Outdated

there was a thread about that last year, or was it earlier this year.....not sure. loews wouldn't honor a competitor pricing for the onsite hotel room, even when the website stated they could match prices. i'm guessing that something in the fine print or newer policy was the issue. the poster that brought the subject up in the thread about matching prices, said loews wouldn't budge on the price. haven't heard any poster talk about the price matching since then. i think the YouFirst program has been around a couple of years now. they changed from the original program of having July 1st as the start date of membership levels to the full calendar year of Jan 1st when they changed from Loews First.

Yep the program changed in 2008. Now when you reach a new status you have one year from that date to maintain that status. If you don't complete the stays in that year to keep that status then you are downgraded to the next level.

well..........a couple of years, 6 years......but it happened........
my life is like a blur...lol

It goes by stays not days, it changed back in 2008-2009.

FA88DF97-A0F6-4D2C-980B-4F1B01D35554.png

"Now, stay more than five consecutive days and your stay will count as two." (I just copied this now from the Loews Hotel website.)

I try to stay at least 6 nights to cover myself for 2 stays and remain gold. :woohoo:

"Now, stay more than five consecutive days and your stay will count as two." (I just copied this now from the Loews Hotel website.) I try to stay at least 6 nights to cover myself for 2 stays and remain gold. :woohoo:

To remain gold you need at least 5 stays in your rolling year.

I went into my account, and we have no status. It shows that our last counted stay was in 2010 (which wasn't the case the last time I logged in). We were Blue, and there's just no rhyme or reason as to what stays have counted.

The AP rate stays should count, but they say "no". I don't know why whatever rate that comes up as the rate you book (usually the stay more save more) shouldn't count, since you can't really opt out of it, but it seems it doesn't. Annoying.

If nothing's going to count, what's the point of booking directly through them?

But I've had weird issues with the account since we started it. Sometimes I think we should abandon that one and start new. Maybe that one would make sense.

I went into my account, and we have no status. It shows that our last counted stay was in 2010 (which wasn't the case the last time I logged in). We were Blue, and there's just no rhyme or reason as to what stays have counted. The AP rate stays should count, but they say "no". I don't know why whatever rate that comes up as the rate you book (usually the stay more save more) shouldn't count, since you can't really opt out of it, but it seems it doesn't. Annoying. If nothing's going to count, what's the point of booking directly through them? But I've had weird issues with the account since we started it. Sometimes I think we should abandon that one and start new. Maybe that one would make sense.

I've had the same issues when looking online. However, when I call they can see my status and it's correct. I didn't realize there were blackout dates for the benefits. That's kind of disappointing to me.

I went into my account, and we have no status. It shows that our last counted stay was in 2010 (which wasn't the case the last time I logged in). We were Blue, and there's just no rhyme or reason as to what stays have counted.

The AP rate stays should count, but they say "no". I don't know why whatever rate that comes up as the rate you book (usually the stay more save more) shouldn't count, since you can't really opt out of it, but it seems it doesn't. Annoying.

But I've had weird issues with the account since we started it. Sometimes I think we should abandon that one and start new. Maybe that one would make sense.
They just changed the webpage design for the YouFirst page and there were some glitches in the transfer of data.

When I logged in last week, I panicked for a second because our level was not showing. We basically have a nonexistent level and it is a pain to have it restored when they make upgrades. We have a trip coming up in January, so I was dreading having to go through hoops again to get it back.

I called YouFirst and they said when they upgraded the website, one of the things that did not move over was everybody's status and # of stays. They can look it up for you and tell you what your level is. They were working on the fix, so if it is not fixed yet, it will be soon according to the lady I talked to.

Per their website - "Qualifying Rates include: Consortia, Volume Corporate, AAA, AARP, Government, Package, Group Association, Group Corporate, Group Government, Advance Purchase, Florida Residents and Universal Pass holders."

I haven't had a problem with my stays counting using the AP rate. We usually stay at least twice a year at Portofino Bay and I always use that rate. To date, Loews has always counted those stays as qualifying stays for me. I would argue the issue with them if they don't allow you to use it. I do know for a fact that the Stay More Save More rate doesn't count and I do agree with you that should not be the case.

Good luck!

The loews mobile site is still up and correct for me. So on a smart phone just search the mobile site. I still can't get into the new site. It just keeps spinning saying loading your info.

I stay at a Loews hotel at least 3 times per year for 6 days each time. That way I get in 6 stays and remain gold. :thumbsup2

Now that makes sense, the way you said was.

"I try to stay at least 6 nights to cover myself for 2 stays and remain gold. "

Lol, makes it sound like one stay for six nights keeps you at gold.

Now that makes sense, the way you said was.

"I try to stay at least 6 nights to cover myself for 2 stays and remain gold. "

Lol, makes it sound like one stay for six nights keeps you at gold.

Don't we all wish that were the case! Sorry for the confusion. :goodvibes

Does Loews still match other hotel reward programs' statuses? I know it used to be if you were hilton diamond, they would make you Loews Gold or Platinum.

Thought I would pass this on. I was on statusmatcher.com, a site that reports successful status matching on elite programs.

Naturally, I had to look at Loews.

A woman successfully matched her IHG Platinum status to YouFirst Platinum on September 14th. So they are still matching other hotel status.

These were her instructions:

E-mail Kristen Burke Special Services at Loews Hotels, at "kburke@loewshotels.com" with a scanned copy of your membership card and a screenshot of your account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter