Overthinking my park plans

perchy

WDW Resort Hopper
Pardon me while I ask for feedback on what I feel like is stupid to ask, but I'm asking anyway.

I have a 5 day ticket (one park per day) and expect to purchase a MNSSHP ticket to use on a sixth day. My original plan was to factor in some down time and the last day we used 6 park days with no real breaks we were completely exhausted.

This trip, we are 1 adult, 1 healthy senior, and three girls 10-15. We like to rope drop. Our last visit will have been exactly one year prior minus the senior. (My mom's joining us for this one.)

Day 1: Arrive and relax
Day 2: MK... or HS? We'll be staying at Poly, but I feel like a full day at HS could be better earlier in our trip.
Day 3: A late afternoon arrival at EP because if the pattern holds, this could be an EP EEH day. (Relaxing or swimming beforehand.)
Day 4: HS or MK.... whichever we don't do I day 2. We do a split stay and leave Poly for OKW on this day.
Day 5: AK, and hopefully some afternoon pool time.
Day 6: EP
Day 7: MK for MNSSHP (so we'll have the morning and early afternoon to chill).

Typing this out, Maybe we should hit HS first.

I checked the Touring Plans crowd calendar and hours are still largely estimated at this point.

If you're still reading, thanks. I'm looking for holes in any logic to this schedule.

I would do MK on your day 2 to take advantage of your Poly stay . It’s wonderful to go back to your resort midday . Day 3 I would do rope drop Epcot then back to your resort for pool/ nap then back to Epcot for Extra Evening Hours . If you are leaving Poly Day 4 would do HS since you want to do it all day at that park . You can leave to check in and relax and return to close it out . Day 6 you can do a late start before Epcot because you will probably need it then . Day 7 you can sleep in then swim or do Disney Springs before the party . Sounds like an amazing trip !! Have fun !!

Pardon me while I ask for feedback on what I feel like is stupid to ask, but I'm asking anyway.

I have a 5 day ticket (one park per day) and expect to purchase a MNSSHP ticket to use on a sixth day. My original plan was to factor in some down time and the last day we used 6 park days with no real breaks we were completely exhausted.

This trip, we are 1 adult, 1 healthy senior, and three girls 10-15. We like to rope drop. Our last visit will have been exactly one year prior minus the senior. (My mom's joining us for this one.)

Day 1: Arrive and relax
Day 2: MK... or HS? We'll be staying at Poly, but I feel like a full day at HS could be better earlier in our trip.
Day 3: A late afternoon arrival at EP because if the pattern holds, this could be an EP EEH day. (Relaxing or swimming beforehand.)
Day 4: HS or MK.... whichever we don't do I day 2. We do a split stay and leave Poly for OKW on this day.
Day 5: AK, and hopefully some afternoon pool time.
Day 6: EP
Day 7: MK for MNSSHP (so we'll have the morning and early afternoon to chill).

Typing this out, Maybe we should hit HS first.

I checked the Touring Plans crowd calendar and hours are still largely estimated at this point.

If you're still reading, thanks. I'm looking for holes in any logic to this schedule.
They look great. Me personally, I always do MK on my first full day. It just doesn't "Feel" like I'm there unless I walk down Main Street USA:flower1:

Honestly, because of reservation windows I'd put my HS day as late in my trip as possible. You're more likely to to find the things you want when less people have access to that day's reservations.

I'd consider the Halloween party day a rest day. I wouldn't pay for morning tickets and the party.

Honestly, because of reservation windows I'd put my HS day as late in my trip as possible. You're more likely to to find the things you want when less people have access to that day's reservations.
What do you mean by this?

I would do MK on your day 2 to take advantage of your Poly stay . It’s wonderful to go back to your resort midday . Day 3 I would do rope drop Epcot then back to your resort for pool/ nap then back to Epcot for Extra Evening Hours . If you are leaving Poly Day 4 would do HS since you want to do it all day at that park . You can leave to check in and relax and return to close it out . Day 6 you can do a late start before Epcot because you will probably need it then . Day 7 you can sleep in then swim or do Disney Springs before the party . Sounds like an amazing trip !! Have fun !!

This is exactly why I had it first in the first place. Although if we do it on day 3 instead, even tho we check out of Poly that day, we can still monorail over. I was thinking we'd throw things in the car that we absolutely have to have handy, hop on the monorail, and at the end of the day, when our room is ready, we can monorail back to my car and drive to OKW, where, hopefully our luggage will have completed its travels with bell services.

It'd be our first Poly stay, so I don't really know what it's like to go back to the room midday. :) We generally play all day or chill at a restaurant...

What do you mean by this?
Because you can book ADR for 10 days of a vacation on the first day they're available to you, putting harder to get reservations/park days toward the end of your trip means that less people have access to those days/reservations.

So say you wanted Oga's Cantina. If you schedule HS on the first day of your trip all the people with longer trips than yours have already had a shot at those ADRs. If you plan HS toward the end of your trip then you're only vying with folks whose ADR windows have opened in the last under 10 days.

Personally, I would book HS on day 2 & MK on day 4 based on EEH on day 3 & transferring on day 4.
You say you are RD people & the extra 30 minutes in HS really makes a difference. You'll be fresh & rested for this morning as it's your only time at HS. Then on day 4 if you are a little more tired, want to enjoy the breakfast at the Poly, need time to transfer your luggage you'll have it & won't be stressed about being at the bus stop by 7/7:30AM after being out until midnight the night before. After all, this is the one day you won't really have a room for a mid day break.

Not sure I follow the total story, but it sounds like you did several consecutive park days on a prior trip and were exhausted. I agree that the parks involve a LOT of walking, regardless of your age or how active you are. I would plan fewer park days and add in a few days of relaxing at the hotel/pool/etc. Not clear on when you are traveling (maybe I missed that), but there isn't any 3rd party with a good enough crystal ball to predict Disney crowds months in advance. I would assume it will be crowded whenever you go and make your own plans accordingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter