Our First Family Disney Trip! *Updated 3/22*

SOrlando114

OncNurse 17
Hi everyone! Very new to the DisBoards *Earning My Ears Status* and hoping to start a PTR! I have never done anything like this but it is exciting! My name is Sam (28) and I will be taking my DD (4) Emma, and my DM (56) Nancy, on their first Disney Trip! I had gone back in 2007 with my then Husband and stayed off property and only had 4 days at Disney... very disappointing, completely unorganized, and makes appreciate all of the planning I am about to put into this trip.

We have gone to Orlando the last 2 years but have yet to make it to the WDW parks, but this is us on our last trip:

IMG_0485_zpsz0kcblyz.jpg

Okay! Let's get this started! The reason for this trip is kind of a dual celebration for my daughter and I... a 2 month early birthday celebration for her (I know, I'm stretching it lol) and a 1 month post graduation present for me! I have been working my tail off for the last 4 years to earn my BSN and am so looking forward to rewarding this hard work with my mother and daughter on hopefully the best vacation thus far.

Our trip plans are to on when we are actually starting out are up in the air! My mother teaches middle school and we are trying to figure out if we can squeeze in a 1 week long trip down to Treasure Island or if she will end up having snow makeup days. Last year we did 1 week in Orlando and then 1 week in Treasure Island at the cutest 1 bedroom condo that was across the street from the Gulf of Mexico Beach but on the bottom floor so we had a clear shot at the water (The condos infront of us had an elevated building with parking underneath and had almost no one there so we could see the water from our window). So the start off dates are kind of up in the air but the WDW dates are the 17th-25th on property at the Poly and then 1 week off property.

We are staying at a 4 star Hotel I got on priceline for less than 80.00 (use that name your price tool guys!) for the night before we check in, so we can get a bright and early start. I have booked our ADR already so we are planning most of our days around where the reservations are and fast passes will flow in the same direction hopefully. Hopefully this goes smoothly... ::MinnieMo::MinnieMo::MinnieMo

Condo Craziness and a Girls Trip

A few things have happened since the intial post! We secured 6 nights at an ocean front condo in Treasure Island (Sunset Beach area), FL for June 9-16! It went so crazy trying to get this place! Half of the places we asked about on VRBO were listed as available but then unavailable upon request. Then we found the perfect condo! We messaged and were told it was available so we gave our contact information... then someone called... my mother answered and paid in full over the phone. Turns out the person who called was not the actual person we were wanting to rent from. We emailed, we texted, we called and we were effectively ghosted for 3 days until someone accidentally picked up the phone and we got a refund. Then the perfect condo was unavailable by the time we could get this straightened out. So we found another condo in the same building for less money but no W/D but we could deal. My mother then found out after all of this hoopla that she was now required to work extra days at the end of the year and would not be able to make the drive down and would have to fly down instead. Luckily we discovered Allegiant Air and got her a flight directly from Concord, NC to Clearwater, FL for 78.00 one way. We saved by not having to do bag fees since I will just bring her bags with me. So my DD and I will drive from NC to FL on June 9th! Yay for first solo Mother Daughter road trip!

We were also able to score a 1 night room at the Melia? in Orlando for less than 80.00 on Priceline "Name Your Own Price". This way we can spend our last day leisurely on the Gulf and then drive and sleep in Orlando and then wake up early to check in at WDW, trade in our AP vouchers, and hit the parks. If anyone has stayed here please let me know, I haven't heard anything about it.

Another thing that happened is that I was finally able to finish paying off our WDW vacation! We are officially at the Poly from June 17-25 with a garden view standard room (unless we get some pixie dust *not crossing my fingers :rotfl2:*) and Deluxe Dining Plan! We are so excited! All of ADRs have been booked for weeks and I am just patiently waiting for FP+ to open up. Well I did make one ADR for after we go offsite.. Beaches and Cream! Yes we are going to attempt to tackle the kitchen sink! Even if we don't finish it will be a fun thing to do.

After WDW we are heading over to an offsite condo my mother has through her timeshare. We have stayed there before and really enjoyed it but have not tried the whole travel and transportation thing from there to WDW.

Life update wise... I have started my preceptorship for my final half of my final semester of my BSN! I am struggling though, I'm not going to lie. I have been assigned to the GYN/Antepartum Unit at my local hospital and it is an awesome unit. However, I have been assigned the night shift from 7p to 7a and then having to go to school during the day. I'm always feeling drained... I just can't get down the switch during the week of going from day classes to night work back to day classes. Oh well thoughts of graduation and spending time this summer at WDW with my daughter and mother is pushing me through. Well until next time!!

I am following along!

I have been working my tail off for the last 4 years to earn my BSN and am so looking forward to rewarding this hard work with my mother and daughter on hopefully the best vacation thus far.
Congrats on finishing school! And while raising a daughter. Double Congrats!

We are officially at the Poly from June 17-25 with a garden view standard room (unless we get some pixie dust *not crossing my fingers :rotfl2:*) and Deluxe Dining Plan!
YEAH!!!! Always so exciting. We stayed at the poly on our first trip, we loved it! It's fantastic!

I would love to hear what restaurants you picked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter