Outdoor grills at BCV?

Canadian Tom

DIS Veteran
Hello: Are there any outdoor grills at BCV? Has anyone every taken one and if so, where did you do your grilling? Thanks.

When I was there last summer there were grills near the quiet pool. I'm not positive but I think there were 2 or 3 of them.

There are grills there. If you walk the walk way along the canal to the parking lot/bus stop you will see them. Don't even think of using a grill on the balcony.

We used them. They are to the left of the quiet pool if you are coming out of the resort on the back side.

There are 11 (5 kids) of us going in a 2br and studio. For the couple meals we plan to eat in, we are either having dinner delivered and eating by the pool, or grilling hotdogs and hamburgers and eating in the picnic area...5 kids in the villa would be nuts. I'll post how it works out - we are going in a couple weeks. Sandie

What are the rules for using these grills?

I assume you need to bring your own charcoal. Do you need to ask anyone?

What about the smoke? I assume it might annoy anyone sitting out on their balcony.

Andrew

..... but it has made me hungry. If you start grillin' you'd better have a few spare burgers handy.

We used the grill on our last stay at BCV. Use one of those charcoal bags that you just light the whole thing (matchlight). Also, don't get the smallest size bag as the grill is good sized and my fire was not quite hot enough to cook everything through. I had to finish the burgers off in the microwave...they still tasted good!!

Be sure you pack everything you will need for cooking. It can be a long walk back to your room for a spatula. Also, the ashes (from the previous user) may need to be emptied, a big metal spoon, paper towels and plastic waste bag were helpful for this. The grills get rained on, so the ashes, etc. may be sloppy and water-logged.

We usually cook two meals on one night and have the leftovers the second night. That way we use the grill only one night and buy only one bag of charcoal.

Items to take to the grill:
a metal spatula, and big metal spoon (we bring one from home)
Paper towels/plastic bag
Charcoal/matches
Food to be grilled
Clean plate
Foil
Favorite beverage

Have fun!

A secret to a juicy well done hamburger. Cook it in a microwave and finish it off on the grill. Check the microwave instructions to find out how long you have to microwave.

BBQ ribs. Broil in oven and finish on grill.

I'm pretty certain there are grills over at the Turtle Pond pool. There may be others at OKW that I'm not aware of. I don't recall any at the main pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter