Out the door early tips!

I plan to have my oldest sleep in his clothes since he'll be wearing mesh/ soccer shorts and tshirts everyday. He is the hardest to get moving in the morning. My youngest I still help at 3, and he sleeps in a pull up, so he will sleep in his shirt for the next day and get shorts after potty. If we are planning on RD (4 or 5 days of 8), we will have a packed-the-night-before breakfast (bagel, ham/cheese, HB eggs, granola, fruit, milk box, etc) that they can eat sitting in the (double!) stroller and have for a snack whenever. I will do one sunscreen application at the hotel to make sure I don't miss any spots, though. I also plan to shower myself at night and braid my hair wet to get my own self out the door early (I am NOT a morning person)!
I am so glad I am not the only 1 that lets their kids sleep in their clothes for early mornings!

I pack our park bag the night before. Set out portable breakfast items the night before, with only the perishables in the fridge.
Everyone's clothes, including underclothing, socks, shoes, and magic bands are set out the night before.
Dh and I get up first. We use the RR, brush teeth, shave/put on make-up. My hair goes up in a ponytail. Dh doesn't have any hair, so a cap works for him.
We then wake kids, and that looks a lot like the pit crew stop at NASCAR races. Restroom, teeth brushed, clothes changed, one more restroom break for everyone, portable breakfast and park bag grabbed, and we're out the door before they realized we just woke them up.
We eat and apply sunscreen while waiting on buses or while waiting in line for rope drop.

Get yourself ready first. Wake up DH and kids, have DH get ready while you feed the kids in the room. Then sunblock, dress and do bathroom stuff with the kids while DH eats breakfast. Pack your park bag the night before. Have kids clothes laid out the night before with magic bands, sunglasses, hats, etc.

I like how DH gets to sleep later than you and then he only has to get himself ready and eat his breakfast...while you feed the kids, put on their sunblock, dress them and help them with bathroom stuff. I am not going to tell my husband that some dads have it this good! You sound like a better mom than me :rotfl:

I like how DH gets to sleep later than you and then he only has to get himself ready and eat his breakfast...while you feed the kids, put on their sunblock, dress them and help them with bathroom stuff. I am not going to tell my husband that some dads have it this good! You sound like a better mom than me :rotfl:

Sometimes it’s just better that way. :rolleyes1
But it’s not every day life. ;)

Get yourself ready first. Wake up DH and kids, have DH get ready while you feed the kids in the room. Then sunblock, dress and do bathroom stuff with the kids while DH eats breakfast. Pack your park bag the night before. Have kids clothes laid out the night before with magic bands, sunglasses, hats, etc.

I don't get this. Why does the DH get to sleep in while mom does all the work? Things would go faster if he pitched in.

I agree with lay everything out the night before. Have everyone shower at night. My DD loved getting up and having Mickey waffles so she and I would get up earlier and head over early. DH and DS could then sleep an extra 45 minutes and then join us at the bus stop. They preferred sleep and then a portable breakfast while they walked over. It worked for us since we just happened to have one excited early riser parent/child and then a parent/child who are not morning people.

Last edited:
Our family are night owls, so our goal is to get to the park around 10AM, I know it's rough but we suffer through:rotfl2:

I don't get this. Why does the DH get to sleep in while mom does all the work? Things would go faster if he pitched in.

I agree with lay everything out the night before. Have everyone shower at night. My DD loved getting up and having Mickey waffles so she and I would get up earlier and head over early. DH and DS could then sleep an extra 45 minutes and then join us at the bus stop. They preferred sleep and then a portable breakfast while they walked over. It worked for us since we just happened to have one excited early riser parent/child and then a parent/child who are not morning people.

Because I like to get up and shower first and get my stuff done and I was picturing how the time would go for MY family.

This is what worked for us when our kids were younger:

It takes me far longer to get ready than it does DH. DH & I shower together. He gets out first and gets dressed, and I finish showering/dry off and get dressed while he wakes the kids up and makes coffee and gets breakfast (either stuff we packed or run to the food court, just depended on the day). I helped the kids get dressed, dry my hair, start getting ready while the kids use the restroom and eat, and DH eats. When I am finished, I eat while they are brushing teeth, getting sunscreen on, etc. We've never taken much in a bag, but I usually got that stuff together if it wasn't already, and out the door we went.

We plan on getting to each park before rd. It’s me, DH, dd3 and dd6. What are your best morning time saving and organizational strategies to get a family out the door super early and super fast?!

I would do the same things I do/did when kiddos have school the next day. Shower, layout clothing, decide on breakfast the night before. The end, LOL.
Oh well but it's Disney, so I'd also get an idea on what time the first (and 2nd) bus went to the park of our desire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!