Palo Reservations

LoveMickey

<font color=red>Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of
On previous cruises I've been able to book Palo reservations early for ourselves and other guests that could not book as early as us (Gold Club members).

This time I could not. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

thanks

Yes, they stopped that awhile back. You can now book only for your own stateroom at Gold booking.

On previous cruises I've been able to book Palo reservations early for ourselves and other guests that could not book as early as us (Gold Club members).

This time I could not. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

thanks

I didn't know that you used to be able to do book for others early. but I had the same experience as you. I could see their names but I couldn't select them. I think they have to be paid in full maybe? Or have to wait for their booking window to open? Not sure.

I believe you have to wait for their booking window to open. I think it doesn't work to book them together anymore, even if they have paid in full.

They were paid in full and I still could not do it.

When we cruised the Wonder in Alaska last May, I was able to do it. We booked for our night coming out of Tracy Arm, which was quite lovely.

My parents had this issue, they are Gold Members and could make reservations for themselves but not for my family or my brother's family b/c although we were paid up, our booking window had not opened yet. We're celebrating my parents' 40th anniversary so Dad sent an email requesting that we all have dinner at Palo together. With a little pixie dust, DCL did reserve a table of 6 for all of us (before my booking window opened). So if it's a special occasion, try contacting DCL

If you book for your stateroom and then book for their stateroom when their window opens, you can likely get the reservations combined onboard. Or when you get onboard go to wherever you do Palo bookings on that ship and ask to have them added to your reservation.

Not sure when they started limiting the booking to the higher level stateroom and not to any lower level linked staterooms, but it was before the booking started for the April 2012 Hawaii cruise.

Book your reservations when your window opens. Book the other party on the same night, as close to your time as possible when their window opens (if available).

After boarding, go to Palo ressies and tell them what you REALLY want and they will make it happen. It is just easier to move existing ressies than to start from scratch.

Yes, in the past the web site allowed bookings for linked guests who were technically not eligible for booking yet. That loophole has been closed, along with the one that allowed families with 2 staterooms get 2 Palos for each adult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter