Paid parking is coming to WDW resorts March 2018

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by rteetz, Mar 13, 2018.

Tags:
?

Will the new resort parking fees impact your travel (planned or future)?

1. Not at all

233 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. I might consider staying off site

245 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. I will keep my currently booked trip, but will not stay on site after that

161 vote(s)
    19.7%
  4. I will cancel my booked trip and stay off site instead

37 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. I will not be returning to Disney parks in the foreseeable future

79 vote(s)
    9.7%
  6. Other (please explain)

61 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

WDWMagic said to expect a big Valet price hike if this happen.

2. disneydeal

disneydeal Go to Disney every other year.

Oh Ok I see what your saying... but I've always stayed on property so I guess I've never thought about the dishonesty of others.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Mackenzie Click-Mickelson

Mackenzie Click-Mickelson DIS Veteran

I would expect that. Wouldn't make sense to have valet at $25 and daily parking at $25 (or close to that).

rteetz likes this.
  5. disneydeal

disneydeal Go to Disney every other year.

I guess people could turn it around on Disney.... hey part of your pool fountain isn't working. I'll be billing you (Disney) $15 per time I use the 100% non working correctly pool. Or hey elevator is out and I had to use stairs so I'm expecting deduction of $8 every time we use stairs unless we take stroller on stairs then we will deduct $12... ha ha

6. larry47591

larry47591 Earning My Ears

We are going 4 times this year and plan to go 4 times each year for the next 3 years at least. If I have to pay over 800 just to park we will not be staying on property. (which would save me a lot of money in the long run). I am willing to pay a premium to stay on property, but we are reaching my breaking point.

7. Farro

Farro It's a pasta! It's a grain! What?

If they are now charging separate for it, technically you can't say it's built into the price. In essence, they took away something that people thought was built into the price, therefore decreasing the worth of what we are paying for when we stay at the hotel. Everybody loses!

As for other hotels don't charge what Disney does...well obviously Disney costs an arm and a leg (and now possibly a foot). But unfortunately the locations of their Deluxe hotels can't be beat. Being able to walk to Epcot and DHS from Yacht Club (especially after Star Wars opens) is priceless to us! Location, location, location.

Again, it all boils down to how you look at the vacation as someone else said. We don't go to Disney to see other parts of Florida. We go to WDW, stay in their hotels, use their transportation and go home. That's why we only go to WDW every few years.

Otherwise we book a separate trip to the parts of Florida we want to see - Miami, The Keys...

8. ArwenMarie

ArwenMarie DIS Veteran

It adds up. I guess I'm used to parking fees and resort fees from staying offsite.

It's not small at all. Just relative to all of the other price increases, I don't see the big deal with this one in particular. Hopefully they don't add it to existing reservations

9. ArwenMarie

ArwenMarie DIS Veteran

What is valet now?

10. Mackenzie Click-Mickelson

Mackenzie Click-Mickelson DIS Veteran

$25 according to Disney's website.

rteetz likes this.
  11. Airb330

Airb330 DIS Veteran

I’m guessing it would be like Aulani. They charge resort guests but it’s included for DVC stays on points.

Hopefully likes this.
  12. PuppyJonathan

PuppyJonathan DIS Veteran

I hope to God this isn’t true, this coming from someone who normally takes the buses!

halfpintpeggy and Ninja Mom like this.
  13. mickeyfanachey1999

mickeyfanachey1999 DIS Veteran

Another Georgian but with a 6.5 hour drive. I could probably get a plane ticket for the price of parking for the June trip but I'm not sure four of us will fit in one seat on the plane the way we fit in one truck :) No way I can get 4 tickets for the cost of driving. I still just feel like this is Disney going to far.

14. DLgal

DLgal DIS Veteran

They have been charging resort guests for parking at the Disneyland resort hotels for years now. I'm surprised WDW has taken so long, to be honest. Not that I like it; I think it's super stingy.

Disneyland hotels charge $20/night I think. Valet is $30/day for resort guests. Non guests can only park for free for 3 hours with validation from a TS restaurant. Non guests using valet are charged $30 for the first hour, $10 per additional hour.

15. joelle89

joelle89 Earning My Ears

I sure hope they don’t go through with this. We have already booked our 2 week stay in May, paid parking would cost us another $350.
    We stay onsite mainly because of Free parking. If I had known this beforehand I would have just booked a villa nearby.

16. bgraham34

bgraham34 Wilderness Lodger

Can we please stop comparing Disneyland to Walt Disney World with parking. Disney resorts have more parking area than Disneyland has as a whole I am sure. WDW has the space and Disneyland doesn't. I can understand Disneyland charging to keep cars onsite at a minimum. But Disney World has a luxury of size and all this points to a cash gran plain and simple.

17. mickeyfanachey1999

mickeyfanachey1999 DIS Veteran

Allow me to add that if DVC point reservations aren't effected then I won't be nearly as effected. Doesn't mean I still don't think it's a really crappy move from a company that does seem to be trying to price out a certain group of people.

MamaBelle4 and Ninja Mom like this.
  18. Rich M

Rich M DIS Veteran

Some of us are just stating that we are not shocked by it because on the West coast we have been paying for it for a long time. Same company so for me I would think same practice. That's why I brought it up.

19. DBDiz

DBDiz Mouseketeer

Depending on if/when they go live with this, they only have about a year until Skyliner goes online. At which point the buses covering the Pop, AoA, and CBR routes to Epcot and DHS can be dispersed to other hotels for transport. The need for buses at the IG resorts will also decline some (I can imagine most folks choosing to use Skyliner to DHS if it's faster/more effficient than the buses).

20. DLgal

DLgal DIS Veteran

But why not? Disneyland hotels built in specific parking JUST for their guests, just like WDW did. They only started charging overnight guests in 2015. They never charged before that. They never allowed non guests to use the lots before and they still don't. There has not been a good justification for charging resort guests at DL. They just started doing it because they could. Like WDW will if this rumor is true. The comparison is fair.

Rich M likes this.
  21. bgraham34

bgraham34 Wilderness Lodger

It is not exactly fair when you have 3 resorts will still limited parking as opposed to 20 plus resorts with ample parking. I get what you are trying to say but it isn't a direct comparison.

ArielSRL and Ninja Mom like this.