Outside my booking window, but not

4luv2cdisney

DIS Veteran
Getting kind of annoyed.

Every time I try to book a room at the 11 month mark I get a message saying I'm outside my booking window. They stranger thing is it says something like "please pick a date after May 2021"

Um, my UY is October and I'm booking for DECEMBER 2021!!! The only thing I can possible figure out is I have some OTU points in my account. They are apparently VGC points because it shows it as one of my "contracts". But those aren't even in the same UY as I'm trying to book. And really why would that mess things up anyway?

It seems to resolve after about 2-3 refreshes. Problem is, my BWV standard room is always gone by then.

I'm not horribly upset as we were probably going to switch to January dates anyway. This December week (leading into Christmas) was our 2nd choice dates, so I was going to grab it for now and modify next month. That way, if I couldn't get January, we have December and see what pops at 7 months. We are learning to not get too attached to our vacation plans I guess.

So, does anyone know what might be causing this so I can fix it before I need to book January? Also, I realize Christmas week is probably much harder to get with people wanting those dates and walkers for Christmas to New Years. So, how bad will booking likely be 3 minutes after booking window opens for a trip starting Jan 2nd? Maybe it's a non-issue....?

Last edited:
The issue is the message and it’s confusing. When you click book, it double checks the room is there...because you are trying for a hard to get room, in that nanosecond, it’s gone so now the system sees your trip starting 11 months from tomorrow. That is out of 11 months.

I have no idea why it gives the random dates. But what is happening is your computer isn’t fast enough to actually book.

So sorry!

Getting kind of annoyed.

Every time I try to book a room at the 11 month mark I get a message saying I'm outside my booking window. They stranger thing is it says something like "please pick a date after May 2021"

Um, my UY is October and I'm booking for DECEMBER 2021!!! The only thing I can possible figure out is I have some OTU points in my account. They are apparently VGC points because it shows it as one of my "contracts". But those aren't even in the same UY as I'm trying to book. And really why would that mess things up anyway?

It seems to resolve after about 2-3 refreshes. Problem is, my BWV standard room is always gone by then.

I'm not horribly upset as we were probably going to switch to January dates anyway. This December week (leading into Christmas) was our 2nd choice dates, so I was going to grab it for now and modify next month. That way, if I couldn't get January, we have December and see what pops at 7 months. We are learning to not get too attached to our vacation plans I guess.

So, does anyone know what might be causing this so I can fix it before I need to book January? Also, I realize Christmas week is probably much harder to get with people wanting those dates and walkers for Christmas to New Years. So, how bad will booking likely be 3 minutes after booking window opens for a trip starting Jan 2nd? Maybe it's a non-issue....?

was your trip longer than 7 days?

No it wasn't. The random dates are what made me think it was a glitch. Also, one morning it happened twice. Which means the room wasn't gone when I got the message, because it was available on try #2.

At least I was able to get a room as walkers walked by anyway.

Sandisw is correct. I know it is frustrating to get that message. I wish they had a message that stated that the rooms were all booked. At least then you would know that you weren't too early when trying to book.

I am confused about one thing though. You mentioned you have an October UY. You do realize that your UY has nothing to do with when you book, right?

Sandisw is correct. I know it is frustrating to get that message. I wish they had a message that stated that the rooms were all booked. At least then you would know that you weren't too early when trying to book.

I am confused about one thing though. You mentioned you have an October UY. You do realize that your UY has nothing to do with when you book, right?

Yes. I was up attempting to book at the right time, so I must understand (when calm and thinking clearly)! Ha ha!

I don't know why I brought up UY in my post. I think I started thinking the message I was getting had something to do with needing to bank points, but that doesn't make sense. I was honestly just so confused as to why it was telling me to pick a date after May 2021. I couldn't figure out the significance of that date and was focusing solely on that. My banking deadline is May so that's why I started thinking deadlines and UY. I also was thinking somehow it was recognizing VGC as my home resort and since I was booking BWV I wasn't in the 7 mo window (May would also be 7 month window for December), but again, that still makes no sense in terms of the message and doesn't relate to UY, but all my thoughts were getting scrambled.

I had little sleep and don't think clearly before coffee I guess!

Plus, trip planning has been so insane this year. I swear I've booked and cancelled and waitlisted so much that I've made 100 different changes. I've banked points I shouldn't have, borrowed points I didn't mean to and had to get creative to cancel / make new res but still get the borrowed points returned, etc.

I'm just so done!!!! I want a vacation that I can actually take!

Yes. I was up attempting to book at the right time, so I must understand (when calm and thinking clearly)! Ha ha!

I don't know why I brought up UY in my post. I think I started thinking the message I was getting had something to do with needing to bank points, but that doesn't make sense. I was honestly just so confused as to why it was telling me to pick a date after May 2021. I couldn't figure out the significance of that date and was focusing solely on that. My banking deadline is May so that's why I started thinking deadlines and UY. I also was thinking somehow it was recognizing VGC as my home resort and since I was booking BWV I wasn't in the 7 mo window (May would also be 7 month window for December), but again, that still makes no sense in terms of the message and doesn't relate to UY, but all my thoughts were getting scrambled.

I had little sleep and don't think clearly before coffee I guess!

Plus, trip planning has been so insane this year. I swear I've booked and cancelled and waitlisted so much that I've made 100 different changes. I've banked points I shouldn't have, borrowed points I didn't mean to and had to get creative to cancel / make new res but still get the borrowed points returned, etc.

I'm just so done!!!! I want a vacation that I can actually take!
You're right. The May message doesn't make sense. I don't have a clue about that one. I hear you on wanting a vacation that is easy to plan! We have a WDW trip booked for November, and we are tempted to switch it to HHI just because those trips are so stress-free--in the planning and the going!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter