overweight people who constantly eat out

Ez, I'm sorry your mom is sick and needs surgery. I'm afraid you have some misconceptions about weight loss and illness which are affecting your view of her. This may even be the first time you are confronting the certainty that you will lose her sooner or later. She needs your support now and you can become better educated about all her medical issues so that you can better help her now and in the future.

It's harder for older people to lose weight even when they're healthy. Metabolism slows and muscle mass is lost when we are unable to exercise as much as we did before. A pound of weight loss a week is not realistic for someone with a bad knee and atrial fibrillation. What works for you is not going to work for someone else, especially an older person with chronic health issues. Starving herself is not the way to lose weight, either.

As someone ages, medical practitioners often do not want to try to force the patient to make too many changes at once and do not want to make drastic changes because this often causes people to give up and not try to make any changes at all. It can be overwhelming.

People are lured by super size and feeling like they're getting a good deal on more food everywhere. Look at the number of people who eat everything offered on the Disney Dining Plan as well as at McDonald's.

I am between you and your mom in age. I'm trying to lose weight and despite my best efforts it is a very slow process.

I hope the surgery goes well and that this experience brings you and your mom even closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter