Outside Photograpy

Coloradogrl

Mouseketeer
I was wondering what people outlooks are on outside photographer. I was looking at Damon Tucci I have seen him in stuff her in Colorado(I guess he does stuff here in CO) I was just wondering what people think about them, and if there worth it? I am thinking about doing a epcot wedding and dont even now if they can come in there?

Coloradogrl said:
I was wondering what people outlooks are on outside photographer. I was looking at Damon Tucci I have seen him in stuff her in Colorado(I guess he does stuff here in CO) I was just wondering what people think about them, and if there worth it? I am thinking about doing a epcot wedding and dont even now if they can come in there?

You can definitely have outside photographers come inside EPCOT for your wedding! If it's someone who's worked with Disney many times in the past there usually is no extra fee, but if it's someone Disney doesn't "know" then you have to pay for a guide so someone can take him around (Guide's are around $90.00).

I am using Randy Chapman (an outside photographer) becauve I've heard more then one bad review for Disney's photographers and nothing but good things about Randy's photography!! And I'm getting a much better package (more hours, more pictures) from him for a lot cheaper then Disney's packages!!

We used Damon Tucci for our wedding last October and were very happy with him,,:) We actually had our wedding album before we left Disney,,and we also got all of our negatives on a high res. CD.

Disney didn't have a problem with our using Damon rather than Disney Photo, we were able to put the money that would have gone for Disney Photo toward a Honeymoon Photoshoot which was a lot of fun,,:) We wern't charged extra for having an outside photgrapher,,but we were married at the Yacht Club so Im not sure how it works inside one of the parks.

Having just returned from our FTW, I can not praise Randy Chapman enough.
He personally delivered our completed album to the AKL where we were staying and they are absolutely fantastic.
He has an eye for the smaller details that help capture the complete event and a must for any Disney couple. He is also extremely laid back and this helps keep the couple relaxed. I couldn't have used anyone better.
Mention my name if you book him, as I told him I would have no hesitation in recommending him.

Regards,
Russ Cook

How do I get in touch with Randy Chapman??? Everyone has such high praise for him that I would be interested in using him for our vow renewal next June. Does he have a website with pricing information available?

Mommy Poppins said:
How do I get in touch with Randy Chapman??? Everyone has such high praise for him that I would be interested in using him for our vow renewal next June. Does he have a website with pricing information available?

I gaurentee you will like what he does, tell him Russ sent you !!!

Miz-chan said:
We used Damon Tucci for our wedding last October and were very happy with him,,:) We actually had our wedding album before we left Disney,,and we also got all of our negatives on a high res. CD.

Disney didn't have a problem with our using Damon rather than Disney Photo, we were able to put the money that would have gone for Disney Photo toward a Honeymoon Photoshoot which was a lot of fun,,:) We wern't charged extra for having an outside photgrapher,,but we were married at the Yacht Club so Im not sure how it works inside one of the parks.

You dont happen to have any pics online of damon's work that you wouldnt mind sharing? I love his stlye of work!

Coloradogrl said:
You dont happen to have any pics online of damon's work that you wouldnt mind sharing? I love his stlye of work!

We have some pictures online,,these aren't all of them,,and the first 4 as well as the pictures at the Luau were taken by friends,,not Damon. We had a very small wedding and it turned out to be very traditional even though we were in Disney,,we opted not to do the charaters or the coach ect. That way we were able to stay longer,,*smiles*. Anyway,,here are a few pics from the wedding. :flower:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=99kydmjt.85vox1d5&x=0&y=p3hf6c

PS. If you wonder why I still have my tiara on at the luau..it's because I just couldn't get it off,,*grins*. I thought about wearing my wedding dress but it was getting very hot,,:( So I decided to change,,but I didn't have time to take it off as there were 500 pins,,so I wore it anyway!

The Gazbo is very pretty and that means ALOT coming from me because I dont like them. Your pictures are really cute and I think you worked the tiara!!! I would of wore even if I could get it off!
I was wondering is there mics in the gazbo, can your guest hear you?

I don't think the gazebo is miced,,but my guests said they could hear everything,,I was a little worried about that myself,,but as far as I know everyone could hear the ceremony. I think you can have a sound system set up,,I don't know for sure or what the cost would be but I think I saw that it has been done.

It was actually fun wearing the tiara,,although I did get some strange looks from people who didn't realize that it was my wedding night,,*smiles*. But hey if there is anyplace in the world you can get away with wearing a tiara all night it's Disney! *laughs*

My coordinator quoted me for the sound system at around $584.00 (including technician and tax), though that was for an Epcot wedding it's probably the same everywhere. She highly recommended it to me for my group size, she says only the first 2 or 3 rows will really be able to hear me. But I am having a hard time wanting to pay 600 bucks so people can hear me. Haven't decided yet.

Sorry to go off topic :)

Well thats not to bad for a sound system but we are only having about 15pl so I dont think we will need it

Damon was our photographer, he was working for Disney at that time. His pictures were outstanding, we were very lucky. If we do a renewal or a family photo thing in the area we will for sure call him.

I am also using Randy Chapman. My date is June 14, 2006 In Italy and Ariel's. I am very excited to work with Randy he just sounds great. For anyone already married how fast did you recieve your albumn and cd? I thought all outside services have to pay a fee? Did anyone using Randy have to pay?

We had a custom wedding and it about 5 weeks for us to ge our proofs from Randy. Our cd came after we ordered our album from him.

We got charged $120 by Disney to have Randy on property. Your contract will state that you will be charged $90 for the first three hours, and $30 per hour after that. Many brides haven't gotten charged at all, and others have only been charged the minimin $90. Disney has been very inconsistant about it.

Also, I think the charges are only in the custom conract, I don't think intimate weddings are charged if they use an outside photographer.

Miz-chan said:
We have some pictures online,,these aren't all of them,,and the first 4 as well as the pictures at the Luau were taken by friends,,not Damon. We had a very small wedding and it turned out to be very traditional even though we were in Disney,,we opted not to do the charaters or the coach ect. That way we were able to stay longer,,*smiles*. Anyway,,here are a few pics from the wedding. :flower:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=99kydmjt.85vox1d5&x=0&y=p3hf6c

PS. If you wonder why I still have my tiara on at the luau..it's because I just couldn't get it off,,*grins*. I thought about wearing my wedding dress but it was getting very hot,,:( So I decided to change,,but I didn't have time to take it off as there were 500 pins,,so I wore it anyway!

I just loved your pictures!! :goodvibes The dress you wore to the luau was sooo perfect and the tiara added to the whole effect :wizard: :love:

crista said:
I am also using Randy Chapman. My date is June 14, 2006 In Italy and Ariel's. I am very excited to work with Randy he just sounds great. For anyone already married how fast did you recieve your albumn and cd? I thought all outside services have to pay a fee? Did anyone using Randy have to pay?

Nope, no additional fee. Randy delivered the photos a day before we left, on Sunday, 6 days after the wedding. All the prints (about 100 at a guess) were in a very pretty wedding album.

Here is the e-mail I sent him.........

Hi Randy,
I just wanted to drop you a quick note to thank you for your help on our wedding day.
We received the photo's at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and we are truly delighted with what you managed to acheive.
The album of pictures is absolutely priceless and has captured far more of the day than we anticipated. We especially like the detail shots (bouquet, jewellery etc) and also the more candid pictures that we had no idea you had even taken.
It was wonderful to be able to browse through the photos and recollect all the bits of the day that were a bit of a blur and the album makes a fantastic storybook of the entire event.

Please feel free to use any of the photos for promotional purposes and I am more than happy to be a point of reference/recommendation for you.

I will definitely recommend your services where-ever I can as we feel they could not have been any better.

It was a pleasure working with you as you have a far more relaxed approach to wedding photography than we are used to here in England. English photographers tend to be pushy in trying to acheive their results, whereas you made us feel relaxed with your more informal approach. The results speak for themselves.

I hope that the bookings keep coming as you certainly have all the creativity and eye for detail that makes a great wedding album.

Thanks again for all that you did for us and best regards to you for the future.

Russ & Leeann COOK !

WithDisneySpirit said:
I just loved your pictures!! :goodvibes The dress you wore to the luau was sooo perfect and the tiara added to the whole effect :wizard: :love:

Thank you so much,,*smiles*. It took forever to find something for the luau that was still dressy so that it felt like my wedding night,,but not too dressy that I was uncomfortable. I lucked out when I found that dress it was actually on clearence and there were only 2 left,,and one fit!

I would have liked to stay in my wedding dress longer,,but I did get to wear it again at my at home reception,,so it worked out great! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter