Our first stay on points - AKL-Kidani

catherines_mama

DIS Veteran
Over presidents weekend my girlfriend and I took our kids 11,11,8 & 7 to AKL-Kidani.

As a DVC owner it was our 1st stay on points. We'd rented and stayed at BWV in Oct 2012, but since buying in DEC 2011 this was our 1st vacation.

My thoughts on AKL-Kidani...

Check-in: very easy. I'd checked-in online, and just had to walk up and got our keys. I THINK we got perked up to Savannah from Standard (1 Bdrm).

Parking: Super easy, I parked 3 spaces down from the elevator closest to our section. Even on a busy weekend the parking deck was not very full.

Room: We were about half-way down the long hallway, so it wasn't so bad. On the 4th Floor.

We felt the rooms were dark. I get the decor and the idea to light it like lanterns while on safari but I could have used brighter lights.

Sofa bed - My older ones claimed they were really uncomfy. We had extra blankets so we folded them over and added padding for them.

Busses: No complaints always great experiences

Food: didn't try any options at Kidani

Glad the store had the quick service refills, but wish they'd opened earlier.

We did take the bus to Jambo and eat at Mara, really good food and easy tranport. We'd have walked but it was cold.

Pool: We did use it one night because we promised the kids - COLD! but nice.

We might go back. DH didn't go with us. He wants to try every DVC with me but he missed this one, so we might go again, we'll see. It's only my 2nd DVC so not much to compare it to yet.

Totally agree about the sofa bed, I was on it for our family vacation and it was painful. Otherwise we liked the layout of the room better than some of the other resorts!

Agreed on all - I did not know the blanket for the sofabed was kept in the closet untill the last day of our visit in December. DW just turned the heat up to 80 instead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter