Our Family's 2nd Trip to Disney World-Pre-Trippie

What a long boring day at work. I worked from 8 to 6 today, and was glad to get home to Austin and Bill. Bill and I have opposite days off for babysitting purposes- and my Mom and Grandma watch Austin the rest of the days while we are at work. Anyway, Saturday is Austin's birthday- my little man will be 4 sniffle sniffle. He is getting too big too soon. We are having family and a few friends over to celebrate his birthday- it is going to be...... you guessed it Mickey Mouse Clubhouse themed. I sent out MMCH invitations, bought the themed plates and everything, and am decorating my house in the bright colors from the show. I am also attempting to make his cake this year- do you think I can do it- we'll see I'll keep you posted.

So far, this is our menu:

Meatballs/rolls
Macaroni Salad
Spinach dip
Veggie tray/dip
Pepperoni/Cheese/Cracker Tray
Chips and Dip
Cake

I took off from work this Thurs. and Fri. to get everything ready. So, I have a few kids coming ( 2 kids, 2 toddlers, 1 baby to be exact- but you know, there is always more). So, last week, we took Austin to Party City to pick out his own party favors!!! Let me tell you, we had so much fun-he really picked some cute stuff. I didn't want to give a bunch of cheap nonsense in a bag so this is what we did- and it was pretty inexpensive. (Hint Hint- you can even keep this stuff in mind for MMCH night!!). Party City has this big round bin with many sections in it filled with different favors in it from .25 - .50 cents a piece. We bought 6 of each item he picked which included:

Crazy Straws (in different colors)
those click clack things
little fuzzy bouncy balls
and I bought the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse favor boxes to put them in (you get 4 for 3.99)- they are so much cuter and sturdier than regular loot bags

Then, we headed over to the Dollar Tree- ours has LOTS of Disney stuff- I picked up a 6 pack of magic doh (like playdoh), Mini MMCH puzzles (they come in a 2 pack- they are sooo cute), those punch balloons with the rubberbands on the end like you get from the carnival, a pack of Reese cups, Hersey bars, and kit kats.

So, that brings me to what I did tonight. After Austin went to bed- I was on a mission. First, was to get those party favors done. Don't worry I took lots of pictures- I really need to get some on here :rotfl2:!!! So, I came up with the greatest idea. A few weeks ago when I was doing the invitations, I bought these square MMCH Stickers to put on the back of the invites. I had extra, so I replaced the "Magic doh" label with the MMCH sticker- so it now looks like MMCH play doh!!! It looks adorable :lovestruc. I showed Bill and told him that I cannot wait to show my DIS friends- and he thinks I'm nuts:rotfl2:. I placed everything neatly in the MMCH boxes and let a crazy straw stick out of the top side of each. They really turned out great.

I think I just may have to do something similar for MMCH night. I recommend the mickey "magic doh" and the little puzzles as an activity for that night. They also sell coloring books and all sorts of other MMCH things.

After my favors, I decided to wrap Austin's presents from Mommy and Daddy. Would you believe that I used every inch of that Toy Story wrapping paper? My Grandma had also asked me to wrap hers- so I need to either get a large bag, or more wrapping paper. I may just go with the bag because they have really cute ones from Party City.

Well, that was my night. I still have so much more to do before this Party on Saturday- I will keep everyone posted- as for now, I am going to bed. Have a great night all!!

Wow, Austin's party sounds like it's coming along just great!! Sounds adorable and now I have some cute ideas for our Mickey Mouse Clubhouse night on the 25th!! Can't wait to see pics. And what a cute idea to replace the stickers on the play doh with Mickey ones. I have Mickey stickers, maybe i'll do that too.

Come on, let's see those pictures!!!

Wow, Austin's party sounds like it's coming along just great!! Sounds adorable and now I have some cute ideas for our Mickey Mouse Clubhouse night on the 25th!! Can't wait to see pics. And what a cute idea to replace the stickers on the play doh with Mickey ones. I have Mickey stickers, maybe i'll do that too.

Come on, let's see those pictures!!!

They did turn out really cute!!! I got the stickers from Walmart but I have seen them at toysrus too. They are square- if you are getting the "Magic Doh" from the dollar store, you will need to trim around the edge of the sticker for a perfect fit:thumbsup2

Tonight I have a pretty bad headache :sick: so I am going to try to keep it pretty short. I worked from 9-6 today, and am off for the next 4 days :banana:. :banana: I have a lot to do to get ready for Austin's b-day party on Saturday- so the extra two days off will help alot.

Okay this light from my laptop is really killing my head :scared1: so I will check back tomorrow.

Hello! Janine
I'm sorry to hear that you have a headache tonight! Hope you feel better in the morning:hug:
the party sounds like it is coming along great...the menu sounds great, I think that is my worst part of planning a party; the menu. I will come up with something and Danny will usually try to get me to do just plain hot dogs. We always have my parents and the neighbors across the street (and it is just sad to say; they come over to eat like they have eaten in days--this year my dad made a jambalaya w/shrimp, sasauge, & chicken; the boy (22)who has a 3 yr old also[which is why he was invited]I caught him going back for thirds --yes I said thirds and picking the shrimp out of the pan :headache: ) So, Danny always says to keep it easy and something not too too great...it is really sad! I wanted to do BBQ pork sandwiches w/coleslaw in July and Danny said I would have to buy 20#'s of meat :lmao: :rotfl: Sorry I'm rambling...

but, I do like you goody box idea for MMCH night coming up!!!
think I will be making a trip to the Dollar Tree!
Happy party planning!!! :yay:
:wave2: Connie

Believe me you are one of those lucky ones who is getting some time off. Make the most of your time till you are away from your laptop.

Hello! Janine
I'm sorry to hear that you have a headache tonight! Hope you feel better in the morning:hug:
the party sounds like it is coming along great...the menu sounds great, I think that is my worst part of planning a party; the menu. I will come up with something and Danny will usually try to get me to do just plain hot dogs. We always have my parents and the neighbors across the street (and it is just sad to say; they come over to eat like they have eaten in days--this year my dad made a jambalaya w/shrimp, sasauge, & chicken; the boy (22)who has a 3 yr old also[which is why he was invited]I caught him going back for thirds --yes I said thirds and picking the shrimp out of the pan :headache: ) So, Danny always says to keep it easy and something not too too great...it is really sad! I wanted to do BBQ pork sandwiches w/coleslaw in July and Danny said I would have to buy 20#'s of meat :lmao: :rotfl: Sorry I'm rambling...

but, I do like you goody box idea for MMCH night coming up!!!
think I will be making a trip to the Dollar Tree!
Happy party planning!!! :yay:

Thanks Connie- I am feeling much better today- so far so good :thumbsup2. I think its because I am not a work :lmao:. Yeah, there are always a few people you know that come over thinking I am supplying an all you can eat buffet- and then when you go to their house you starve to death:confused3.
That stinks that he cleaned your shrimp out- that must've been some really good jambalaya!!!!

Anyway, yes I strongly suggest that you check out the Dollar Tree. They have all kinds of Disney stuff- especially MMCH stuff. They have coloring books, crayons, mini puzzles, bigger puzzles, little stamp kits, all kinds of MMCH stuff- your Ashton will LOVE it if he is a MMCH fan. The actual party boxes I got from Party City- It was 3.99 for 4- they are adorable and you can probably reuse them. Walmart sells loot bags for 1.50 if you want to use those instead.

Happy planning for the upcoming MMCH night!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Believe me you are one of those lucky ones who is getting some time off. Make the most of your time till you are away from your laptop.

Yeah, anytime away from my job is happy time- except for last night- I was feeling really green :sick: I feel much better today though!!

Ashton's bday in July was MMCH!! I need to post some pics on my thread so you can see his cake. I bought it but it would be so easy to make!!! We did a water party w/o favors (we have four kids who are all days apart and they are the only kids we invite--so we do not do favors as they all get gifts each Sat in July-:lmao: ) but, I did buy them all a cup w/either Minnie or Mickey on it!!1 so I guess I did a small favor.

Have a great day planning!!!

Ashton's bday in July was MMCH!! I need to post some pics on my thread so you can see his cake. I bought it but it would be so easy to make!!! We did a water party w/o favors (we have four kids who are all days apart and they are the only kids we invite--so we do not do favors as they all get gifts each Sat in July-:lmao: ) but, I did buy them all a cup w/either Minnie or Mickey on it!!1 so I guess I did a small favor.

Have a great day planning!!!

Awe- isn't MMCH great? I am braving making a cake this year- Oct. 10 is also my grandmother's and mother in law's b-day as well as Austin's so I am doing a cake for each one of them (I am doing round cakes). I will definitely take pictures!!!

Found your PTR tonight! We are heading off to Disney in September too! So much fun! DD has never been--we are taking her down for her 4th birthday. :cool1:

Your DS birthday party sounds like it is going to be so much fun!!! DD loves MMCH too and has recently gotten into Handy Manny. Of course she loves the Princesses and Tinkerbell too.

I really need to head over to check out the Disney theme night thread too. I really like the idea of doing something like that for my family. Love what you did for Handy Manny special and your Snow White idea. :goodvibes

Hi Everyone!!!

Well, I was off today, and luckily feeling much better!!! My husband is off on Thursdays as well so the three of us spent the day together. We were straightening up the house for Austin's party this weekend. We went to a local farm and picked out a few pumpkins for our yard, and picket up a TON of walnuts in my yard. My grandma uses them for fudge at Christmas time.

Oh, we went to the Dollar Tree and they had those cling-ons for the windows for Halloween- they came in Disney Princess, Pooh and Friends, and Mickey and Friends. You know me- I picked up a few!!!!! I though the Mickey ones would go great with MMCH night.

I have sooooo much to do tomorrow. Austin and I are going to my Grandma's and we are making over 100 meatballs, macaroni salad, and I have a ton of other things to do to get ready for his party. He is sooo excited for his party, that is all he has been talking about.

Oh well, I had a busy day so I am off to bed!!!

Found your PTR tonight! We are heading off to Disney in September too! So much fun! DD has never been--we are taking her down for her 4th birthday. :cool1:

Your DS birthday party sounds like it is going to be so much fun!!! DD loves MMCH too and has recently gotten into Handy Manny. Of course she loves the Princesses and Tinkerbell too.

I really need to head over to check out the Disney theme night thread too. I really like the idea of doing something like that for my family. Love what you did for Handy Manny special and your Snow White idea. :goodvibes

Thanks for joining my pre-trippie!!!! I have a lot of ideas up my sleeve for MMCH night on Oct 25- stay tuned for those.

Awe your DD is going to love WDW for the first time!!!! :lovestruc We took Austin last year for the first time when he was almost three and he still remembers it!!! I cannot wait to go back!!!!

All right PixieDustPrincess05, we do need a lot of greenery around us. I guess it is the need of the hour but in what context you are saying I did not understand.

Okay, so today was the big day- my little stinker turned four. We had our MMCH birthday party and it turned out great!!!!! He really got a lot of neat stuff for his b-day.

Now I know I said I was going to bake the three cakes, but to find out my stove is not perfectly level- so Austin's chocolate cake was lopsided and it burnt to a crisp on the bottom somehow:confused3 I usually bake really good cakes!!!! So we tossed that in the woods, bought him a cake from Shoprite- and put the MMCH figurines from the Disney Store on top. The food turned out great.

After the party- about 14 of us went to a haunted hayride out by us. It was kind of stinky- well it wouldn't have been if these tween girls sitting next to us didn't give it away and tell everyone what was going to happen. They were annoying as anything!!!

Ok, I am exhausted and am going to try to get some sleep!!!

All caught up now. It's funny how whenever we all were younger it just seemed that it took forever for us to grow up, but now that you have kids these birthdays come by so fast! I'm glad the party was nice, and you were able to find a last minute cake. Sorry to hear about the hayride.

I am looking forward to her reaction!! I hope is as magical as I am imaging it to be. I am sure she will be a little overwhelmed but she should settle fairly quickly.

I am glad Austin's birthday turned out good. :)

Thanks for the head's up about Dollar Tree--I think I will head over there at some point in the next few weeks to see what I can find. Maybe some stocking stuffers (I know, too early to think about it but buying gradually sure helps!) but mainly for treats on the way down to Disney since we are driving.

What plans/ideas :idea: do you have brewing?

All caught up now. It's funny how whenever we all were younger it just seemed that it took forever for us to grow up, but now that you have kids these birthdays come by so fast! I'm glad the party was nice, and you were able to find a last minute cake. Sorry to hear about the hayride.

Yeah it did seem like forever didn't it? These four years with Austin have flown by- I wish I can go back in time sometimes... but its also nice to see him as a four year old and all of the crazy things he does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter