Palo Reservations: Fact or Myth

Be sure to check the Navigator for details of where to go for dining changes. It had always been Rockin Bar D in my experience except one time I showed up and there was just cruise host staff setting up for something and they had switched it to Studio Sea.

Mel
x

You can request to reserve the private room for dinner on the new ships, and for either brunch or dinner on the classic ships with 12-14 people. That is the minimum & maximum numbers they will accept requests for before the cruise. You can contact DCL to submit that.

You won't be able to add them onto your table until you board the ship. It can't be done beforehand. They can either book their own reservation ahead of time, about the same time as yours, and you merge the two when you board, or you ask to have them added to your table when you board.

if it's something difficult to get like brunch, I'd go with the two reservations and merge when you board method.

My TA was able to call disney and get the 2 silver members added when we booked our dinner and brunch reservations.

I had the same situation. I booked my husband, niece (24yo) and me at Palo brunch, but had to wait until 75 days out to add my parents, who are in a separate stateroom.

Online, it said my reservation couldn't be modified, so I called the phone number it provided online for Disney and they said the reason it wouldn't let me do it was because that particular time slot didn't have any openings.

The Disney rep on the phone worked with me to change our time slot to one that had availability for all 5 of us. They said the reservation was for a "table of 6" under my husband's name. The only difference is that when it's booked this way (through Disney rep), they don't list everyone on the reservation individually, they just list my husband and the size table we needed. I think this means that my parents won't get a card in their room confirming the reservation.

This is for our upcoming cruise in April, so hoping it all works out. :)

Just wanted to officially confirm that it is now possible to make a reservation for five or six people online. I don't know if that's a new feature or not, but I was able to get a reservation all together for my family of five even though there were no tables for two or four available :)

Thanks everyone for your great advice here! I'm glad to say it worked and I have my reservation :dance3:

Just wanted to officially confirm that it is now possible to make a reservation for five or six people online. I don't know if that's a new feature or not, but I was able to get a reservation all together for my family of five even though there were no tables for two or four available :)

Thanks everyone for your great advice here! I'm glad to say it worked and I have my reservation :dance3:

Congrats! That is great.

Just so you are not caught off guard, I believe everyone in your party needs to be over 18 to eat in Palo. But I could be wrong.

Have fun!

Congrats! That is great.

Just so you are not caught off guard, I believe everyone in your party needs to be over 18 to eat in Palo. But I could be wrong.

Have fun!

I believe you are correct about that! The youngest in our group is technically 19, but I think everyone is a child at heart while on a Disney cruise :)

Thank you all so much! I feel much better. :thanks:

I didn't know that! I'll pull up a map and figure out where wavebands is before our embarkation day. It might just give me the edge if I end up having to get my reservation on board. Thanks.

Yes, this is exactly the situation I have. I'm the only one with cc status so I was able to book for everyone in my stateroom. However I can't book for the rest of my family even though our reservations are linked.

I have two of us booked for Palo brunch, but I'm worried about whether or not I will be able to add the other three.

You should not have any problem adding them.....on our Alaska Cruise on the Wonder (and on several other DCL cruises) I have added 10 other people to my 2 person Palo brunch ressie once onboard (and even got the private room).

Only one of you has to go the dining changes venue to add others but make sure you have the cabin number of everyone you on want on the reservation...saves some time.

Also, they open up the dining changes venue way earlier than 1:00. We have boarded at 12:30 and there was a long line already being serviced so it can get busy in there.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter