Overland Donner

burberryplaid

<font color=darkorange>Addicted to SOARIN's Orange
Kevin - I'm also a big Overland Donner fan! I used mine daily on our trip a few weeks ago and to me, it's the perfect bag to use in the parks. I am tall and "Pooh Sized" and found it to be comfortable to carry and the strap is long enough that I had no trouble slinging it across my body.

Here are some pictures of the outside and the interior (for Bawb) for anyone interested. The one I have has a "girlie" print inside, but as Kevin mentioned, they also have man-friendly ones as well

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

Funny, I was picturing it much bigger! I guess it's because the descriptions were kinda car like. 'you have a choice of black with black interior'
:happytv:

Crazy how the brain does that.

Cool bag, thanks for sharing the pics!

You are amazing!!! Just ordered the Donner for us and ordered the Placer, also on sale for my little sister for our upcoming trip!!!!:thumbsup2

Am I the only one that finds it odd that Overland would name a bag after the ill-fated Donner expedition? In a terrible scenario that would make Kevin rethink some of his comments about Ohana, some of the stranded settlers ended up, well, consuming their less-fortunate expedition members back in the 1840s. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donner_Party

It reminds me of the luggage brand once carried by Macy's: Amelia Earhart. Now why in God's name would you name luggage after someone who disappeared and was never found?

Am I the only one that finds it odd that Overland would name a bag after the ill-fated Donner expedition? In a terrible scenario that would make Kevin rethink some of his comments about Ohana, some of the stranded settlers ended up, well, consuming their less-fortunate expedition members back in the 1840s. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donner_Party

It reminds me of the luggage brand once carried by Macy's: Amelia Earhart. Now why in God's name would you name luggage after someone who disappeared and was never found?

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Woo hoo! Thanks for the tip. I also picked up a green one for our Honeymoon trip over Thanksgiving! :woohoo:

I checked these out too...DH said I could order 2 - I hope they get here in time!

No - I am not wearing 2 - I think I can finally retire his fanny pack!!!!!

These bags are made by Overland equipment ib Chico, California.

There is a beautiful lake in California names Donner Lake.

Let's assume thats the inspiration for the name and not the ill fated and cannibalistic Donner party.

There is joke in there somewhere about the Donner party making their choice over Ohana and then having to resort to that while they waited for Magical Express....but I'm going to leave it alone.

Kiss on the leeeps.

Kevin

Am I the only one that finds it odd that Overland would name a bag after the ill-fated Donner expedition?

No, you're not...I guess they are banking on people just having some vague notion of "Donner = westward, ho!" Knowing that many Americans probably can't even point out the Sierra Nevada range on a map, no doubt it's a pretty safe bet.

I think the Donner lake in CA is actually named after the Donner party. If you watched the special a few years ago on PBS, it's a really sad story. And not everyone in the group resorted to eating their dead fellow travelers....Mrs. Reed kept herself and her children alive by other means.

Edit: yup, I just looked it up. Donner Lake is close to the fateful campsite and so named.

I ordered the black bag from REI outlet a couple of weeks ago and my daughter and I liked it so well we ordered the green one last weekend. It came in the mail today. They are very well made. Even though they hold a lot of stuff, they lay fairly close to the body and do not feel bulky. We can't wait to use them on our vacations!

These bags are made by Overland equipment ib Chico, California.

There is a beautiful lake in California names Donner Lake.

Let's assume thats the inspiration for the name and not the ill fated and cannibalistic Donner party.

There is joke in there somewhere about the Donner party making their choice over Ohana and then having to resort to that while they waited for Magical Express....but I'm going to leave it alone.

Kiss on the leeeps.

Kevin
:lmao:

Am I the only one that finds it odd that Overland would name a bag after the ill-fated Donner expedition?

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Of course it makes sense! Like the original Donner Party, the bag gets lighter as the days and weeks go on!!

I often use the name Donner when making dinner reservations and add one person above what we need. Then when they have our table, they say "Donner party of five?" I reply "Well, there are only four of us now." Amusing myself.... :laughing:

Kiss on the leeeps.

Kevin
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I love these guys. Time for another Kevin Klose appreciation thread!!

Ohana means family, and family tastes like chicken!!!

:I often use the name Donner when making dinner reservations and add one person above what we need. Then when they have our table, they say "Donner party of five?" I reply "Well, there are only four of us now." Amusing myself.... :laughing:

What a sick little puppy you are!!! :teeth:

Perhaps the real reason they named it the Donner is because you could eat the bag in an emergency (you know, like running out of snack credits during Free DDP). :rolleyes1

Never mind me. My head's in the clouds. Ding Dangit where's the delete button?

Are there any retail locations (STORES) where this bag can be purchased, or isbuying it online the only option?

I'm leaving on a cruise in 4 days and I don't think I have time to get one shipped.... :( It would be perfect for our excursion.

TIA:cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter