OUR FIRST TRIP TO IOA AND US (TWIN 9 YR OLDS)

lolly

Earning My Ears
WE HAD A FEW FAVORITE RIDES THAT WE'D LIKE TO RECOMMEND. THE FIRST DAY OF OUR TRIP WE WENT TO IOA. OUR FAVORITE RIDE AT MARVEL SUPER HERO ISLAND WAS SPIDER MAN -- THE SPECIAL EFFECTS AND THE MOTION SIMULATOR WERE AWESOME. WE ALSO LIKED RIPSAW FALLS (WE DIDN'T GET TOO WET IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LOG), JP RIVER ADVENTURE, AND THE FLYING PTERANODONS. AT US, OUR FAVORITES WERE MIB, KONG, AND ET. WE LOVED THE BEETLEJUICE SHOW. OUR FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT WAS MARGARITAVILLE, WHERE WE GOT TO SIT UNDER THE VOLCANO. THE FOOD WAS GOOD; WE GOT A CAESAR SALAD AND CHEESEBURGER IN PARADISE.

WE HAD A GREAT VACATION.

CONNELLY AND MARY SCOTT

Mahalo for your report. :)
We too liked the Beetlejuice show as did our grandsons. Did your twins ride the PF together or did you and your husband ride one with each? Not many adults have been able to ride and I would like to know what it is like. Aloha.

The girls rode together, and with us, and even with NANA!! Actually, the adults enjoyed it as much as the kids-- we saw a lot of disappointed grownups, travelling solo, who couldn't ride, because you have to be accompanied by a child (under 4 1/2 ft)-- my husband and I considered renting out the kids for $5 a head to any adult rider, and pocketing the money for MARGARITAVILLE later that night!!! just kidding, of course. The ride attendant had to explain over and over to adults about the ride rules, and the non-english speaking foreigners (and there seemed to be a lot) had a hard time understanding. Anyway, it was fun for all of us. We got there at 9, and rode it over and over with no lines.

Thank you for posting. It sounds like you had a great time!

Lolly:

I have 8 yr old twin boys. We went to Disney last May and want to go again this May. However, I am trying to convince the boys to go to US & IOA. They loved Disney so much all they want to do is go back there. How many days do you think we would need at US/IOA to see most of the parks? I am thinking of a 10 day trip and spending so many days at Disney and so many at Universal. Also, where did you stay? We are thinking of the Hard Rock Hotel.

Thanks ! :D

Luvmytwins,
I agree, you should spend a few days at Universal.
Our families first trip to WDW was a few years back when the kids were 5 and 7. We spent 4 days at WDW and one at USF. We all loved USF and decided the next year (aug of 99) to spend 3 days at WDW and 2 at Universal. If you can believe it, we didn't feel that 2 days was enough at Universal. So, on our trip next week we will be at Universal for 4 days and one (mabe) at WDW.
Don't misunderstand, we love WDW, it is just we polled the kids on their fav. rides on our returns and my dau. fav. ride is at USF and my sons is at IOA. Perhaps my kids are just more familiar with the characters and movies at Universal. My hubby and myself prefer the adult activities at USO. Hubby gets tired of the "magic".
I would really consider taking your twins over to Universal for at least two days and consider staying at the HRH. Bring your CDs for the room!
What a great vacation yall will have!

Valarie

scoob.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter