Our Gawrsh Darn Spooktacular Halloween TR ***Last Updates from Tracy 6/17***

[FONT=&quot] We found our way down to the Magical Express and I couldn’t believe the area was empty.

DSCF1584.jpg

We hopped on a bus at 5:35pm. The bus was almost empty and we waited for a few more people before we left. The bus left the airport at 5:55 and we pulled into Pop at 6:30pm.

I tried to get the WDW arch pic but it was raining and I was a few rows back so there was no hope. One day I will sit up front and get it.

Of course it was empty, everyone else had already gotten there that day.

Don't you hate it when you leave stuff behind. My big thing is sunglasses since we usually get to the airport before the sun wakes up I don't have them on, and usually don't think of them until I am squinting.

Of course it was empty, everyone else had already gotten there that day.

Don't you hate it when you leave stuff behind. My big thing is sunglasses since we usually get to the airport before the sun wakes up I don't have them on, and usually don't think of them until I am squinting.

People get there at night :rolleyes1

I hate when I forget something :headache:

Just got up to date with everything... can't wait to read more!

:welcome:

Joining in popcorn::

I love arrival days, so much anticipation and excitement and then boom you are at Disney :teeth: I hope Demetri wasn't too sad that Lady was gone. Love your idea of getting him a new one for Christmas and setting it up just like the movie :)

Looking forward to more :teeth:

I love arrival days, so much anticipation and excitement and then boom you are at Disney :teeth: I hope Demetri wasn't too sad that Lady was gone. Love your idea of getting him a new one for Christmas and setting it up just like the movie :)

Glad you could make it!!!! Where is your TR????

People get to the parks after Rope Drop, doesn't make it a good idea.:rolleyes1

You need to talk to Tracy cause she loves getting to the park late :scared1:

Hey Stefy :goodvibes Definately that first look of your room on arrival day is awesome.

You need to talk to Tracy cause she loves getting to the park late :scared1:

It's not getting to the parks late I like, it's the sleeping in. :laughing: I'm definately an evening person!

Hi ladies! I'm here! Better late than never right? I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!

Day 2

Sat Sept 24, 2011

Ready? Set? Splash!!

I woke up very early this morning! According to Facebook I was watching Stacy TV at 6:45am :) but I had already had my shower and got dressed by then ( I think I was a little excited)

I decided the girls needed to get up at 7:15am and I was really happy when I heard Tracy’s phone ring at 7:30am for her wakeup call!

Same wake up call, Stitch yelling at us to “GET MOVING!” I’d loaded up the park bag the night before and had (what I thought) was everything for the day.

We were at the bus stop and on a bus to MK at 8:30am. At this point I was a little worried that we weren’t going to make it there in time as our plan was to catch rope drop. Tracy had never seen a full rope drop before so I wanted to make sure she saw it.

Didn’t you remember my little bus schedule spreadsheet that said it was a 22 minute ride?? :rotfl2: It was a gloriously sunny day and we were anxious to see the show. My kids had never seen it and I’d only seen a condensed version of it when it was raining in January and I was there with the Spectrum Moms.

We got to MK at 8:45am and fast walked to the front. We went through bag check but stopped there to watch because the plan was not to head into MK after rope drop.

I’d created a picture itinerary for Ariana to prepare her that we were going into Magic Kingdom only to watch the opening show, then turning around and heading back out. Though I can usually predict what will upset her, sometimes you just never know. The itinerary said we’d be back after breakfast so the plan was, as long as she knew that we were coming back, she’d be OK with leaving.

I recorded the show for anyone that wants to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNygbGM-B7o

2011_09240003.jpg

2011_09240007.jpg

2011_09240008.jpg

DSCF1001.jpg

It was so fun and I was completely jealous that we were not the family of the day. A few pics before we headed out.....

2011_09240014.jpg

Continued in next post…….

After rope drop we headed off to my favourite breakfast, Ohana at the Poly.

2011_09240015.jpg

I plan to eat here every trip I love it that much!

We’ve had Ohana breakfast every trip we’ve taken. It’s a family favourite that we can’t miss.

2011_09240020.jpg

2011_09240017.jpg

2011_09240018.jpg

2011_09240019.jpg

2011_09240022.jpg

2011_09240023.jpg

2011_09240024.jpg

All the yummy food arrived.

Don’t forget you finally got your lei!

DSCF1007.jpg

DSCF1008.jpg

DSCF1015.jpg

They only came around once with the Mickey Waffles this time which I was a little disappointed in because I love those, but the Ohana juice was plentiful which is good because Tracy and I drank the table’s share (and more):lmao:

DSCF1011.jpg

We asked our server to just leave the Ohana juice on our table and he eventually obliged. Filling my glass first, I’d be done by the time he made it around the table to everyone else. ;)

Each of the characters made their appearance at the table. (...and it was at this point I realized I’d forgotten our autograph book in our room! :headache: )

Pluto

DSCF1019.jpg

Lilo

DSCF1023.jpg

Mickey

DSCF1026.jpg

Stitch

312988_10150823655260099_853130098_20470549_48349522_n.jpg

DSCF1030.jpg

Continued in next post……..

When we’d arrived at the restaurant, they had made birthday cards for Emma and Ariana but they’d put a really wonky name down instead of Ariana. I can’t even remember it, it wasn’t even close. After the characters and just before the parade, they came back with a new card and cupcakes for the girls. We sang the birthday song and Ariana had her little secret smile on.

2011_09240034.jpg

2011_09240040.jpg

Then was the parade and I taped that too. Eryka, Ariana and Demetri are at the beginning and Emma is just before Mickey but she’s behind someone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAawpI8EJ6s

2011_09240041.jpg

2011_09240045.jpg

After breakfast we did a bit of shopping in the Poly store...

2011_09240048.jpg

.... then headed back to MK to get some rides in.

2011_09240052.jpg

2011_09240058.jpg

We stopped at the front for a couple pics.

DSCF1033.jpg

2011_09240061.jpg

DSCF1038.jpg

Tracy found her boyfriend on the front of the map

2011_09240062.jpg

First, a few pics of Main Street and of course – the Castle!

2011_09240063.jpg

2011_09240066.jpg

DSCF1042.jpg

Continued in next post……….

Now during breakfast I had told Emma that I was going to make her go on Splash Mountain. I know, I know I am a terrible mother but you have to know Emma. She is scared of everything and if I never make her do anything she would do nothing.

When we got to MK she was crying and I could see she was stressing herself out so I asked Tracy if she minded if we went to Splash first otherwise Em was going to be stressed all day. She was good with that so we headed to Splash.

2011_09240069.jpg

Now let me tell you she cried the whole way through the line and a couple times I almost said OK we won`t go on and I was worried that when we got to the ride that the CM`s would see her crying and not let her on but we got to the front very fast and our boat was ready and we were off!

Brave little Emma :goodvibes. Splash is Demetri’s favourite ride so he was thrilled to head there first. I have a tradition of taking pics of the kids on the Splash boats and she was a little trooper with her nervous smile.

2011_09240073.jpg

2011_09240074.jpg

2011_09240075.jpg

2011_09240081.jpg

2011_09240082.jpg

2011_09240083.jpg

She stayed very stuck to my side and I had Tracy warn me when all the drops were so I could tell her. In between drops she would look around at what was going on and when a drop came she would bury her face in my chest and hold me. I was really starting to feel like a bad parent, and then the BIG drop came. I warned her and she stuck her face in my chest. As soon as we finished the drop I told her it was over and she could look again. She turned to me and said “that was a little fun”. All feelings I had about being a bad mother were instantly gone. See her hiding in the picture? :lmao:

2011_09240085.jpg

Up next.... Our first scheduled DISmeet and Master Gracey Laid to Rest, No mourning please at his request!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter