Paid My Dues!

Just a heads up you can buy gift cards with a Target Red card and you get 5% off there too. You can even do it online.
Thanks! I was just saying I needed to go to Sam’s for 3 percent off. InsteadI read your post and just placed a Target order online
Never paid dues with gift cards before but I started feeling lazy for not doing it.

Just a heads up you can buy gift cards with a Target Red card and you get 5% off there too. You can even do it online.

Does Target limit how many cards I can buy in one day? I needed more but it shut me out after three $500 cards

Does Target limit how many cards I can buy in one day? I needed more but it shut me out after three $500 cards
If your account is new and you are using the debit card, they definitely limit it. Last year it took me about 5 purchases to get what I needed. This year, I got it in two purchases.

Don’t forget to check your other credit cards for offers. There’s usually a dollar limit on the offer. Right now I have a 10% statement credit at Rite Aid on my Chase Freedom card with a maximum credit of $4. I have a $25 for $150 purchase at BJ’s on another card. I’ve had bigger offers on my Discover card and AmEx. I know that it doesn’t seem like a lot but if you work those deals throughout the year, the savings adds up to better than what you would get from Target or the warehouse clubs.

Personally have a limit of $3000 per day but newer accounts possibly get less? Maybe like $1000 per day?

While it stinks if you need to split it up on multiple days, since you can do it all online its not too bad.

If your account is new and you are using the debit card, they definitely limit it. Last year it took me about 5 purchases to get what I needed. This year, I got it in two purchases.
Help! I am trying to use some of my Disney Gift Cards now to pay dues and it is saying that the payment was declined. I am only entering the 16 digit card with no spaces. There does not seem to be a way to enter the Pin code.
Can you tell me how to do this?
Cause I have bought a LOT of gift cards
Thank you

Help! I am trying to use some of my Disney Gift Cards now to pay dues and it is saying that the payment was declined. I am only entering the 16 digit card with no spaces. There does not seem to be a way to enter the Pin code.
Can you tell me how to do this?
Cause I have bought a LOT of gift cards
Thank you
There are a lot of nuances to this.

1) You can consolidate your gift cards at disneygiftcards.com. I recommend this because you can put up to $1000 on a single gift card. You can also verify how much money is on the gift card.

2) To pay by gift card, you need to select Pay by contract. Then select an amount. Then choose Disney gift card as the payment type. You will have to put in the 16 digit number but not the pin. If you have a physical gift card, you have to rub off the silver stuff to see the last 4 digits.

If you can be more specific, I might have other ideas.

There are a lot of nuances to this.

1) You can consolidate your gift cards at disneygiftcards.com. I recommend this because you can put up to $1000 on a single gift card. You can also verify how much money is on the gift card.

2) To pay by gift card, you need to select Pay by contract. Then select an amount. Then choose Disney gift card as the payment type. You will have to put in the 16 digit number but not the pin. If you have a physical gift card, you have to rub off the silver stuff to see the last 4 digits.

If you can be more specific, I might have other ideas.

Thank you!
I didn’t pick to pay by contract. That was the screw up.
I made another mistake and put too much on one contract so I have a $350 credit on that contract and not enough to cover a different contract! Good grief.
And Target has me locked out until tomorrow

Thank you for your help. It’s kind of annoying but I’m saving quite a bit once this is done

I read the numbers to member services. She said they can do up to five cards at a time. I have two contracts and didn't want to do the whole each contract thing.

All of my contracts are now set up for monthly auto payment from my checking account, BUT I buy Disney gift cards with my Disney Visa at Kroger whenever they have 4X fuel points and use the GC to pay a couple of months at a time, so the auto payment never comes out. I end up with 2% for grocery store purchase and $1 off per gallon of gas for every $250 in cards.

I have so many questions...

This is the first time I'm using Disney gift cards to pay my dues. Because my dues are over $1,000, I will need to use 2 gift cards. My first gift card is $1,000 and my second gift card is more than the remaining balance due. What happens to the left over amount on that second card? Is there an option to pay with 2 gift cards? Do I select "pay balance" or "pay by contract" (I have 1 contract)?

Thank you everyone. Have a jolly holiday! :santa:

When I picked Pay by Contract, I could choose the exact amount, like $35.01.

You can only pay the balance if your gift card has enough to cover the whole bill and you won’t get any change.

I messed up and entered a $500 card when I only owed $150 on one contract and that gift card got locked into the contact towards 2021 dues!

I have four contacts so mine was a bit of a hot mess

I'm carrying a little bit of a balance into 2021 because I didn't want to have that small amount left on one of the gift cards.

When I picked Pay by Contract, I could choose the exact amount, like $35.01.

You can only pay the balance if your gift card has enough to cover the whole bill and you won’t get any change.

I messed up and entered a $500 card when I only owed $150 on one contract and that gift card got locked into the contact towards 2021 dues!

I have four contacts so mine was a bit of a hot mess
If you accidentally overpay or pay on the wrong contract, you can contact Member Accounting to have it fixed. I have two contracts and accidentally made a partial dues payment to the auto-pay contract instead of the lump-sum contract. Called Member Accounting the next day and they were able to move the payment to the correct contract. They should be able to move the overpayment amount to a different contract, assuming you haven't already paid off all your 2020 dues. Even if you've paid all your 2020 dues, you can ask them if they can refund you the overpayment. The worst they can do is say no, and the best they can do is put money back on your gift card so you have the use of it.

This is great! Thank you so much - I just bought the Target gift cards and paid online with them. It was super easy. Thanks for the advice

Is there a limit of Disney Gift Cards when paying online? Can I use 2 gift cards and then use a regular credit card to pay the balance of under $50?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter