Our Trip to Japan

mikelan6

World Traveler, Usually Optimistic
My niece and I just returned from a one week trip to Japan and I wanted to share some photos with you.

I hope you enjoy them.

IMG_3328.jpg

At the Meiji Shrine, Tokyo

DSC09750.jpg

Tokyo's Imperial Palace

DSC09765.jpg

Tokyo's International Convention Center

DSC09854.jpg

Sensoji Temple, Tokyo

DSC000602.jpg

Japan's Shinkansen Bullet Trains

DSC096052.jpg

Nijo Castle, Kyoto

DSC096662.jpg

Kinkoguji Temple, Kyoto

DSC097992.jpg

Kiyomizu Temple, Kyoto

DSC097992.jpg

Kyoto's Train Station

IMG_0312.jpg

Feeding Deer in Nara Park

DSC09955.jpg

Todaiji Temple, Kyoto

DSC00205.jpg

Tokyo DisneySea's Aquasphere Plaza

DSC00214.jpg

Yours truly at Tokyo DisneySea

DSC00281.jpg

Mermaid Lagoon

DSC00366.jpg

American Waterfront

DSC00502.jpg

SS Columbia

DSC00563.jpg

World Bazaar, Tokyo Disneyland

DSC00640.jpg

Easter Wonderland Parade, Tokyo Disneyland

DSC00755.jpg

Easter Wonderland Display

DSC00819.jpg

Club 33 at Tokyo Disneyland

DSC00863.jpg

Yours truly with $crooge McDuck

DSC00941.jpg

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel

DSC00919.jpg

Inside the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel

IMG_4364.jpg

The "Up" Display

If you'd like to see all 201 images of the Japan portion, click here. If you'd like to see all 182 images of the Tokyo Disney Resort portion, click here. Enjoy!

:thumbsup2

Makes me want to go back....tomorrow!!! Sadly I have to wait until later this year or so

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing!!:thumbsup2

I would like to know if there are any good tours to take to koyoto from Tokyo or just go on my own? Any advice would be appreciated.

I would like to know if there are any good tours to take to koyoto from Tokyo or just go on my own? Any advice would be appreciated.

JTB's Sunshine Tours
offers tours, but they are pricey. We got there on our own and did a day tour of Kyoto with JTB. We stayed two nights there, but should have stayed longer.

Could you please recommend a good place to stay in kyoto? Thank you for all your help!!

There were lots of good places in Kyoto. If possible, try and get a hotel near the train station, which is very convenient for transportation, shopping and dining. If you can afford it, stay at the Granvia.

I am trying to decide between the Westin or Hyatt kyoto. I could not get a place near the train station. Please tell me which one would be best. Thank you for your advise!

1whooper said:
I am trying to decide between the Westin or Hyatt kyoto. I could not get a place near the train station. Please tell me which one would be best. Thank you for your advise!

I think both are pretty comparable. If you are a member in either of the hotel brand frequent stay programs, stay with them. I'd also recommend checking with tripadvisor.com to see which one suits you best.

After visiting Kiyomizu temple, did you do any shopping on the narrow street in front of it? I bought some of the best stuff when I was there. Japan is a wonderful country to visit.

The Westin is cheaper than the Hyatt. I am a member of both programs. It looks like the Westin would be more feasible. Is it worth adding breakfast to the room? How expensive is it to do on your own? Thanks for all your help.

After visiting Kiyomizu temple, did you do any shopping on the narrow street in front of it? I bought some of the best stuff when I was there. Japan is a wonderful country to visit.

We were on a JTB bus tour, and they barely gave us time to see the temple itself and then walk down the path past the spring. We asked to be dropped off at Kyoto station at the end of the tour and did some shopping in the mall near there.

1whooper said:
The Westin is cheaper than the Hyatt. I am a member of both programs. It looks like the Westin would be more feasible. Is it worth adding breakfast to the room? How expensive is it to do on your own? Thanks for all your help.

For breakfast, we would usually stop by a Starbucks or Excelsior cafe or buy stuff the night before at a 7/11 type store. I didn't see the value in paying $30 for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter