Pancake Day!

I will be making a vat of batter for when DW gets back from Brownies tonight :)

I have mine with lemon juice and sugar :)
DW likes blackberry vinegar on hers.

Hi

We are having pancakes tonight. Well my dh and children are. I cant I am on a diet :sad:

I love Icecream and choc sauce. My dh loves sugar and lemon

We had pancake tossing races at work today (I work in a pre school) very funny to watch. I will have to make more at home for eldest son suger and lemon for him. :sunny:

Woo! Happy pancake day!!

I love my pancakes to have lots of sugar on top! Yum!!

angel659 said:
Hi

We are having pancakes tonight. Well my dh and children are. I cant I am on a diet :sad:

I love Icecream and choc sauce. My dh loves sugar and lemon

So am I (trying to lose weight that is), this year im doing pancakes with lemon and splenda ! :rolleyes:

Im sooo tempted to get the maple syrup out though :stir:

We're not having ours until the weekend as DH is working nights all week but the DS's like sugar & lemon, DH likes Maple Syrup and i like Cherry pie filling with ice cream yummy!

I was lurking because I need to post and saw this and was intrig pixiedust: ued :scratchin What is Pancake Day it sounds really fun. And by sugar and lemon do you mean lemon curd or just a squeeze of lemon juice?? Well anyway, Happy Pancake DAy!!!

Sugar & lemon for me too.
I've just had four large pancakes, I don't have any willpower.

Twinglemum
Pancake Day (or Shrove Tuesday) is the day before Lent starts. Traditionally many Christians have given up foods during Lent. These rich foods are used up on Shrove Tuesday. I've certainly used up plenty today :rotfl:

Tracy

Lemon juice and sugar for us too. (A few years ago at Assp DD was delighted to discover the lemon wedges - intended for cups of tea - which she squeezed onto pancakes and waffles for breakfast!)

Libby

Just had mine with lots of lemon juice and a teensy sprinkling of sugar :thumbsup2 Have done really well on my diet this week so fingers crossed I haven't just undone all my hard work ;) Tomorrow morning will be truth-time :eek:

Went for a run after work, so I don't feel too guilty about having the two pancakes with sugar and lemon juice :thumbsup2

I ate 5 pancakes after tea before my parents made me stop. Just as well; they probably ate the rest of the batter.. LOL

This is really interesting. I'm Catholic and Irish/Scot by hertiage (all 4 Grandparents from Scotland & Ireland) and I never heard of pancake day. It sounds like a fun tradition and one I think my family will adopt.

Did someone tell you a lot of towns and villages have pancake races through them. A group of people run as fast as they can tossing the pancakes as they go. They do round here in the Midlands anyway, after the snow we've had the last couple of days maybe not so many people were doing that this year! We need some :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter