Our First Trip as Parents! December 2012 TR - 8/6 OMG a TR link!

Hi, I'm following along with your report. I loved your cruise report (I'm taking a Wonder cruise in January) and I've been lurking on your pre-trip report for this trip to get ideas for a future trip to Disney with my two daughters. I love Christmas decorations so I'm excited to see your photos of this trip. Hopefully I can go see them in person too one day!

Ok, I'm interested. We did our first trip as parents last year (and second this year) so I'm interested in seeing how your experience went. We've never attempted anything near the scale of flying cross country to visit WDW with a 2 month old though! :faint:

It was around 9pm and my mom started getting antsy (especially since we had an 8th floor view of the airplanes coming in) so she knocked back some of the Brandy that we had packed for her in a flask. She also brought along some Portuguese Anise in an empty water bottle since she had no available flasks :rotfl2:. She took a swig of that too. Poor mom! For those of you that don't know, my mom ABSOLUTELY HATES flying. So she needs all the help she can get, and that help happens to be in the form of a little alcohol:thumbsup2
Ok, that is funny... Maybe not to your mom though. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Whatever it takes to relax the nerves and get on the plane!

Welcome home! I"m all subbed and ready to see what's next for you! I usually drink before I fly, too, but not because I'm nervous, it's just how I like to start my vacation :cool1: I hope your mom did ok.

I FINALLY uploaded all my pics AND I edited all my Photopass Pictures and am awaiting the email to download them (love that I don't have to have a physical disc anymore!) Also, ABSOLUTELY NO PEEKING on my Facebook for those that are friends with me. I needed to post the pictures on there for my family.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, December 8th, 2012.

WERE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD TODAY!!!:cool1:

I was excited and super nervous! Nervous for the flight for DS and nervous for my mom. But I needed to snap out of that and hurry up to get everyone downstairs for our shuttle pickup. The first thing I did was make coffee for my mom so she could pour her brandy into it. She poured at least two shots in the small coffee cup and drank it down. DH didnt want her to feel left out :-)rolleyes:)so he poured some in his coffee too :thumbsup2. We made it downstairs at 5:25am and only waited about a minute or two before we started putting our suitcases in the shuttle. The drive took only about 6 minutes. It was wonderful to be picked up from our hotel and driven directly to the airport. I had checked in the day before and paid for any bags online, so check-in was a breeze. After checking in, we were told to take the elevator behind us, because of the stroller and as soon as the elevator opened up, we were at security already! DM still had her Anise in her carry-on and I told her that she had to drink her water quickly because theyll throw it away. Of course, DH isnt the slickest and slyest guy in the world, and he kept saying all loud, Just down the water! Who cares if it stings! :rotfl2: But I dont think the security guy even cared. Maybe it happens all the time??

Going through security was the EASIEST and PLEASANT Ive ever been through! Maybe its because we were the only people in that security line, and maybe it was because we had a cute sleeping baby with us, but they were so nice and so excited for us that we were going to Disney World. They also helped bring over all our stuff to a bench so we wouldnt have to keep walking to the conveyor belt to pick up our stuff (even though there was no one behind us still at this point!) They were amazing!:thumbsup2

As we were walking to our gate, I noticed that a bar was open! I didnt think bars opened up until 7am, so DH and DM went to grab a drink while I went to our gate to gate check the stroller.

Soon it was time to board! You know when youre boarding the plane and it takes a while for people to find their seats and put their bags up in the overhead bin, and the flight attendant will talk to you for a bit? Well, this was the convo between my mom and the flight attendant:

FA Good Morning!
DM Good morning and when do you begin serving drinks?

All I could was shake my head and giggle. Even with the brandy, the anise, and the screwdriver she had all within a few hours, still wasnt working. The flight attendant was super nice and said she would take care of her as soon as we were at the correct altitude.

Take-off was easy! DS was sleeping, didnt even want to take a bottle since I heard it was good for their ears to be eating during take off and landing, and mom was sitting in the aisle row with her eyes closed, and her arm around DH. Soon we were in the air and mom was able to get her drink, a screwdriver. A different flight attendant served her the drink and said to not worry about paying! I guess the original flight attendant she had spoken to had mentioned something about her being nervous so they comped her her drink! So nice! What a great start to our trip!

DSs first plane trip&sleeping!

DSC00738_zps5d739d0f.jpg

DSC00739_zps5f9aedde.jpg

DM is in the bathroom in the last pic.

The flight was pretty uneventful. No turbulence, no rocking. But when we got drinks again, mom ordered another screwdriver and DH ordered a cranberry vodka. Both comped by a different flight attendant! What the heck! Maybe I should be nervous too! :lmao: We watched a little tv, read Skymall (something DH and I do on every flight) and talked.

We soon began making our descent down but took some pictures on the way down

DSC00740_zps715771c2.jpg

DSC00741_zps04540e8a.jpg

DSC00742_zps3cb220e9.jpg

DSC00743_zpsca6475ed.jpg

DSC00744_zps4d1e35a9.jpg

Mickey head?? A little deformed but I was looking for a Mickey head anywhere I could! LOL!

DSC00745_zps359509df.jpg

Subscribing! Great start :goodvibes:

Emma xx

Subbing.

Congratulations on your new addition. Your baby is adorable.

And congratulations on your DVC purchase and stay. What a nice long trip. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

I'm here!! :cool1:

Following along! Your son is adorable by the way :-)

Yay!! Great start. My mom is the same way about flying. Nothing helps her.

I'm here! And I even made the first page! :banana:

Staying near the airport sounds much better than getting up at 2:30am. Ewwww. Definitely worth it!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! :)

I'm here and so excited to hear all about Calvin's first trip to WDW!

Hi, I'm going to sub. Your family is beautiful. Can't wait to hear more.

I'm here for the newest adventure! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

Subbing! What a cute baby boy you have! :)

I'm in! Love the pics of the baby and his daddy. :goodvibes

Jill in CO

Yay yay yay!!! First update!! :hyper:

I can't wait to hear about the trip.

Yay I am so excited to follow along on your trip! Got some updates on Facebook but looking forward to more

Can't wait to read all about your trip!

Hi, I'm following along with your report. I loved your cruise report (I'm taking a Wonder cruise in January) and I've been lurking on your pre-trip report for this trip to get ideas for a future trip to Disney with my two daughters. I love Christmas decorations so I'm excited to see your photos of this trip. Hopefully I can go see them in person too one day!

Ok, I'm interested. We did our first trip as parents last year (and second this year) so I'm interested in seeing how your experience went. We've never attempted anything near the scale of flying cross country to visit WDW with a 2 month old though! :faint:

Ok, that is funny... Maybe not to your mom though. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Whatever it takes to relax the nerves and get on the plane!

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Welcome home! I"m all subbed and ready to see what's next for you! I usually drink before I fly, too, but not because I'm nervous, it's just how I like to start my vacation :cool1: I hope your mom did ok.

Wow! Love seeing my old friends here and some new ones!:goodvibes Hope I don't let you guys down!

So you had some pixie dust even before getting to WDW! An easy trip to the airport, no lines at security, and a smooth flight. Did your mom calm down once you were leveled off, or not until you landed in FL? That was really nice that they comped all those drinks for you guys :goodvibes

So you had some pixie dust even before getting to WDW! An easy trip to the airport, no lines at security, and a smooth flight. Did your mom calm down once you were leveled off, or not until you landed in FL? That was really nice that they comped all those drinks for you guys :goodvibes

Lots of pre-pixie dust!

She did calm down during the flight and was laughing and overall in a great mood...possibly the drinks?? Maybe! But I didn't care, as long as she wasn't freaking out and tense.

Hi and welcome!

Landing was very smooth and the flight only lasted about 4 hours and 20 minutes from take off, to getting off the plane. Sweet! Our first official Florida pic!

DSC00746_zps9eb4d1d6.jpg

We decided the day before to not put our Magical Express tags on our luggage so that we could have our luggage right away. So we made our way to baggage claim, but then DH spotted it. A Ruby Tuesdays! He had to have it so he got my mom a sandwich and a turkey burger for me and him to share. I had him stay and wait for the food, while DM, DS, and I went down to baggage claim to grab our stuff. The bags came quickly and were one of the first bags released onto the belt! Such luck!

Soon DH came down with the food and off we went to check in with Magical Express. We were one of the first in line for the bus and ended up waiting about 10 minutes before we were whisked away.

Bus ride was very quick! Probably because we were trying to eat our sandwiches and feed the kid too. The first stop was at Coronado Springs. We weren’t there too long and luckily AKV isn’t far from CSR. The first stop was at Jambo House. No one got off. Wish the bus driver would have asked who was going to Jambo and who was going to Kidani. Oh well, soon enough we were entering Kidani and I was super exicted!

I went to check us in and because I checked us in online 10 days before, I wasn’t up there for very long. I didn’t take any pictures of the lobby because I wanted to hurry up and get in our room but I did take pictures of it later.

We had a 1 Bedroom Standard View room. Check it out!

DSC00771_zps6b769c7b.jpg

DSC00747_zps8c8acd51.jpg

DSC00748_zps95b530d8.jpg

DSC00749_zps9fcc002e.jpg

He's in a different onesie, if you noticed. He had a little accident on the plane. One of many that happen on this trip

DSC00755_zps92590dec.jpg

DSC00756_zps917b4130.jpg

DSC00762_zps4875c30a.jpg

DSC00763_zps9b3388f8.jpg

DSC00758_zps0daab51d.jpg

Master bathroom
DSC00759_zpsf6f9c834.jpg

DSC00760_zps1328c234.jpg

DSC00761_zps88ac9c87.jpg

Guest bathroom

DSC00764_zpse1c9e5f3.jpg

DSC00765_zps0c2f964f.jpg

Laundry located in the closet in entryway

DSC00766_zps8f63952d.jpg

Master bedroom...animals are already occupying the bed!

DSC00767_zps02f29154.jpg

Being changed AGAIN!

DSC00768_zpsccc9435e.jpg

Love Simba and Nala on the headboard

DSC00769_zpsfece69a0.jpg

DSC00774_zps305a32cf.jpg

Back to the living room area

DSC00770_zpsea8481c6.jpg

DSC00773_zpse24393bf.jpg

And now the view from our huge balcony!

DSC00750_zpsfc044e3a.jpg

DSC00751_zpsf04cb119.jpg

DSC00752_zps428ec1b6.jpg

Is this really a standard view room?? It was a corner room with a view of the pool and a view of the savannah area!

Great view! Nothing like paying for standard and getting preferred :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read all about your first day - hope Grandma enjoys spending a little time with your DS and enjoys WDW with you both! What a beautiful family!

Yay, you've started :)

Too funny your mom knocking back the drinks to calm her nerves!

Your baby boy is such a cutie :)

Wow, great view from your room, looks like you really got some pixie dust :)

Hi! I was a lurker on your other trip reports, and I guess it's time to say hello!

Your son is so cute! Can't wait for more!

Your room looks awesome!

We stayed in Jambo during our time at AKL two years ago and liked the resort a lot. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

Yay you made it! :cheer2:

I bet you're glad you had a washer and dryer by the end of that trip with all the onesie changing! :) He's so adorable!!

That is some nice views! I bet it was relaxing out there.

Your mom is so funny with the drinks! My BIL is the same way, scared to death to fly!

Your room looks great! It's getting me excited for my trip in a little over a month. You probably got one of the "reclassified" rooms. The savanna view was not enough to satisfy guests so it was changed to a standard. I've seen a number of TRs where people lucked out on these standard view rooms!

Such cute pictures with Calvin! :goodvibes

Awesome view! The one-bedrooms at AKL are so beautiful.

Calvin is so cute with his little mittens. I miss the mitten stage.

Great view! Nothing like paying for standard and getting preferred :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read all about your first day - hope Grandma enjoys spending a little time with your DS and enjoys WDW with you both! What a beautiful family!

We definitely lucked out with that view. Especially since I was reading that a standard view could be overlooking just the parking lot so this was an unexpected surprise!

Yay, you've started :)

Too funny your mom knocking back the drinks to calm her nerves!

Your baby boy is such a cutie :)

Wow, great view from your room, looks like you really got some pixie dust :)

Hi Linda! We sure did get some pixie dust!

Hi! I was a lurker on your other trip reports, and I guess it's time to say hello!

Your son is so cute! Can't wait for more!

Yes! Weren't you supposed to be going to WDW in December too??

Your room looks awesome!

We stayed in Jambo during our time at AKL two years ago and liked the resort a lot. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

The room was SO amazing! I really wish we didn't have to switch the next day to a studio. :sad2:

Yay you made it! :cheer2:

I bet you're glad you had a washer and dryer by the end of that trip with all the onesie changing! :) He's so adorable!!

That is some nice views! I bet it was relaxing out there.

Oh my gosh! We wouldn't have made it without the washer and dryer. And here I was thinking, "10 onesies should be enough. 1 for everyday and 2 extra for just in case." Psssh ya right! :rotfl2:

Your mom is so funny with the drinks! My BIL is the same way, scared to death to fly!

Your room looks great! It's getting me excited for my trip in a little over a month. You probably got one of the "reclassified" rooms. The savanna view was not enough to satisfy guests so it was changed to a standard. I've seen a number of TRs where people lucked out on these standard view rooms!

Such cute pictures with Calvin! :goodvibes

Don't tell me that used to be a savannah view!? Ridiculous. That was from me standing in the corner of the balcony to get that shot too.

Awesome view! The one-bedrooms at AKL are so beautiful.

Calvin is so cute with his little mittens. I miss the mitten stage.

My DH HATES the mittens on him. My husband is obsessed with baseball and football, so he thinks the mittens are keeping him from exercising his hand muscles and that may prevent him from throwing a ball later :rolleyes:. But when his mittens are off, he has no problem at all grabbing my hair or earrings! :lmao:

I probably won't update tomorrow or Christmas day, and i'm sure not too many of you will be on the DIS anyway, but wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Hope you all enjoy spending time with your loved ones during this time.

:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!