Our Family's 2nd Trip to Disney World-Pre-Trippie

PixieDustPrincess05

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"
Hello Everyone!!!!

Thank you for joining my pre-trip report!!! You are all in for a long ride- as we are looking at going back to WDW sometime in September 2010- maybe even the last week of August.

First, let me introduce you to my wonderful family. First there is me, my name is Janine. I plan all of our trips and love everything Disney.:lovestruc

DH- Bill- goes along for the ride. I took him and DS to WDW August of last year. We ended up in Tropical Storm Fay and it rained constantly the whole 4 days is there. At one point on the shuttle bus he said "Disney World, where misery is made". Talk about wanting to crawl under my seat!!! I think he secretly likes Disney though:confused3

DS-Austin- my little 3 year old (soon to be 4) little man. He loves everything Disney as well. He was 2 and 1/2 when we took him last year, and surprisingly remembers alot. He continuously asks me "When are we going back to Disneyworld Mommy?". I can't wait for us to take him back!!!!:wizard:

I started my trip report (my very first pre-trippie, thank-you, thank-you) because I needed a pre-start on that Disney Magic. Sharing information and stories with others just brings it out even better. Its like living in a fantasy world. :wizard:

Anyway, I have been thinking alot of how I want to plan our next trip. First of all, everything is depending on free dining or not next year. If we are able to get free dining- we are going to stay 6 days/5 nights Mon-Sat. If not, we are going to stay 4 days/3 nights Tues-Friday. I have used both the regular ddp and QSDP- and we will DEFINITELY be taking the QSDP. I love the free mugs, I love the 2 snack credits, I love going to eat at my own convenience, I love not having to spend so much extra money on tips, I just plain love the QSDP:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

On to the hotel. Last August we stayed at ASMO and loved it. Austin was really into 101 Dalmations at the time, so we went preferred and requested the Dalmation building. I recently went to WDW in June with some gf's from my work for a few days and stayed at POP. I think we will be booking at POP Century for our next trip because I believe Bill will love all of the POP culture, and Austin will love all of the huge icons!!!! I am going to book non-preferred this time, but request the 60's building:hippie:

Parks. We will definitely be doing the park hopper-so worth it. I love going to one park for Early EMH, and ending the night in another park with fireworks:lovestruc.

So, that is everything so far. It won't feel "official" until I shell out the $200.00 for the deposit, but at least I know what I want to do. f:cool1:

When we went in August of last year- I booked in February I believe. And I booked our plane tickets as well. I think I am going to wait a little bit this time because Spirit Airlines has really been coming up with some great deals!!!

Well, thats all for now. Stay tuned for my next post on our 1st Disney Night.:wizard:

Woo Hoo, I'm the first to reply!! I'm so excited we'll be waiting together until we go back to Disney next year!!! I hope you change your mind and do go with the last week of August, that's when we'll be there and we can have a Dis Meet :cool1:

Can't wait to hear about your first Disney night, we will be having our first one on Sunday. It's Pirates:banana:

Hello! Janine!!
followed you from Pam's PTR! signing on so we can all plan and have some fun together!
our family is going back in NOV 2010! so two months after you:mickeyjum
:wave2: Connie

Hey, Connie, glad you're here too, we're all going to have FUN together waiting to go to Disney World!!!!

When I had my PTR going for May, quite a few of us talked everyday through the disboards and became very close. I'm excited to have some new 2010 friends too.:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Woo Hoo, I'm the first to reply!! I'm so excited we'll be waiting together until we go back to Disney next year!!! I hope you change your mind and do go with the last week of August, that's when we'll be there and we can have a Dis Meet :cool1:

Can't wait to hear about your first Disney night, we will be having our first one on Sunday. It's Pirates:banana:

So glad you joined in. I feel "official" now that I have some people on my page:laughing:

I read about your upcoming Disney night- and I think that having tacos like from El Pirata y El Perico is the best idea ever (I might have to copy that one). I love that restaurant. I went on my girls trip in June, and cannot wait to take Austin and Bill there for the first time (tacos are our favorite!!).

Hello! Janine!!
followed you from Pam's PTR! signing on so we can all plan and have some fun together!
our family is going back in NOV 2010! so two months after you:mickeyjum

Hi Connie!

Glad you joined my pre-trippie!!!!:banana:

Although my ticker has an official date- we still have not set one. It all depends on when they offer free dining again end of summer/beginning of fall. You, Pam, and I, and whoever else joins my PTR are going to have the best time planning our trips!!!!.

Okay, so today I went out to do the usual weekly shopping- Wal * Mart, Shoprite, etc. Bill and I had originally made plans to take Austin to see Toy Story 1 and 2 in 3D for the 7pm showing tonight- but somehow I talked myself out of it :confused3

The tickets are 13.50/per adult and 10.50 per child- thats about 40.00. Not including popcorn apopcorn:: and drinks- about another 20.00 bucks. So, even though I was really in the mood for a large coke and a bucket of greasy buttery popcorn, I decided to read the reviews on the movie to see if it was worth it or not. Sadly, it got mixed reviews and alot of people are saying that there aren't that many 3D features. Has anyone seen this yet, and if so, can you please tell me if it was worth it? :confused3

Well, I think I am off to make dinner. Pam's taco night was sounding really good, but I don't have any hamburger meat laid out. I think I am going to make cheesesteaks and cheese fries.

I'll be back on later tonight:surfweb:

HI! Janine
you need to join me on my PTR, too! so we can really make it a trio :lmao:
the link is in my siggie...
we have dates; but, we are not booked as of yet!
Have a great evening!
will check in tomorrow night!!!!
:wave2:

HI! Janine
you need to join me on my PTR, too! so we can really make it a trio :lmao:
the link is in my siggie...
we have dates; but, we are not booked as of yet!
Have a great evening!
will check in tomorrow night!!!!
:wave2:

Hi Connie!

I joined your PTR!! Your son is adorable- he is the same age as my Austin.

Okay, so it's 12:30 am and I am still messing around on here. Mainly because of the fact that I was just on AllEars.net looking at all of the dining menus in WDW:surfweb: It was totally making me hungry!!!

So, I know it is a little early (hey it's never too early to dream about Disney right :cloud9:?) but I was sitting here thinking about the places we are going to eat. We are DEFINITELY going with the QSDP- no if's and's or but's about it!!!!!:rotfl2: So, for those of you who are interested- here are my choices:

Magic Kindgom-
El Pirata y El Perico (have eaten here-love it!)

Pecos Bill's (never tried, but walked in back in June by myself during EMH night when the rest of my gf's bailed out and went back to the hotel- I will tell you guys about this trip sometime)

Cosmic Rays- (never tried, but looks like a yummy menu!)

Aloha Isle- (would like to stop by for one of those Citrus Swirls or Dole Whips- they sound sooooo good has anyone tried either :confused3)

Animal Kingdom-Flame Tree Barbeque- (Everyone seems to rave about this place, and the menu sounds delicious- I love BBQ'ed stuff!!)

Pizzafari- (went here on my June trip with the girls- It was absolutely adorable and the pizza was good)

Hollywood Studios-
Toy Story Pizza Planet (Love it Love it Love it- and we LOVE Toy Story! We went here last August- so adorably themed, and great pizza/salad!)

Epcot-

Liberty Inn- (Bill likes Roast Beef N' Cheddar Sandwiches, so I think we'll give this one a try- anyone ever been here?)

Cantina de San Angel- (never been here either- any suggestions?)

We will probably be doing our breakfasts at the hotel (we plan to go to Pop Century or ASMu). The rest of our meals that we don't eat in the parks, we are going to eat at the hotel- they have a great selection and big portions.

Lets just all keep our fingers crossed on the free dining plan nextaugust/september!!!:thumbsup2

Okay, I don't think my eyes can take much more, I am going to bed!!!

Hi! Janine
we are just getting in from a night on the town...it was nice I haven't been out much w/o Ashton (A/K/A Peter Pan).

Thank you for the complimant on Ashton!
we did CS (OOP) our trip in May-no sit downs!!
we ate at the resort ASSp most nights!!
I love Cosmic Rays --to me it has excellant prices and the food selection is really good!
I have not eaten at any of the other places you mentioned although San Angel looks good! from the menu I have seen.
I did the same thing I knew the menus and where we should eat for every park!! when we went in May...Danny, Gwendolyn, and Dayne thought I had lost it...but, they sure did appreciate it when we got there!:lmao:

Later, need to get to bed it is 12:04 here and I need to get up at 5:00 to get Chloe!

Hey, your restaurant choices look great to me. Those are pretty much all of the ones I want to eat at as well. Obviously we LOVED El Pirata y el Perico. That was our favorite. The food courts at the All Stars were great too. And Pizzafari was another favorite. I heard Flame tree barbecue was good too, I would like to try that next time as well. Toy Story Pizza Planet was awesome too, cause we are Toy Story fans.:goodvibes

I didn't come on last night, but I am usually on around 12:30am too, that's when I get in from work and I , like you, usually have to tell my self to STOP and go to bed.:goodvibes

Hey! I'll hop on to read. I look forward to what goes on in the time between now and the trip.

We brought the boys to watch TS1&2 yesterday in 3D. The boys loved it! TS2 was the better 3D movie. A lot more of the movie lent itself to the 3D addition. We went to the 10AM showing. It was $8 for each of us.

Thank-you for joining my PTR Brave Teacher!

Thanks for the info regarding TS1 and 2. It is still up in the air, we have two weeks, so we may or may not go:confused3

I look forward to reading your PTR too!! :surfweb:

Hey, your restaurant choices look great to me. Those are pretty much all of the ones I want to eat at as well. Obviously we LOVED El Pirata y el Perico. That was our favorite. The food courts at the All Stars were great too. And Pizzafari was another favorite. I heard Flame tree barbecue was good too, I would like to try that next time as well. Toy Story Pizza Planet was awesome too, cause we are Toy Story fans.:goodvibes

I didn't come on last night, but I am usually on around 12:30am too, that's when I get in from work and I , like you, usually have to tell my self to STOP and go to bed.:goodvibes

Thanks! Flame Tree Barbecue is definitely on my must do list next time. I really cannot wait!!!! I really try to mix it up with the QSDP so we are not eating the same thing all of the time- even though I really like the pizza in WDW :yay: I am partial to my favs like El Pirata y el Perico and Pizza Planet, but I am all for adding some new QS restaurants to my list.

Hi Everyone- did I have a busy day today!!!!

I went to a baptism, went to Walmart and Superfresh, did my wash, cleaned the house, cooked dinner, made dessert, watched the Handy Manny Special with Austin and now, I am in my comfort zone! Bill and Austin are asleep and I am sitting up in bed with my lap top- and there is no place I would rather be right now but here on the DIS- except for WDW itself :cloud9:.

I made tacos for dinner. They were very good- and I used the blue corn tortilla chips for the stuff that falls out of them for when you take a bite:rotfl2:-they were good too. I popped a bag of popcorn for the Handy Manny Special (we were not about to miss that!) and baked brownies at the same time. I have to give Pam credit for the tacos and the brownies:teacher:.

Handy Manny was adorable!!! Austin loved it. They are also doing a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Special on Oct. 25th- cannot wait!!!! After that I cleaned up, while Austin watched Phineas and Ferb, and a little bit of the Incredibles, and now, here I am.

So, it wasn't an actual "Disney night" for us- but I am thinking about upcoming ones and I would really like to know what you guys would think of the following:

Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs- I know I have a little boy, but I love this movie, and I think he will love the Dwarfs. So, I am going to probably do like a hearty beef stew or pot roast in my crockpot (sounds like wonderful cottage food to me!), and for dessert......candy "not so poisonous" apples. Does that sound great or what? I need an activity to go with it-I was thinking since the Seven Dwarfs work in a diamond mine, maybe Austin and I can get a few different types of glitter and glitter some smooth stones or rocks- and then I will put them in one of my curio cabinets afterwards. Does that sound lame?
:confused3

I am too excited for this!! I am also as tired as anything so I am hitting the hay and calling it an early night :cloud9:

Sounds like a great night. I was just about to post on my thread about our "Disney night" last night, we had a fun time.

That Handy Manny show was so cute, we all LOVED it!!! And we'll definitely be watching the Mickey Mouse one on the 25th as well. :goodvibes We'll have to make it a Mickey Night!!!

The snow white night you have planned sounds great, I love all of that, may have to use that one night myself. :goodvibes

Sounds like a great night, Janine! I had made our chimmichangas, pallea, fiesta corn, and confetti cupcakes!

We can't wait until the Mickey Mouse prime time special...need to look up playhouse disney for some activities and snacks!

I don't think your Snow White night sounds lame at all...in fact I may have to borrow/steal it!! But, I need to start preparing better for it!!

:yay: to a great disney night!!!

Sounds like a great night. I was just about to post on my thread about our "Disney night" last night, we had a fun time.

That Handy Manny show was so cute, we all LOVED it!!! And we'll definitely be watching the Mickey Mouse one on the 25th as well. :goodvibes We'll have to make it a Mickey Night!!!

The snow white night you have planned sounds great, I love all of that, may have to use that one night myself. :goodvibes

Yeah Handy Manny was cute. Austin and I really enjoyed it. We HAVE to watch the Mickey special on the 25th because Mickey is Austin's favorite:lovestruc. I am going to have to do something extra special for that night. Not sure what the dinner/dessert will be yet.... hmmmm.......:confused3

Sounds like a great night, Janine! I had made our chimmichangas, pallea, fiesta corn, and confetti cupcakes!

We can't wait until the Mickey Mouse prime time special...need to look up playhouse disney for some activities and snacks!

I don't think your Snow White night sounds lame at all...in fact I may have to borrow/steal it!! But, I need to start preparing better for it!!

:yay: to a great disney night!!!

Wow, it sounds like you guys had a great night as well!!!! I am glad you liked my Snow White idea- its great to share ideas. Mickey Mouse is going to be a great night, as he is Austin's favorite!!!!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter