Palo Brunch Buffet Back??

I was under the impression that even though the starting plates were very small, you could order as many of them as you want?
So... you can order as many of them as you want, however everything is pre-plated so you can't just order specific things. You have to order the whole plate. I used to love the pre Cut Crab legs and could eat a healthy portion but just one doesn't cut it. When we were on the Fantasy in Sept. Last year, we ordered 2 of each of the appetizer plates and only got one of each since they forgot the other two.

Its just easier when its a buffet.

Also yes, Chocolate Strawberries were gone from Palo on the Fantasy and on the Magic when we sailed in Nov. Although room service did bring my travelling companions some so they are definitely still on the ship lol.

Last edited:
So... you can order as many of them as you want, however everything is pre-plated so you can just order specific things. You have to order the whole plate. I used to love the pre Cut Crab legs and could eat a healthy portion but just one doesn't cut it. When we were on the Fantasy in Sept. Last year, we ordered 2 of each of the appetizer plates and only got one of each since they forgot the other two.

Also yes, Chocolate Strawberries were gone from Palo on the Fantasy and on the Magic when we sailed in Nov. Although room service did bring my travelling companions some so they are definitely still on the ship lol.
The ones room service brings (usually to apologize for some issue) are NOT the same as the Palo ones. They are definitely of inferior quality. The chocolate is not so great on the room service ones.

The ones room service brings (usually to apologize for some issue) are NOT the same as the Palo ones. They are definitely of inferior quality. The chocolate is not so great on the room service ones.
I will add that to my notes! I am allergic to Cocoa so I would never have known there was a difference. Thanks for the heads up!

I've done the buffet pre-covid and just did the new buffet two weeks ago, and even though I thought I'd be disappointed, I ended up loving them both. They're different in their own ways, but the new one was a bit more adventurous for me because we followed our server's suggestions and let him make all the recommendations. Yes, you can order as much as you want, and in order to try a little bit of everything my BF and I shared a bunch of different plates. It was the perfect amount of food and I left feeling full but not stuffed like I have on previous trips there. We're thinking of going back on the Fantasy in June, so if they change it back I may have to try it again since my BF's never experienced the buffet in it's original format, but if they don't I'd still be happy either way.

So... you can order as many of them as you want, however everything is pre-plated so you can't just order specific things. You have to order the whole plate. I used to love the pre Cut Crab legs and could eat a healthy portion but just one doesn't cut it. When we were on the Fantasy in Sept. Last year, we ordered 2 of each of the appetizer plates and only got one of each since they forgot the other two.

When I visited in February, our server was happy to bring us just part of the seafood plate. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to customize the starter plates when you can customize pretty much anything else.

When I visited in February, our server was happy to bring us just part of the seafood plate. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to customize the starter plates when you can customize pretty much anything else.

Ours were insistent that we had to get the whole plate. Glad they were able to accommodate for you!

You can order as many seafood and meat/cheese plates as you'd like. You can also get a plate of pastries, including the almond croissant. I got all of that on my last cruise in February. I guess you can also order as many desserts as you'd like, too, but it's too much food!

I suppose the buffet still has more choices, but I rather like not having to deal with a buffet. It's nice to be served and to not have random people using the same serving tools as me.

Either way, it's worth $45.
Never too much food on a cruise, it's about the choices. I have seen it a couple of times when they have had someone serving the Palo buffet when there was a Norovirus issue on board. It still gave us the same food options and the sticky buns.

We've been to Palo on 2 of the 3 cruises we've been on since the restart. We've enjoyed it both times, but do miss the buffet.

My partner doesn't eat seafood, and doesn't like any of the meats on the charcuterie board, so it's a complete whiff for her, unfortunately. Back when the buffet was in place she could have a plate of just meats and cheeses that she liked. There were tons more options. It was great.

If it never came back it wouldn't be the end of the world, but the fact that it is missing is the reason we only went on 2 of the last 3 cruises. We have a reservation next month, and our fingers are crossed that it is back.

The Palo brunch buffet also included a nice selection of pickled vegetables and multiple choices of seared tuna (both plain and spicy). Finally, there was the caviar with toast points, chopped hard cooked egg, and chopped shallot/onion. I have not heard that this variety is still available, except possibly for the seared tuna.

The pre-covid buffet was so much better for a vegetarian. I don't know that we would do the brunch under the new format without having a free Palo meal with Platinum. I really hope they bring back the prior set up.

My wife is a vegetarian. What is something really good that you feel is missing

I've done the buffet pre-covid and just did the new buffet two weeks ago, and even though I thought I'd be disappointed, I ended up loving them both. They're different in their own ways, but the new one was a bit more adventurous for me because we followed our server's suggestions and let him make all the recommendations. Yes, you can order as much as you want, and in order to try a little bit of everything my BF and I shared a bunch of different plates. It was the perfect amount of food and I left feeling full but not stuffed like I have on previous trips there. We're thinking of going back on the Fantasy in June, so if they change it back I may have to try it again since my BF's never experienced the buffet in it's original format, but if they don't I'd still be happy either way.
We were on the Fantasy last week and did the Palo brunch, and my husand ordered a lot of stuff from different categories, including two entrees. I normally can't eat a huge amount of food so I knew to try just something from several, but not a lot from several like he was doing. So our server brings mine out and one of his for the first course where my husband ordered multiple, then brings out the second/third items and puts them between us and says "You will share this with your wife". Every time after that he would do the same, put it between us and say something like "this is for sharing" :rotfl2: . I would usually eat just a bite or two and then let him eat the rest, but it was cracking me up. My husband really got his moneys worth out of that meal.

Ours were insistent that we had to get the whole plate. Glad they were able to accommodate for you!
Either it changed recently or varies by server/ship, but we had no trouble getting extra of one item. I was on the Magic last week and our server asked if we wanted more of anything from the antipasti plates, so I did ask for a few more of the split crab legs and my server brought me a little plate with about 6 or 7 of them. Between the two antipasti plates, I would say the seafood was superior, but neither one of them was as good as the a la carte items. In future, I might just skip it and cut straight to the really good stuff.

To that point, the a la carte items were amazing. I enjoyed palo brunch pre-covid, but not nearly as much as this brunch. I think perhaps not filling up on the buffet allowed me to enjoy trying more a la carte items--before, I just did the buffet and a single entree because I was stuffed after the buffet, but on this trip, DH and I shared eggs benedict and florentine, artichoke ravioli to share, lasagne for me and eggplant rollatini for husband, and panna cotta and dark chocolate/raspberry tart for dessert. Everything was really well done but the lasagne and panna cotta were extraordinary. I think they may both have been in the top 5 best things I've ever eaten and have been to multiple michelin starred restaurants.

My wife is a vegetarian. What is something really good that you feel is missing

Another vegetarian here -- for me it was less about there being one particular item and more that there was so much variety. The buffet had an incredible selection of different cheeses, sweet and savory breads and pastries, fresh fruit, things like caprese and deviled eggs, and of course all the desserts. I at least never really centered my meal on one particular main item but more grazed across like 15 different things which felt like such a luxury when often at meals there are one or two vegetarian options per category, if you will.

But, if I had to pick one thing that is missing, it's definitely the sticky buns :)

Attachments

• IMG_7183.JPG
    IMG_7183.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 13
Another vegetarian here -- for me it was less about there being one particular item and more that there was so much variety. The buffet had an incredible selection of different cheeses, sweet and savory breads and pastries, fresh fruit, things like caprese and deviled eggs, and of course all the desserts. I at least never really centered my meal on one particular main item but more grazed across like 15 different things which felt like such a luxury when often at meals there are one or two vegetarian options per category, if you will.

But, if I had to pick one thing that is missing, it's definitely the sticky buns :)
I agree about the cornucopia of delights for vegetarians at the buffet. I would go back multiple trips just to enjoy the options on the salad/cheese table. It all was so wonderful to have OPTIONS that were all delicious.

Someone on a cruise meet group on FB reported that they just got off a recent cruise and asked in Palo about the brunch buffet and were told definitively that it is not coming back. Ever. Not sure if this is one of those bus driver type rumors, but I really hope not. Let's keep asking on board, keep commenting on those comment cards and sending in feedback if you too love the buffet items.

Someone on a cruise meet group on FB reported that they just got off a recent cruise and asked in Palo about the brunch buffet and were told definitively that it is not coming back. Ever. Not sure if this is one of those bus driver type rumors, but I really hope not. Let's keep asking on board, keep commenting on those comment cards and sending in feedback if you too love the buffet items.
I am OK if the buffet doesn't come back, I am not a big fan of buffets. However, I really enjoy the broad selection so maybe there is a way they can increase that without the buffet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter