Our Disney Trip to Sara-topia! Sept/Oct MNSSHP & F&W trip(link to dining review 11/1)

:welcome: Yes we are excited about our Thanksgiving trip. We usually rent a nice cabin in Gatlinburg, but since we just bought into DVC, DH suggested just going back to Disney. And I was very agreeable to do so. MNSSHP and F&W are amazing and I can't wait to do them again. And yes, next TR, less lurking and more commenting :)

Thanks! Aw, yeah, Gatlinburg is fun! But... I'd pick Disney too! How awesome that yall do DVC! Definitely, no more lurking for me. I'm officially out of hiding! I'll look forward to your next TR and hope your Thanksgiving trip is magical!

Thanks! Aw, yeah, Gatlinburg is fun! But... I'd pick Disney too! How awesome that yall do DVC! Definitely, no more lurking for me. I'm officially out of hiding! I'll look forward to your next TR and hope your Thanksgiving trip is magical!

I am sure it will be. I hope yours is magical as well.

Since I passed my time waiting for my last trip by reading your last report I figured I'd pass the time for my next trips with this one which is next week. Yep in under 15 days from returning the hampsters were spinning on how to convince DH to go back for Christmas. Then a little slip to my MIL about how we could do it super cheap and 3 days later DH caved and we are booked to go over Thanksgiving weekend with MIL.

I can't wait to read about all your experiences since we were there the same time.

Day 2 – Part 4

Here’s the story about Silver Lake. We currently own a time share through RCI which we purchased in 2008.

I am so glad I read this TR with the info on Silver Lake and even happier I didn't let the in laws talk me into staying there this upcoming summer! I couldn't find enough on Silver Lake to make me happy that I would not be miserable and did read some reviews like yours: oudated decor, a little run down, etc. I held out for Bonnet Creek to use our RCI exchange on. I am not an off property gal but DH did agree to this Christmas trip as part of the bargain for going offsite in May and he promises that it gives me a little leverage for a potential Flower and Garden weekend. I am going to try to stretch this $2000 savings into as many trips as I can. I can hear it now 4 years from now........ "but dear remember when we stayed off site and saved all that money, well we can go again now b/c we saved all that money that one time. ":goodvibes

They use the crane to put up the Christmas lights. We are going in November and this will be the first time that we will see all of the Christmas decorations and we are VERY excited about it.

So as I'm scrolling thru your pics looking for us (we were at the 9/27 MNSSHP party too!) I saw this little gem that I didn't notice this till now but check out my ticker. :yay:

So there was the Myrtle Beach at the same time in July, Sept/Oct trip date exactly the same and now we will be back in November too. I'm calling stalker here. Don't know if it's you or me though! :goodvibes

Oh, I have to tell you. There was a group of 20 somethings in front of us in line and they were all dressed as Toy Story. There was Woody and Bo Beep. Bo Peep’s costume was awesome, she even had this little purse with cotton balls pasted all over it to look like a sheep. Woody’s was really good, too and he had a string with a big ring on his back. I wondered if I pulled it if he would shout out “There’s a snake in my boot!” Mr. and Mrs. Potato head, Rex, the porcupine (from Toy Story 3) and the best of all was Jessie. This girl was a gorgeous redhead and she was just so pretty. She had on a cowboy hat and a Jessie bustier, a bandana, cowboy boots and tight jeans. She ROCKED this outfit, seriously. It would have looked trashy on anyone else, but she was just so pretty that she pulled it off famously. The guy that was Rex kept his arms inside his shirt and just had his hands out like Rex’s little arms. They were all just precious. They all got their pictures taken as a group so they didn’t hold up the line.

We saw them too and talked to them they were CM's. Mr Prickle Pants and Rex weren't with them when we talked to them but saw them again later and they were back. 9/27 was the last CM discount night for the party. We met all kinds of nice ones in line and I got asked if I was a CM about 10 times (b/c I knew where the charecters where and stuff like that).

And this ends our September/October 2011 trip. :sad1: My Facebook status for that day was, “We are now leaving the Disney bubble. I must now return to reality where I have to flush my own toilet and no one will wish me a magical day.” It was funny because a couple of my friends told me randomly to have a Magical Day for a few days after that post.

Up next .... closing thoughts

It's funny but that and the automatic water in the bathroom sinks was one of the things I always missed most and had such a hard time getting used to when I returned to work. I have went to the sink and stuck my hands under it dozens of times after trips and just stood there looking at the faucet like something was going to happen. Last year about 3 weeks after our trip they finally installed auto flush toilets and touchless faucets in our bathroom. I loved it, for the first few weeks it was a reminder of WDW a few times a day. People at work thought I was wack-o but it's one of those "this is Disney" small things they do that makes the parks more magical.

• And speaking of tired, my feet always just kill me at the end of a Disney trip. I wear good quality walking shoes and switch out with crocs, but I can’t avoid the inevitable achy feet. I am taking Epsom salts and some peppermint oil next time, but I would love some advice about how to not have achy feet. Because Disney would be so much more awesome if my feet didn’t hurt so much. I know that part of it is because of my weight and I am working really hard on that. I have lost 11 pounds so far. I hope to be down at least 15 pounds or more by the time we hit our Thanksgiving trip so I know that will have to help.

So as the lady says at the end of Star Tours “Thanks for reading, buh bye now.”

Can you take Aleve? I have massive feet issues that I finally got corrected before our Sept/Oct trip but I still have achy feet problems. I'm over weight and I sit all the time for my job so I'm just not used to standing and walking all that much, but in my defense when I was 60 lbs :eek: lighter, 10 years younger, and stood 20-30 hours a week for my job my feet still hurt me like crazy at Disney. Near the end I also start get pains in my calves from all the walking, not super bad all the time but definately soreness creeps in. A few years ago someone here suggested an agreessive aleve routine. 2 aleve very morning, every night. Whether your feet hurt or not and sleep with your feet propped up on a pillow. I start the Aleve the day before our trip and even when I still had my horrid issues it helped alot. It seemed like a lot (twice the recommended dose I think) so I asked my Dr about it and he said for a week or two at a time since it's gentle on your tummy it won't hurt. He also has been to WDW a few times so he understood the issue more than some would. Be sure to ask your Dr before you do it though. Also putting BioFreeze on my feet once or twice during the trip at night helped me too. And it just feels good after your up on your dogs all day long too.

Since I passed my time waiting for my last trip by reading your last report I figured I'd pass the time for my next trips with this one which is next week. Yep in under 15 days from returning the hampsters were spinning on how to convince DH to go back for Christmas. Then a little slip to my MIL about how we could do it super cheap and 3 days later DH caved and we are booked to go over Thanksgiving weekend with MIL.

I can't wait to read about all your experiences since we were there the same time.

We are going to be there at Thanksgiving, too !! I have never been during Christmas and I can't wait to see all of the decorations !!

I am so glad I read this TR with the info on Silver Lake and even happier I didn't let the in laws talk me into staying there this upcoming summer! I couldn't find enough on Silver Lake to make me happy that I would not be miserable and did read some reviews like yours: oudated decor, a little run down, etc. I held out for Bonnet Creek to use our RCI exchange on. I am not an off property gal but DH did agree to this Christmas trip as part of the bargain for going offsite in May and he promises that it gives me a little leverage for a potential Flower and Garden weekend. I am going to try to stretch this $2000 savings into as many trips as I can. I can hear it now 4 years from now........ "but dear remember when we stayed off site and saved all that money, well we can go again now b/c we saved all that money that one time. ":goodvibes

OK. I feel like I have given Silver Lake a bad rap. If I HAD to stay off site, I would DEFINITELY stay at Silver Lake again. I would just INSIST on having a villa in the newer sections. Like the 300 or 600 sections we have stayed in before. These villas were newer and the decor was up to date and very nice. LOTS of space. So, if you have to stay off site, you should stay there. The RCI point value is good and it is really very close to everything. Since we stayed at OKW this summer, it is just hard to go off site after staying on site. The trip just isn't as magical. And now that we have DVC, I hope to never have to do that again. But Silver Lake is really a nice place. There is tons of space and the beds are very comfortable.

So as I'm scrolling thru your pics looking for us (we were at the 9/27 MNSSHP party too!) I saw this little gem that I didn't notice this till now but check out my ticker. :yay:

So there was the Myrtle Beach at the same time in July, Sept/Oct trip date exactly the same and now we will be back in November too. I'm calling stalker here. Don't know if it's you or me though! :goodvibes

We are sooo stalking each other for sure. Let me know if you are interested in a Dismeet. Just a short one. No biggie if you aren't. We LOVED the MNSSHP. Even though it was super hot that night and very crowded, the kids still talk about and how much fun it was.

I think that will be our last trip to Myrtle Beach for a while. It just didn't seem all that great after our EPIC trip to Disney in June. Which was, to this date, our best trip EVER.

We saw them too and talked to them they were CM's. Mr Prickle Pants and Rex weren't with them when we talked to them but saw them again later and they were back. 9/27 was the last CM discount night for the party. We met all kinds of nice ones in line and I got asked if I was a CM about 10 times (b/c I knew where the charecters where and stuff like that).

That group was awesome. I loved their costumes. We met a lot of CM's that night, too and they were very friendly. We were watching the second parade and there was a group of CM's watching from the same place we were and they were cheering for all of their friends in the parade. They were fun. And since the CM's in the parade were waving at them, we felt like they were waving at us, too. It helped us get excited about the parade, which I thought was awesome.

It's funny but that and the automatic water in the bathroom sinks was one of the things I always missed most and had such a hard time getting used to when I returned to work. I have went to the sink and stuck my hands under it dozens of times after trips and just stood there looking at the faucet like something was going to happen. Last year about 3 weeks after our trip they finally installed auto flush toilets and touchless faucets in our bathroom. I loved it, for the first few weeks it was a reminder of WDW a few times a day. People at work thought I was wack-o but it's one of those "this is Disney" small things they do that makes the parks more magical.

Haha. I love the automatic toilets. And I really feel like it cuts down on germs about 80%. No one wants to be sick at Disney.

Can you take Aleve? I have massive feet issues that I finally got corrected before our Sept/Oct trip but I still have achy feet problems. I'm over weight and I sit all the time for my job so I'm just not used to standing and walking all that much, but in my defense when I was 60 lbs :eek: lighter, 10 years younger, and stood 20-30 hours a week for my job my feet still hurt me like crazy at Disney. Near the end I also start get pains in my calves from all the walking, not super bad all the time but definately soreness creeps in. A few years ago someone here suggested an agreessive aleve routine. 2 aleve very morning, every night. Whether your feet hurt or not and sleep with your feet propped up on a pillow. I start the Aleve the day before our trip and even when I still had my horrid issues it helped alot. It seemed like a lot (twice the recommended dose I think) so I asked my Dr about it and he said for a week or two at a time since it's gentle on your tummy it won't hurt. He also has been to WDW a few times so he understood the issue more than some would. Be sure to ask your Dr before you do it though. Also putting BioFreeze on my feet once or twice during the trip at night helped me too. And it just feels good after your up on your dogs all day long too.

Yes, my feet are always killing me at Disney. And I've lost 15 pounds so I hope that will help this time. I too, am overweight and sit all day at my job. I do play tennis though, so that helps some. I CANNOT take aleve. It makes me feel really nauseous and I have always had a problem with naprosyn and I'm not sure why. In any case, this time I plan to bring some Epsom salts and peppermint oil and see if that helps. I have some biofreeze around the house somewhere, so I will bring that, too. My DH says his feet don't hurt him at all and it just makes me mad. But, for Disney, I will withstand the pain :lovestruc

My DH says his feet don't hurt him at all and it just makes me mad. But, for Disney, I will withstand the pain :lovestruc

My DH does that too it's annoying, makes me want to step on his toes or something!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter