Parade venting

Status
Not open for further replies.

WellingtonR

Earning My Ears
On Monday at magic kingdom and today at animal kingdom i couldn't believe the number of parents/adults that would stand in the front rows along the parade route making it very hard for kids to see. If you would sit down with your child in your lap it would be more enjoyable for everyone. Monday at magic kingdom, i was 4 deep and i sat down with my child so the people behind me could see....but nooooo.....there were these group of parents in the front that stood right behind their children. Just rude if you ask me!!!

:thumbsup2Agree with you totally- even worse..... those who put there kids on there shoulders at the cinderella castle shows!!! There are some who will argue that "they got there first" and feel entitled to block everyone else, but I agree that if everyone thought about others....yeah- not going to happen:sad2:

I ahve to agree, but you must understand, there are several countries where they dont care or even know about what your talking about. Trust me I hate it also.

I ahve to agree, but you must understand, there are several countries where they dont care or even know about what your talking about. Trust me I hate it also.

I don't understand your statement. Would you care to elaborate?

We're here now, see children sitting on the curb with parents standing behind them - really can't see what the big deal is :confused3 This is the way most parade viewing is done (at Disney anyway). I, personally don't like to sit on the hard cement, and as long as you get there with your children seated in front of you early, don't really see what the OP's problem is. You're not blocking anyone - it's the people that come late and expect their children to have perfect viewing that has the issues. Just get there earlier, and seat your children (and yourselves, if you like) and you will have perfect viewing. :goodvibes

I am sorry but I have as much right to the front row as a child. If I get there early enough to get a spot at the curb I should be able to see the parade. If there is room beside me I will let a small child stand there. It may be an adults one and only time to see the parade and why should a child that gets there later get the better spot.

I don't think parents that stand in the front should put their children on their shoulders. I also think if you are going to use an ipad to take pictures you should be aware of the people around you.

Walt created the parks for children of all ages.

We're here now, see children sitting on the curb with parents standing behind them - really can't see what the big deal is :confused3 This is the way most parade viewing is done (at Disney anyway). I, personally don't like to sit on the hard cement, and as long as you get there with your children seated in front of you early, don't really see what the OP's problem is. You're not blocking anyone - it's the people that come late and expect their children to have perfect viewing that has the issues. Just get there earlier, and seat your children (and yourselves, if you like) and you will have perfect viewing. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2

Bottom line--you want a front row seat, get there early enough to secure one. You cannot dictate to others whether they can sit or stand.

I don't know if I consider standing to be rude. I always sit on the curb with my kids, but my parents (they aren't old) aren't comfortable sitting so they stand behind us. If we have been there for an hour waiting for a parade I don't think they are being rude to be able to enjoy the parade near their family even if it means standing. Last time we actually had a woman force her child through us and tried to squish him between my sitting daughter and son on the curb. I explained that we were all one group and wanted to be near eachother. Their whole group went bonkers about how horrible we were!?! I just calmly explained that we had waited a long time to watch the parade so we were going to do it as a family. Now kids on shoulders does bother me...

What is wrong with standing?:confused3 You want to have a perfect view, get there early enough.

My pet peeves are the people who lean into you, shove their kids in front of you, and hold their video cameras in from of your face. Fortunately, I've seen the parades a lot so I'm happier watching from a distance. I'm sure it works out better for the rude people who would tick me off, too.

When I'm standing, I'm watching the parade. When I'm sitting, I'm not watching.

Or is it the other way around...?

it costs me nothing to take 5 seconds to make sure i'm not blocking someones view or in the way. i either sit down or move. Disney is a once in a lifetime trip for some people. some people may never get the chance to see that parade again. yes, while i may have the "right" to stand there and be a huge jerk, i'd rather be kind and thoughtful to those around me. if everyone thought about those around them, there'd be little need to fight to get yours.

:thumbsup2

Bottom line--you want a front row seat, get there early enough to secure one. You cannot dictate to others whether they can sit or stand.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I like photographing the parades so I be sure to get there early and stand the whole time. Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Even if I have waited a long time for a spot it would break my heart to see a little kid behind me not being able to see. I usually try to make a spot for them to wedge by my kids. It wasn't the kids fault they were born to non-planners. Lol!!

niffer5150 said:
it costs me nothing to take 5 seconds to make sure i'm not blocking someones view or in the way. i either sit down or move. Disney is a once in a lifetime trip for some people. some people may never get the chance to see that parade again. yes, while i may have the "right" to stand there and be a huge jerk, i'd rather be kind and thoughtful to those around me. if everyone thought about those around them, there'd be little need to fight to get yours.

Call me a jerk, but a lack of planning on someone else's part is not my problem. If a kid wants to come up in front of me while I stand--fine. All you gotta do is ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter