Packing list for carry-on bag for pre-sailing fun.

frank2271

Mouseketeer
Hello All,

I have read about a couple of families that bring a seperate carry on for playing onboard before the cabin is ready. This sounds like a great idea. Can you guys tell me what I need to bring for my family to use between the time we get onboard and the time we get into our room. Swim suits, towels, suntan lotion, and??? What time does the ship leave port? We plan on getting there early so we can enjoy every minute.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

PS- I finally got my ticker working.

Swim suits, towels, suntan lotion
Hi Frank,
I can't think of anything else you'll need before the room is ready. I've read here that the rooms are usually ready by 1:30. Have fun! :bounce:

Along with what you mentioned, any medications, and perhaps a change of clothes "in case" your luggage is a tad late..We also bring our camera, and anything really a NECCESITY, sort of like a carry on for the plane, anything that you would need for the first day, and can not live without..

The ships leaves at 5pm or so....We arrive at the port between 10 and 10:30 am, and LOVE to be one of the first to board, to enjoy everything from early on, as it is SO empty (especially the pools)...

Hope that helps a bit... :goodvibes

We don't pack a carry one bag. If we are going to swim before hand..we wear our swimsuits under our clothes. We don't carry any more on that we have to. Usually a back pack with medicine, jewelry, etc. Other than that..everything goes in the luggage.

Don't need towels they will have them pool side. Camera definite and swim suits, suntan lotion. We had 8:30 dining and we had plenty of time for a luggage to get to our room and dress before dinner that night. Don't forget your documents and id's in the carry on.

I won't go into details, but remember the airlines can screw up and your luggage may not get to you. Thank heavens for my carry-on. It was all I had to get by on for the first 4 days of the cruise....

In carry on - bathing suit, sunscreen and any meds, camera and any valuables (jewelry). I always pack a complete change of clothes. As WDW1014 states nothing is ever guaranteed with your luggage. For just that reason I also recommend if packing more than one suitcase - split your packing between the luggage. (I have had my luggage lost numerous times. It always shows up a day or so later.)

We brought small stuff for the kids to do while waiting at port (ie books, games, etc)....also had swimsuits, change of clothes, camera, etc....plus if you are using walkie talkies on board, good to have them in your bag as well in case mom wants to go book spa while dad takes the kids to the pool, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter