Our Family's 2nd Trip to Disney World-Pre-Trippie

Okay so yesterday I had to go in for a few hours to assist my boss with the start of our month end/year end close. I went in about 8:45am and got home just before 12pm. Bill took off yesterday so when I got home, my mom stopped by for about 15-20 min, and then me, Bill, and Austin went out.

First, we stopped by Walmart to return something, and we bought a new printer!!!! It is a Canon Pixma and it prints beautifully!!! After that, we decided to take Austin to Friendly's- which the nearest one is about a half an hour away from Walmart. I love Friendly's, I got the bbq chicken supermelt with french fries, and vanilla ice cream with pb sauce. Bill got a cheeseburger and french fries, and a chocolate sundae. And Austin, got the grilled cheese with french fries kids meal, with a build your own snowman sundae. Also, we all shared a mini mozzarella stick appetizer. It was soooo delicious :banana:.

After that, there is a store called "The Christmas Tree Shops" about 15 minutes down the road from that- which I love. It is not actually a store where you buy Christmas Trees or anything like that. It is more like a home store, it has all types of pictures, housewares, gardenwares, kids stuffs, crafty stuff- all in all, it is the best store ever :banana:.:banana: So we went there, and I got 2 sea shell themed pictures for my bathroom (our bathroom is slowly transforming into a beachy theme!!!!)- they are like them shadow type boxes- they were 4.99 a piece and they are so cute :lovestruc. I bought a bag of seashells because I want to make a wreath for the bathroom. They also started bringing some of their seasonal valentin merchandise out, so I bought this little set of three different size dip bowls that have the valentines hearts on them- I definitely have to take pics of them- that was 4.99. I also picked up a bag of tealights (50 ct) for 1.50.
After that, we started home (we were about an hour away at that point!!!), and Austin fell asleep, and I dozed off.

When we got home, I straightened up the house :laundy:, Bill set up the new printer, and Austin was still napping. And then- we did it.

:love:

No no no no not what you think- get your minds out of the gutter :rotfl2:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We took down ALL of our Christmas decorations including the tree, and they are back up in the attic until next Christmas!!!!!!! Sorry, I just thought I'd have to add a little twist to my post :rotfl2:

So after, that, you know I was dying to make my first tshirt!!!!!! After wasting two sheets of that expensive transfer paper- I finally weezled out an adorable Spongebob shirt for Austin. I wanted to make one he can wear now- and he loves it. I seriously have to upload pics. I have a ton to show you from everything!!!. Question- do you absolutely have to prewash the shirt before you iron on the transfer because I wanted the shirt to still look new :laundy:!!!!!

Well, that was our day. Today, Bill is at work, so it is just me and Austin. I think I am going to take a ride over to AC Moore's (a craft store here incase you don't have one) and see what types of valentines goodies they have. Then I have to figure out what to pick up for dinner because I didn't lay anything out :headache:. I will be back on later tonight- hopefully with some pics. Have a great day everyone :cool1:!!!!!

Just found your PTR. Subbing. Looks like fun.

We stayed at POP last May. Someone mentioned earlier about their food court. I agree, it was actually really good!

We're headed down in September. I think that's my favorite time of the year to go.

Looking forward to reading more. popcorn::

Just found your PTR. Subbing. Looks like fun.

We stayed at POP last May. Someone mentioned earlier about their food court. I agree, it was actually really good!

We're headed down in September. I think that's my favorite time of the year to go.

Looking forward to reading more. popcorn::

Hi OhioDisneyLover!!!! Glad you can join us for the ride!!!!

POP does have an amazing food court. Are you and your family going to stay at POP again when you go back in September?

Well, Austin and I never did make it to AC Moore's today. It was way too cold and windy out to go to any extra places:scared1:- we just stopped off to the grocery store (Shoprite here) and picked up some things for dinner.

So, I have seriously been in the mood for a veggie topping pizza. So while we were at the store today, I picked up fresh broccoli, a green pepper, a few tomatoes, a red onion, pizza crusts, and pizza sauce. I am also going to throw some fresh garlic on the pizza YUM :banana: The funniest thing happened on the way to the store today- I told Austin we were having pizza for dinner and he said "Mommy are we going to Toy Story Pizza Planet for pizza?"- he was just watching Toy Story this morning- how cute :lovestruc. I told him that we were not going tonight, but when we go back to Disney, we can eat there again (he was 2 1/2 when we first took him there, I'm not sure if he remembers it or not). But, he did give me a GREAT idea for Toy Story night. We had done a Toy Story night a few months back- but I wouldn't consider it an "official' one. So here are my plans so far- and as soon as I get a great enough deal to book a trip we are going to start our nights.

Movie : Toy Story
Dinner: We are going to make pizza of course- but.... here is the twist. If you go onto AllEars.net under dining, it gives you all of the WDW restaurants and what you can order there. So, we will be making personal pizzas, with mixed green lettuce salads (just like Pizza Planet at HS).
Dessert: Either Rice Krispies Treats or chocolate chip cookies.
Still have to think of an activity to do, but I am soooo excited about these plans!!!!!!:cool1::cool1:

Please let me know what you think.

Oh, also while I was at the grocery I picked up ingredients to make milk chocolate peanut butter fudge. I just finished making it- it was quite easy, and it has to refrigerate for at least an hour- I can't wait to tell you all how it came out.

Well, I have to get to chopping veggies for our pizza tonight!!!!

Sounds yummy! I want to try making pizzas--what a great idea to turn it into a Disney Theme night. I have not started them but I thought about starting to jot ideas down for them for when we do start them. Can you believe DD has not seen Toy Story yet? We will have to get it from the library before we got to Disney. :goodvibes

What other theme nights are you considering? I actually picked up some of the Disney cookbooks (adult and children ones) so I am hoping to find some good ones to try out and perhaps incorporate into a Disney theme night. :yay:

Fudge turned out yummy :banana:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all of you who are interested it is called Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge, and it is on the Hershey's website under Recipes. It is very easy to make and it is absolutley delicious!!!!!!

Well, off to make our veggie pizza for dinner tonight before Bill gets home from work :wizard::wizard:.

Sounds yummy! I want to try making pizzas--what a great idea to turn it into a Disney Theme night. I have not started them but I thought about starting to jot ideas down for them for when we do start them. Can you believe DD has not seen Toy Story yet? We will have to get it from the library before we got to Disney. :goodvibes

What other theme nights are you considering? I actually picked up some of the Disney cookbooks (adult and children ones) so I am hoping to find some good ones to try out and perhaps incorporate into a Disney theme night. :yay:

They are very easy to make. I usually buy Mama Mary's or Boboli ready to use pizza crusts- or you can make your own. I like buying the individual personal pizza crusts so we can all put on our own toppings. Toys Story is great, your DD will love it- it is way cute :lovestruc. Definitely go onto the AllEars.net website- there is alot of info on there- especially for restaurant menus and pricing.

Hi OhioDisneyLover!!!! Glad you can join us for the ride!!!!

POP does have an amazing food court. Are you and your family going to stay at POP again when you go back in September?

We will be staying at Wilderness Lodge in September. (pop on over to my PTR and let me know what you think about my plans so far.) It's our 10th anniversary trip.

I do though love the hummus and pita chips over at POP. I've not seen them at any other resort!

When we stayed at POP I really wanted the 50's section.....we didn't get it though. :sad2:

We will be staying at Wilderness Lodge in September. (pop on over to my PTR and let me know what you think about my plans so far.) It's our 10th anniversary trip.

I do though love the hummus and pita chips over at POP. I've not seen them at any other resort!

When we stayed at POP I really wanted the 50's section.....we didn't get it though. :sad2:

Did you put in a request for the 50's section on your ressie? I am heading over to your PTR right now!!!

We did put in a request for the 50's but we didn't get it. In fact, the CM at check in was really...well....not so nice. I asked about again but still no go..... :confused3

What :scared1:!!!!!! A mean CM?????????? They are usually great, but I am sure there is probably one every now and then that we can all do without. Sorry to hear about that. I would say if you are going to stay at POP, any of the three buildings (50's, 60's, and 70's the ones that have preferred and non preferred sections) are a pretty short walking distance to the main building, I would request any of them. I hope your upcoming trip is filled with many wonderful CM's set out to fill you and your family's dreams :wizard:!!!!

So today was an okay day at work- it started out a little stressful, but it got a little better as the day went on.

Bill made dinner tonight- shake and bake chicken, white rice, and peas- absolutely yummy :yay:. I am on this dessert making kick- as you may know, I made pb chocolate fudge the other night. Well, I had also found a recipe online for Oreo Truffles- so all you chocolate lovers, this is for you!!!
I made them tonight, and they are delicous, and somewhat easy to make- very rich and chocolatey though. I would recommend eating no more than 2 or 3 tops at once. All it is is crushed up oreos and cream cheese mixed into a dough like mixture and then rolled into individual balls and chilled. Then after about an hour, you melt chocolate, dip the balls in the chocolate, and then sprinkle them with more crushed oreos and chill them again.

So, back to Disney plans. Yes, it is still up in the air over the park hopper passes. So here is what I came up with- please tell me what you think:

1) If we go during free dining, we are going to stay 6 days/5 nights non preferred. However, this is the only way we may not choose the PH passes. Only because we have 6 days to get all of our parks in and can pick and choose which ones we want to go back to.

2) If we do not go during free dining, we are staying 4 days, 3 nights non preferred, QS dining plan, and yes Park Hoppers. Only because we only have 4 days- and we like some parks more than the others (MK!!!!!:wizard:).

It is funny, Bill tries to play it off as like he could care less about Disney, but if someone strikes up a conversation about it, he'll sit and go into detail about what to do and what not to do!!!! I know he loves the dining plan and won't do without that, and I know he loves the park hopper- but, if we are staying 6 days (we usually take a late flight home)- we can hit the parks we love the most at least twice right? I don't know, I really like the flexibility of not being confined to a park :confused3.

Oh, you know that round of mini golf that you get in your Magic Your Way Package? Is that one round of gold for your entire party, or is it just for one person in your party?

Well, I hope everyone has a great night!!!

I had to laugh when I read about Bill. My DH does the SAME THING! He will be all casual and then someone will ask a question and he is suddenly the Disney expert. Too cute!

Hopefully they will offer free dining when you want to go so that you stay the extra nights. Always nice to add nights to a trip! ;)

I had to laugh when I read about Bill. My DH does the SAME THING! He will be all casual and then someone will ask a question and he is suddenly the Disney expert. Too cute!

Hopefully they will offer free dining when you want to go so that you stay the extra nights. Always nice to add nights to a trip! ;)

To tell you the truth- I think they all do it!!!! They like to maintain their manlyness but they are all secret Disney lovers :lmao:!!!!

I hope they offer free dining too that would just put the icing on the cake!!!

To tell you the truth- I think they all do it!!!! They like to maintain their manlyness but they are all secret Disney lovers :lmao:!!!!

I hope they offer free dining too that would just put the icing on the cake!!!

:lmao: I think that you're right.

I hope they offer it as well. My brother is paying for it and we'll change his ressie if they offer it free later on. In the past few years they have so here's to a repeat!

Guess what everyone????

I was just fishing around looking to see if there were any rumors about free dining this year and guess what I stumbled across?

They have already started offering UK vacation packages (for people that live there only I guess) free dining from July 5- November 18 2010- but they have to book a mod. resort or above. It will probably different for all of us (hopefully they keep the Value Resorts in) because we live closer, but lets keep our fingers crossed!!! I can't see them not doing it!!!

Guess what everyone????

I was just fishing around looking to see if there were any rumors about free dining this year and guess what I stumbled across?

They have already started offering UK vacation packages (for people that live there only I guess) free dining from July 5- November 18 2010- but they have to book a mod. resort or above. It will probably different for all of us (hopefully they keep the Value Resorts in) because we live closer, but lets keep our fingers crossed!!! I can't see them not doing it!!!

Oh Janine.....you just made my day.....let's keep our fingers crossed!!! :dance3:

Guess what everyone????

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: I sure hope they offer free dining again!! My TA said that she is anticipating to be announced in the end of March/beginning of April because that is when the current promotions booking dates end. :goodvibes :goodvibes

So today was an okay day at work- it started out a little stressful, but it got a little better as the day went on.

Bill made dinner tonight- shake and bake chicken, white rice, and peas- absolutely yummy :yay:. I am on this dessert making kick- as you may know, I made pb chocolate fudge the other night. Well, I had also found a recipe online for Oreo Truffles- so all you chocolate lovers, this is for you!!!
I made them tonight, and they are delicous, and somewhat easy to make- very rich and chocolatey though. I would recommend eating no more than 2 or 3 tops at once. All it is is crushed up oreos and cream cheese mixed into a dough like mixture and then rolled into individual balls and chilled. Then after about an hour, you melt chocolate, dip the balls in the chocolate, and then sprinkle them with more crushed oreos and chill them again.

So, back to Disney plans. Yes, it is still up in the air over the park hopper passes. So here is what I came up with- please tell me what you think:

1) If we go during free dining, we are going to stay 6 days/5 nights non preferred. However, this is the only way we may not choose the PH passes. Only because we have 6 days to get all of our parks in and can pick and choose which ones we want to go back to.

2) If we do not go during free dining, we are staying 4 days, 3 nights non preferred, QS dining plan, and yes Park Hoppers. Only because we only have 4 days- and we like some parks more than the others (MK!!!!!:wizard:).

It is funny, Bill tries to play it off as like he could care less about Disney, but if someone strikes up a conversation about it, he'll sit and go into detail about what to do and what not to do!!!! I know he loves the dining plan and won't do without that, and I know he loves the park hopper- but, if we are staying 6 days (we usually take a late flight home)- we can hit the parks we love the most at least twice right? I don't know, I really like the flexibility of not being confined to a park :confused3.

Oh, you know that round of mini golf that you get in your Magic Your Way Package? Is that one round of gold for your entire party, or is it just for one person in your party?

Well, I hope everyone has a great night!!!

The truffles sound super yummy and RICH!! I have one similar with cream cheese and chocolate than dipped in chocolte too. :)

I like your plans! :goodvibes I am debating on the mini golf thing. I think we will not plan but if we are looking for something to do, than that will be the option. Are you going to go to Planet Hollywood too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter