Packing tips?

jessg

DIsney we will see you yet again
Need packing tips for a group of 8, 3 adults 5 kids 17-9 2 week stay road trip from LI NY to Orlando staying in a condo offsite. Driving over 2 days. 1st day will be long day 2nd day will be shorter both ways leaving On Sats arriving at Destination on Sun. Various disneys days a sea world day and 2 US/IOA days and a couple off days. Will be doing MNSSHP and H20 glow nights also. All tips and tricks will be appriciated!

Are you stopping somewhere to spend the night after first day of driving? If I'm going to be staying in a hotel before I get to my final destination, my packing list has a separate section of things that I will need at that hotel. I want to be able to grab those things without digging through my entire suitcase. For me that's things like shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, comb, deodorant, clothes for day 2. I have to use my own soap due to skin issues, so when a bar is almost used up weeks before the trip, I stop using it, let it dry out, and pack it to use and throw out as I pack up on day 2. I take a large ziploc bag or clear garbage bag to pack up the dirty clothes from day 1. You could put all that type of stuff in a separate duffel bag for everyone who will be staying in one room that night.

I assume your condo will have a washer and dryer, so you won't have to pack 2 weeks worth of clothes.

If you have clothing which you don't put in the dryer, maybe take a drying rack if you have space.

You might want to take a surge protector which has multiple outlets (including USB ports if necessary) so that people can charge devices at the same time without everybody having to look for their own wall outlet. But remember that different phones have different cables; a newer iPhone will have USB-C and an older iPhone will have USB-A so you need to keep track of who is packing what.

Are you stopping somewhere to spend the night after first day of driving? If I'm going to be staying in a hotel before I get to my final destination, my packing list has a separate section of things that I will need at that hotel. I want to be able to grab those things without digging through my entire suitcase. For me that's things like shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, comb, deodorant, clothes for day 2. I have to use my own soap due to skin issues, so when a bar is almost used up weeks before the trip, I stop using it, let it dry out, and pack it to use and throw out as I pack up on day 2. I take a large ziploc bag or clear garbage bag to pack up the dirty clothes from day 1. You could put all that type of stuff in a separate duffel bag for everyone who will be staying in one room that night.

I assume your condo will have a washer and dryer, so you won't have to pack 2 weeks worth of clothes.

If you have clothing which you don't put in the dryer, maybe take a drying rack if you have space.

You might want to take a surge protector which has multiple outlets (including USB ports if necessary) so that people can charge devices at the same time without everybody having to look for their own wall outlet. But remember that different phones have different cables; a newer iPhone will have USB-C and an older iPhone will have USB-A so you need to keep track of who is packing what.
Yes we will be stopping the first night somewhere in GA most likely then continue our drive down the 2nd day. On the way back we would do the same only not sure where our stop would be. Our condo does have a W&D it was a must since we are going 2 weeks. I have travel sized board games one for each kid that they can switch out with each other to have many playing options and also every one also has an activity book, coloring book and colored pencils with pencil sharpeners and pencil case for the trip.

I bought everyone a insulated water bottle to load with ice and water in the am and just refill throughout the day. I have spf lip balm as my lips burn super easy. I have small insulated backpacks for all kids and one for the other adult female in our group then my husband will carry a regular size insulated backpack for me and him and I will carry a sling back for my personal items (wallet phone ect). Everyone will have their own snacks for the day fruit sandwich ect in their own insulated backpack and we will eat breakfast in our condo carry snacks for the day and eat dinner out. I also have an anker portable charger and cooling towels. I have spf face mist for our faces and then will get regular spf for arms ect. What else?

Need packing tips for a group of 8, 3 adults 5 kids 17-9 2 week stay road trip from LI NY to Orlando staying in a condo offsite. Driving over 2 days. 1st day will be long day 2nd day will be shorter both ways leaving On Sats arriving at Destination on Sun. Various disneys days a sea world day and 2 US/IOA days and a couple off days. Will be doing MNSSHP and H20 glow nights also. All tips and tricks will be appriciated!

I think you've got a lot of great ideas already. Some additional ideas to consider:
  • if it's in your budget, buy a couple of UV/solar umbrellas...maybe 3 total for your group. Have each adult carry 1. Can also double as regular rain umbrella for when it rains. But it's very effective at making it feel a lot cooler when you're standing under it.
  • bring a hand-held rechargeable USB fan like this one --> https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Ver...50286&sprefix=handheld+usb+fan,aps,169&sr=8-2
  • Pack 5 days' worth of clothes. Wash clothes a couple of times on your trip. Don't forget to pack some laundry soap pods with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter