Our "long time coming", first time ever, very magical trip to WDW!Pictures 1/27!

It is very easy to sign up for Veteran of the day. You have to be there early. Right when the park opened I went to Guest Services and asked. No one else had signed up so I was in. You come back around 4:30 or so. They explain what you will be doing. Basically you stand there while they lower the flag. First they announce who you are and what service you were with. They hand the flag to you and you follow the band up Main Street. The whole time a photopass guy is taking pictures. You go off a side alley and they take more pictures. You get a certificate saying you were the Veteran of the Day. You also get a pin and a free photopass picture of your choosing. I went right over and got it. It didn't take very long.

It was a wonderful experience. I just wish I hadn't done it on a solo trip. :sad1:

:grouphug: Hugs for a very rough day at DHS! I will not be sad though, because I KNOW you said the best was at the end of the trip :yay:...so I am waiting for more story popcorn:: popcorn:: and hoping for some Dinsey magic pixiedust: on finding that backpack and camera. :goodvibes

It is very easy to sign up for Veteran of the day. You have to be there early. Right when the park opened I went to Guest Services and asked. No one else had signed up so I was in. You come back around 4:30 or so. They explain what you will be doing. Basically you stand there while they lower the flag. First they announce who you are and what service you were with. They hand the flag to you and you follow the band up Main Street. The whole time a photopass guy is taking pictures. You go off a side alley and they take more pictures. You get a certificate saying you were the Veteran of the Day. You also get a pin and a free photopass picture of your choosing. I went right over and got it. It didn't take very long.

It was a wonderful experience. I just wish I hadn't done it on a solo trip. :sad1:

Sounds like a great experience and one I would love to have John do. I'll have to look into it for him. Thanks for telling me about it.
:grouphug: Hugs for a very rough day at DHS! I will not be sad though, because I KNOW you said the best was at the end of the trip :yay:...so I am waiting for more story popcorn:: popcorn:: and hoping for some Dinsey magic pixiedust: on finding that backpack and camera. :goodvibes
Thanks for the hugs. It was kinda rough but we still had fun that day. I'm hoping to get to the next day tonight or tomorrow especially because it has one of my favorite stories of the trip.

So here are the pics Tess took that nightat Osbourne Lights while everyone else was trying to deal with the lost camera situation. I diden't know she had taken any until we got home
Tessacameravacation026.jpg

Tessacameravacation028.jpg

Tessacameravacation030-1.jpg

Hollywood Studios

DH :yoda::Favorite: Fantasmic! Least Favorite:Hollywood and Vine

Me :dumbo::Favorite: AI with the girls! Least Favorite: Watching Fantasmic in the cold and rain
Tessa :charac2: :Favorite: Fantasmic with AI as a close second! Least Favorite: Hollywood and Vine and Star Tours
Jenna :darth: :Favorite: AI and Star Tours Least Favorite: Hollywood and Vine
Jonnie :smickey: :Favorite: Probably Fantasmic: Missing most of Jedi Training!

So here are the pics Tess took that nightat Osbourne Lights while everyone else was trying to deal with the lost camera situation. I diden't know she had taken any until we got home
Tessacameravacation026.jpg

Tessacameravacation028.jpg

Tessacameravacation030-1.jpg

Hollywood Studios

DH :yoda::Favorite: Fantasmic! Least Favorite:Hollywood and Vine

Me :dumbo::Favorite: AI with the girls! Least Favorite: Watching Fantasmic in the cold and rain
Tessa :charac2: :Favorite: Fantasmic with AI as a close second! Least Favorite: Hollywood and Vine and Star Tours
Jenna :darth: :Favorite: AI and Star Tours Least Favorite: Hollywood and Vine
Jonnie :smickey: :Favorite: Probably Fantasmic: Missing most of Jedi Training!

The photos are GORGEOUS! :thumbsup2 It makes me definitely want to go to Disney at Christmas...ahhhh, maybe one day! I didn't win the lottery tonight so I will have to wait another week to see if we can just drop everything and go...even without Christmas lights!!

Isn't it funny how something you love can be someone else's least favorite memory/activity and vice versa...happens in our family as well. Keep the report coming, I am loving it and so excited to read more of the magic! :banana:

The photos are GORGEOUS! :thumbsup2 It makes me definitely want to go to Disney at Christmas...ahhhh, maybe one day! I didn't win the lottery tonight so I will have to wait another week to see if we can just drop everything and go...even without Christmas lights!!

Isn't it funny how something you love can be someone else's least favorite memory/activity and vice versa...happens in our family as well. Keep the report coming, I am loving it and so excited to read more of the magic! :banana:

I really loved going over the holidays. It was a Thanksgiving we will never forget and all the Christmas decorations made WDW even more magical. I'm afraid I might be the tiniest bit disapointed if I went at any other time. We've been talking about what we would do if we won the lottery for the last couple years, of course we just started buying a ticket this month:rotfl2:

We had several times this trip where one person loved something and someone else diden't, just the hazard of traveling with multiple people I guess. To be fair though, the reasons I disliked Fantasmic were the cold, Jonnies mood and the woman seated behind me. They had nothing to do with the show itself. I really think I would have liked it given better circumstances.

We had several times this trip where one person loved something and someone else diden't, just the hazard of traveling with multiple people I guess. To be fair though, the reasons I disliked Fantasmic were the cold, Jonnies mood and the woman seated behind me. They had nothing to do with the show itself. I really think I would have liked it given better circumstances.

That just goes to show what an awesome Mom you are! :yay: Even though YOU weren't having your best time, you didn't let it ruin the good time for everyone!

I had to laugh about the lottery quote...we also always say WHEN we win...and never play! Although, DH did buy one at the store last night when he got gas because he heard me say it was $118 million...yes, I could go to Disney and have LOTS of with that amount :lmao:

I need to write about Lisa's MAW co-ordinator and my conversation, but I have to finish some laundry first...wish me luck that I get this computer to work in a little while! :dance3:

That just goes to show what an awesome Mom you are! :yay: Even though YOU weren't having your best time, you didn't let it ruin the good time for everyone!

I had to laugh about the lottery quote...we also always say WHEN we win...and never play! Although, DH did buy one at the store last night when he got gas because he heard me say it was $118 million...yes, I could go to Disney and have LOTS of with that amount :lmao:

I need to write about Lisa's MAW co-ordinator and my conversation, but I have to finish some laundry first...wish me luck that I get this computer to work in a little while! :dance3:

Awwwww, thanks! We moms will endure almost anything to make our kiddos happy.
I heard a little story the other day that made me laugh. A man prays the same prayer every night. "Lord," he says "please, please let me win the lottery. If you do all my problems will be solved" This goes on for years, every night. Then one day a booming voice answers "My son, please,please buy a ticket!" :rotfl2:
Definatley wishing you luck on the computer situation I can't wait to read an update (okay so I have slightley selfish reasons :rotfl:)

Awwwww, thanks! We moms will endure almost anything to make our kiddos happy.
I heard a little story the other day that made me laugh. A man prays the same prayer every night. "Lord," he says "please, please let me win the lottery. If you do all my problems will be solved" This goes on for years, every night. Then one day a booming voice answers "My son, please,please buy a ticket!" :rotfl2:
Definatley wishing you luck on the computer situation I can't wait to read an update (okay so I have slightley selfish reasons :rotfl:)

I agree, Good Mom's are such a BLESSING! :flower3:

I loved the joke, that was good! :thumbsup2 I always say "When I win the lottery"...then I say, "of course I have to buy a ticket first, don't I"....:rotfl2:

I did manage to get the computer :surfweb: to cooperate some...it drives me wild when it will not work.

Praying your week gets off to an awesome start!

I agree, Good Mom's are such a BLESSING! :flower3:

I loved the joke, that was good! :thumbsup2 I always say "When I win the lottery"...then I say, "of course I have to buy a ticket first, don't I"....:rotfl2:

I did manage to get the computer :surfweb: to cooperate some...it drives me wild when it will not work.

Praying your week gets off to an awesome start!

You know reading your TR the type of mom you are toatlly shines through and just amazes me but I know what you mean about feeling blessed to have them as you children. I can't imagine life without my kids.

So glad the computer decided to cooperate at least for awhile. Hope it keeps working. On the computer front here I'm hoping to get around to an update today but all these snow days with Jonnie at home (he goes to public school right now) have messed with the girls (I'm homeschooling both girls now, not just Jenna) school schedule and they really need the computer to catch up some today. Speaking of homeschool I've been meaning to message you sometime about homeschooling, specifically your experiences homeschooling David. I homeschooled Jonnie for his first two years of school and would love to be a complete homeschool family but as Jonnies LD's have become more and more pronounced I am feeling a little overwhelmed and underprepared to take on the responsibility of teaching him full time.

You know reading your TR the type of mom you are toatlly shines through and just amazes me but I know what you mean about feeling blessed to have them as you children. I can't imagine life without my kids.

So glad the computer decided to cooperate at least for awhile. Hope it keeps working. On the computer front here I'm hoping to get around to an update today but all these snow days with Jonnie at home (he goes to public school right now) have messed with the girls (I'm homeschooling both girls now, not just Jenna) school schedule and they really need the computer to catch up some today. Speaking of homeschool I've been meaning to message you sometime about homeschooling, specifically your experiences homeschooling David. I homeschooled Jonnie for his first two years of school and would love to be a complete homeschool family but as Jonnies LD's have become more and more pronounced I am feeling a little overwhelmed and underprepared to take on the responsibility of teaching him full time.

That is very kind of you, Thank you! :blush:

I spent THREE hours working on the computer yesterday trying to get it fixed and it STILL isn't although if I shut everything off and reboot THEN I can work for a few minutes before it freezes up again...:scared1: I have to leave shortly; however, I am trying to get it to freeze up once more so the computer guy can see what it wrong...thank goodness it is a free call!

I SO understand about the LD's and teaching and the fear of not "doing" it right. The main reason I put Christian back in school in fifth grade was
because I didn't think I was qualifed to teach David...let me assure you, YOU will do a FAR better job than the school system, I PROMISE!
Pick my brain, I will help you all I can! :yay:

I can't wait to read more when you have time!!! :yay:

That is very kind of you, Thank you! :blush:

I spent THREE hours working on the computer yesterday trying to get it fixed and it STILL isn't although if I shut everything off and reboot THEN I can work for a few minutes before it freezes up again...:scared1: I have to leave shortly; however, I am trying to get it to freeze up once more so the computer guy can see what it wrong...thank goodness it is a free call!

I SO understand about the LD's and teaching and the fear of not "doing" it right. The main reason I put Christian back in school in fifth grade was
because I didn't think I was qualifed to teach David...let me assure you, YOU will do a FAR better job than the school system, I PROMISE!
Pick my brain, I will help you all I can! :yay:

I can't wait to read more when you have time!!! :yay:

Ugh, I can imagine how frustrating that would be. I hope the computer tech can figure it out and fix it for you.
There are definatley alot of fears involved with teaching Jonnie. This year he is doing well at the public school but I don't see that as the best place for him in the long run and if we ever even start to have another year like last year we are through. Don't worry I will definatley pick your brain as soon as I can. I diden't get an update up today because Jonnie missed the bus this morning and on the way out to the car to drive him my ankle collapsed underneath me and I fell down the stairs head first. My ankle, back and shoulder are all pretty messed up. I'm actually kinda grateful the stairs were covered in snow otherwise my face and head would have been pretty scraped up. Since you posted another picture of Bandit I thought I would post a few of Princess our long haired Chihuahua
She loves to be dressed up and pose for pictures. She actually ran up to back of the couch so she was even with the camera lense when I took this shot.
Princess.jpg

Princess2.jpg

Ugh, I can imagine how frustrating that would be. I hope the computer tech can figure it out and fix it for you.
There are definatley alot of fears involved with teaching Jonnie. This year he is doing well at the public school but I don't see that as the best place for him in the long run and if we ever even start to have another year like last year we are through. Don't worry I will definatley pick your brain as soon as I can. I diden't get an update up today because Jonnie missed the bus this morning and on the way out to the car to drive him my ankle collapsed underneath me and I fell down the stairs head first. My ankle, back and shoulder are all pretty messed up. I'm actually kinda grateful the stairs were covered in snow otherwise my face and head would have been pretty scraped up. Since you posted another picture of Bandit I thought I would post a few of Princess our long haired Chihuahua
She loves to be dressed up and pose for pictures. She actually ran up to back of the couch so she was even with the camera lense when I took this shot.
Princess.jpg

Princess2.jpg

I am so happy you posted pictures of princess: Priscilla...she is SO adorable and I love that she likes to dress up and pose. Bandit is the same way!

I am incredibly sorry you injured yourself, that is HORRIBLE!:grouphug: Please take it easy and stay off of it as much as possible! :hug::hug:Which reminds me...have you called the Cardioligist....she asks innocently...:rolleyes1

Keep Jonnie where he is if it is working...you will know when the time is right to move him. That is exactly what I did with David!

I was thinking about you and hoping you were able to get some rest last night. You might be more sore today than you were yesterday. Try to take it easy if you can ;)(I know, impossible task for us Mom's). Please try to be good to yourself! :goodvibesPrayers being lifted for you! :hug::hug::hug:

After an extremely tiring night at DHS I was grateful for a slower morning today. Our ADR for the Day was at 4pm and we wanted to see the parade so we decided rather than leave the park and try to come back we would head to MK around noon. The kids came to wake me when they woke up and we decided to let DH sleep for awhile. We got ready as quietly as possible . A few of our things were still wet from the day before so I thought a load of laundry would be a good idea. We got our laundry in a machine and then headed to the food court for pastries and juice or milk for the kids. I don’t remember what it was they ate but I do know they ate at a table right outside the laundry area by the baby pool while I worked on the laundry. Once they were done eating they amused themselves by wading in the baby pool. Once the laundry was done we went back to the food court for a bagel for John and something for me and then went back to the room. John was awake and ready for the day so we ate and I made a very important phone call. You probably remember that we had lost Jonnies camera the night before and I had the number for Lost and Found to call that day. The person I reached asked what the backpack looked like and if there was any identifying info on it. I told him there were several cards of our “I’m Autistic” cards on the inside and outside that had Jonnies name on them and all of our names and cell phones numbers. He immediately expressed his concern and desire to find the backpack and told me that his granddaughter was also Autistic and he knew she would be frantic without something of hers. He asked me to please be patient and assured me he would check thoroughly for the backpack and it’s contents. He wasn’t off the phone long and was very excited when he came back. He explained how to find them at the kennel at the TTC and told me the backpack and all it’s contents would be waiting for us.:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana: After that we were raring to go and it didn’t take long to get out of the room and on our way to get Jonnie’s backpack. Next up “High Ho, High Ho it’s off to MK we go.”

I am so happy you posted pictures of princess: Priscilla...she is SO adorable and I love that she likes to dress up and pose. Bandit is the same way!

I am incredibly sorry you injured yourself, that is HORRIBLE!:grouphug: Please take it easy and stay off of it as much as possible! :hug::hug:Which reminds me...have you called the Cardioligist....she asks innocently...:rolleyes1

Keep Jonnie where he is if it is working...you will know when the time is right to move him. That is exactly what I did with David!

I was thinking about you and hoping you were able to get some rest last night. You might be more sore today than you were yesterday. Try to take it easy if you can ;)(I know, impossible task for us Mom's). Please try to be good to yourself! :goodvibesPrayers being lifted for you! :hug::hug::hug:

It was funnposting those pics of Princess I haven't looked at them for awhile and I had pretty much forgotten about them until I went searching for some pics of her to post. Thanks for the hug. I hate being injured. It is frustrating when my entire family need me and I am hurt. I haven't been doing quite as well staying off it as I should but I'm trying and no I haven't made a call to the Cardioligist yet I'm still waiting to have a few things finalized with insurance but thank you for reminding me. I will take advantage of my injured state tomorrow and call the cardiology dept at the children's hospital tomorrow like was suggested and ask if they know of a doctor who specializes in Adult CHD's. Thank you so much for the prayers. I really appreciate them. We are praying for your family as well.

How is your daughter doing ?? I can so relate to her since I get frequent migraines and I have the low blood sugar thingy, too. I used to get about 2-3 migraines a week, but as I get older they have thankfully been tapering off. I take Topomax every day as a preventative and Relpax when I get a headache. I hope you find a solution for her soon. You certainly have your hands full. I am enjoying your trip report. Can't wait for the next "episode".

After an extremely tiring night at DHS I was grateful for a slower morning today. Our ADR for the Day was at 4pm and we wanted to see the parade so we decided rather than leave the park and try to come back we would head to MK around noon. The kids came to wake me when they woke up and we decided to let DH sleep for awhile. We got ready as quietly as possible . A few of our things were still wet from the day before so I thought a load of laundry would be a good idea. We got our laundry in a machine and then headed to the food court for pastries and juice or milk for the kids. I don’t remember what it was they ate but I do know they ate at a table right outside the laundry area by the baby pool while I worked on the laundry. Once they were done eating they amused themselves by wading in the baby pool. Once the laundry was done we went back to the food court for a bagel for John and something for me and then went back to the room. John was awake and ready for the day so we ate and I made a very important phone call. You probably remember that we had lost Jonnies camera the night before and I had the number for Lost and Found to call that day. The person I reached asked what the backpack looked like and if there was any identifying info on it. I told him there were several cards of our “I’m Autistic” cards on the inside and outside that had Jonnies name on them and all of our names and cell phones numbers. He immediately expressed his concern and desire to find the backpack and told me that his granddaughter was also Autistic and he knew she would be frantic without something of hers. He asked me to please be patient and assured me he would check thoroughly for the backpack and it’s contents. He wasn’t off the phone long and was very excited when he came back. He explained how to find them at the kennel at the TTC and told me the backpack and all it’s contents would be waiting for us.:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana: After that we were raring to go and it didn’t take long to get out of the room and on our way to get Jonnie’s backpack. Next up “High Ho, High Ho it’s off to MK we go.”

You found the camera!!!!!:yay::woohoo::banana::dance3::woohoo: :banana::yay: That is amazing news, I know it helped the rest of your trip for Jonnie...which helped you all! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to the MK day!! :cheer2:popcorn::popcorn:::cheer2:

It was funnposting those pics of Princess I haven't looked at them for awhile and I had pretty much forgotten about them until I went searching for some pics of her to post. Thanks for the hug. I hate being injured. It is frustrating when my entire family need me and I am hurt. I haven't been doing quite as well staying off it as I should but I'm trying and no I haven't made a call to the Cardioligist yet I'm still waiting to have a few things finalized with insurance but thank you for reminding me. I will take advantage of my injured state tomorrow and call the cardiology dept at the children's hospital tomorrow like was suggested and ask if they know of a doctor who specializes in Adult CHD's. Thank you so much for the prayers. I really appreciate them. We are praying for your family as well.

Rachel and Lisa LOVED:love: the pictures of Princess. It is fun to look at old pictures and remember the feelings they bring back. I hope you are feeling much better today and that
you might be able to get a little rest this weekend. Insurance is such a necessary evil; but, it leaves us far short of what we need to provide adequate care for our loved ones,
ourselves included. :hug::grouphug::hug: for EVERYTHING to work out and I hope the hospital will be able to recommend an EXCELLENT MD!! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to the next update! popcorn::popcorn:::yay:popcorn::popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter