Packable rainjacket recommendation

jfeasel

Mouseketeer
We usually go to the parks in June and December (school calendar) so I'm used to the afternoon showers in June. Headed to WDW June 26 and I don't want to do ponchos AGAIN! Can anyone recommend a packable rain jacket. I feel like every time we get the ponchos we wear them once and throw them away. I don't need a lined rain jacket as it will be in the 90s, just something to keep us somewhat dry. We already pack a spare set of good shoes so one can be drying while the other is being worn. I'd like something that would fit into a backpack or crossover bag. TIA!

How much do you want to spend? I'm bringing this one, got it on sale at Nordstrom Rack (online).

It's been so rainy here in Chicago, I've gotten a ton of use out of it! I love it. Very lightweight, no liner, good hood and rolls up into a little ball. And cute! It's also a good length, long enough to cover me when I have on shorts.

10061502.jpg

Just a suggestion - we use small umbrellas instead of ponchos/rain jackets. They easily fit in a park bag or backpack, and you don't have to worry about drying/folding them back up.

I love, love, love my "Golightly Packable Waterproof Jacket" by Joules. They are super lightweight, but longer in length (mine goes down to my mid-thigh, and I'm 5'0"), have an adjustable hood, and fold down and pack inside their own pocket. I bought one after I got tired of buying the in-park ponchos that always seemed to rip on me and I'd end up throwing away. The Joules ones come in a lot of really fun prints (mine is called "raining cats and dogs") and there is a poncho version of them too.

The photo that @Farro posted above is actually the same Joules jacket that I have but in a different print. They're available on the Nordstrom Rack website right now in several prints, and on the Nordstrom website in a couple of solid colors too.

Columbia has a great option, they collapse into the pocket, so you have a little square when they're packed. Very lightweight to.

I love the ones from Uniqlo - super light, and also have UV sun protection. Perfect for Disney! They come in a little pouch which the jacket fits into. Plus, you can just pick one up from Uniqlo at Disney Springs! Look for the Pocketable UV Cut Parka; it comes in lots of different colors. There's ones for kids, women, and men!

I really love my Charles River Pack-N-Go, it's unlined and super compact!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts