Packing Essentials?

What is KT taper
KT tape is what we use instead of bandaids when we get blisters. My husband hunts and often hikes a dozen miles or so in wet and rocky terrain he introduced me to it and it's been in my Disneyland pack ever since. The tape stays on until you take it off.

This is what we buy.
SB SOX Original Cotton Kinesiology Tape (16ft Uncut Roll) – Best Latex Free, Water Resistant Tape for Muscles/Joints – Perfect for Any Activity – Easy to Apply/Use, Works Great for Several Days! https://a.co/6iXwXG7

KT tape is what we use instead of bandaids when we get blisters. My husband hunts and often hikes a dozen miles or so in wet and rocky terrain he introduced me to it and it's been in my Disneyland pack ever since. The tape stays on until you take it off.

This is what we buy.
SB SOX Original Cotton Kinesiology Tape (16ft Uncut Roll) – Best Latex Free, Water Resistant Tape for Muscles/Joints – Perfect for Any Activity – Easy to Apply/Use, Works Great for Several Days! https://a.co/6iXwXG7
Thank u

Definitely ziploc bags....ALL sizes. If you order grocery delivery, add a box of plastic cutlery for use in the room (when you have leftovers, or order at the pool, etc.). As mentioned before - hand sanitizer and a small travel pack of Lysol wipes for cleaning tables. Chargers/cords. I also pack a travel sized manicure kit (for hangnails, torn nails, etc). A cap/hat, in case the sun is being brutal that day. They're quite pricey at the parks. Anti-friction stick/cream (for your inner thighs). Finally, a cooling towel.

I recommend pre-purchasing (if there is time) Disney parks gift cards for each child (they can each choose their own design). Pre-load it with a certain amount of money. Tell them they can spend it whenever and however they want (snacks, souvenirs, etc). This allows you to say “yes“ to every “I want…” as long as “there is money on your card”. It teaches them to spend thoughtfully, and you are the hero that gave them this magical card. Grandparents etc may choose to add on to the total amount. If you don’t have time to order unique gift cards for each child from www.shopdisney.com, you can get them at the parks. Just be careful of gift cards from Target etc, as some of them are not valid at the parks.

https://www.shopdisney.com/buy-a-disney-gift-card/

Where do you put it? Like on your ankles and big toe? I'm lost on exactly how to use it. 🤣
I spray the entire bottom of my feet and depending on what shoes I'm wearing would also spray the back of my heels. I apply again after an afternoon rest in the hotel before I go out in the evenings. Just one tip - be sure it's totally dry before you put socks or sandals on. Don't ask me how I know this. 😂

I spray the entire bottom of my feet and depending on what shoes I'm wearing would also spray the back of my heels. I apply again after an afternoon rest in the hotel before I go out in the evenings. Just one tip - be sure it's totally dry before you put socks or sandals on. Don't ask me how I know this. 😂
Oh, I meant the moleskin! Lol

Oh, I meant the moleskin! Lol
HAHA - well for me I constantly have shoes start rubbing on the balls of my feet so before I start out the first day I cut a piece to put there. So then it's just preventative to avoid blisters. I have to replace each day, sometimes twice a day but it's saved me a lot of pain since I started using it from the very start of the trip.

This is what we buy.
I also used it when I dislocated my knee at Castaway Cay.

I also used it when I dislocated my knee at Castaway Cay.
It is incredible stuff. I swear by it. I've walked 15 miles in hot weather with it on the back of my heel and it doesn't budge. If you know how to tape it correctly you can use it for shin splints and other various issues too

What are your MUST HAVES when you go to Disney?

My family of 8 (4 kids, 15, 10, 6, 3) will be going for a week on October 23rd!

What might I forget to pack?
Healthy snacks in individual portions (example: Goldfish crackers in a ziplock snack baggie), cases of water/refillable bottle, fanny pack/backpack so each can carry water and snacks, disposable cameras so kids can take pictures, allergy medicine, first aid kit, lots of money and patience.

Moleskin and I swear by this stuff to avoid blisters
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N15HKWN

I hate to bump an older thread, but I just wanted to thank @lily_belle for linking the Barefoot Scientist spray. I have had blister problems with my feet my ENTIRE life (due in part to having turned in feet when I walk), and I've tried just about everything with varying levels of success. But I got that spray for the most recent trip and it worked LIKE A CHARM. Sprayed it in the morning and walked both parks from park hop to close and not a single blister or even the beginning of one. Any foot soreness was the regular amount you'd expect from a very long Disney day. So now I'm just calling it the magical foot spray.

This is going to be my go-to for park days for sure, so thank you!

I hate to bump an older thread, but I just wanted to thank @lily_belle for linking the Barefoot Scientist spray. I have had blister problems with my feet my ENTIRE life (due in part to having turned in feet when I walk), and I've tried just about everything with varying levels of success. But I got that spray for the most recent trip and it worked LIKE A CHARM. Sprayed it in the morning and walked both parks from park hop to close and not a single blister or even the beginning of one. Any foot soreness was the regular amount you'd expect from a very long Disney day. So now I'm just calling it the magical foot spray.

This is going to be my go-to for park days for sure, so thank you!
So happy to hear it helped you! Magical foot spray is a great name for it. 😃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter