Paperwork: when? what's in it?

heart4dis

Mouseketeer
I gather we receive the paperwork about two weeks before sailing. Can we get it any earlier? Would we want to? If we send final payment early, will we get it any earlier? Also, what's in it? What kind of stuff do we have to fill out?
BTW: I'm in double digits! Dance w/me!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

You will automatically receive your Disney Cruise Line documents from their home office in Celebration, Florida about two weeks prior to your sail date. Even if you pay the full amount of your cruise a year in advance, you'll still receive them at that time. The only exception to this is the situation in which you book through a third party and do not book through DCL directly. In those cases, your documents are going to go FIRST to that third party. The speed at which they send them off to you will determine the time when they arrive.

The paperwork found within the documents is nothing extensive. You'll have to fill our immigration forms for the Bahamas, your billing information for onboard charges, and paperwork relating to those traveling with you that are under the age of 18. Nothing huge and it probably will take you 30 minutes or less.

We got ours 2 weeks before but we booked with Travelocity (who was slow at mailing them to us) and we booked our airfare thru Disney. I am told(I will let you know as we are sailing 11/22) that if you don't book airfare thru Disney, you get your docs 3-4 weeks before. We had 5 people, now 7 so it took me quite some time(although all in one afternoon) to fill it out but some people even do it at the port so don't worry about that. You can book your shore excursions 60 days before your sail date, so you can go to www.disneycruise.com and get the info and forms to fax or number to call so when your 60 day date comes around.

I booked through DU and got airfare myself (free! for six of us!!). I just wondered what the "paperwork" was all about. Sounds like the legal docs. No fun stuff! Thanks for the help.

You will get some fun stuff, a little brochure about your ship, meals, general stuff about your cruise, maybe your shore excursion info but hopefully you will get that earlier. It is really exciting to see your cruise booklets live and in person though!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter