Our dear JungleCruiser, Sarah, now an Angel in Heaven….

Thank you all for the outpouring of support and prayers for Sarah and her family. Sarah's husband sent me an email expressing how grateful and appreciative he is to read the comments on this thread as well as the Resort Changers thread. He is thankful, but understandly, it is proving difficult at this time to express his feelings on the DIS himself.

The memorial service is most likely the week of 1/7, and for those wishing to make a donation in her memory in lieu of flowers, the family is suggesting The Valerie Fund.

From the website: Valerie Fund's mission is to provide support for the comprehensive health care of children with cancer and blood disorders. The Valerie Fund is a not-for-profit organization established in 1976 in memory of nine-year-old Valerie Goldstein by her parents. Today there are seven Valerie Fund Children's Centers for Cancer and Blood Disorders located in major hospitals in New Jersey, New York, and the Philadelphia area providing caring, comprehensive, state-of-the-art outpatient health care to more than 4,000 children and their families each year.

This organization seems like it would have been selected by our dear Sarah. :hug:
Thank you for letting all of us know, Janet:hug:

I'm so glad that Sarah's husband visited us here on the Dis. I know he was well aware of what a wonderful lady he married. And Sarah loved her hubby and her beautiful daughters more than anything! She has touched my life in a way I can only pray to do for someone else.
Me, too. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for her family.

I'm so glad that Sarah's husband visited us here on the Dis. I know he was well aware of what a wonderful lady he married. And Sarah loved her hubby and her beautiful daughters more than anything! She has touched my life in a way I can only pray to do for someone else.

Jeannette, you said exactly what I am thinking and feeling...and I want to remember Sarah's kindness by reaching out to others....which you, dear friend, already do beautifully. :hug:

I have had great difficulty posting about Sarah's untimely death. This was the first day I haven't experienced bouts of tears. They want to come now, but I am trying to hold them back, I am failing.

I have come to realize today that our Sarah would not want us still in tears and lamenting her death. It is time to celebrate her life, family and the passion and strength that defined her. She never complained about her illness and instead wished to sometimes focus here, with her DIS friends, on the things that brought her happiness. Perhaps, at times, it served as a much needed distraction for her, but ultimately, Walt Disney World and the DIS was her 'happy place.' How fortunate all of us are to have been a part of her happy place! She may be gone, but her friendship will remain with so many forever. That can never be taken away.

Her last text to me was on Christmas and she gave no indication that she had taken a turn for the worse. She wanted to celebrate the joy of the season, and not focus on that which she had no control over. She instead focused on her next trip, her family, our next trip, our successes, our failures. She was a mother, a sister and a friend to us all. My mother passed from cancer at the same age as Sarah and I don't have any siblings, so truly, Sarah was all of those things to me.

We can choose to focus on that which has been taken away from us far, far too soon or we can now choose to focus on that which has been given to us and remains - the part of us touched by Sarah's wit, wisdom, pragmatism, patience, warmth and shared joy of Disney World. Thank you dear Jon, Stephanie and Cynthia for sharing Sarah with us and thank you to her parents as well.

I don't know to whom to attribute this quotation, but I find it fitting:

What moves through us is a silence, a quiet sadness, a longing for one more day, one more word, one more touch, we may not understand why you left this earth so soon, or why you left before we were ready to say good-bye, but little by little, we begin to remember not just that you died, but that you lived. And that your life gave us memories too beautiful to forget.

I do not know Sarah but sounds like I wish I did :)

I read the thread and just want to express my condolences to her family and friends.

Kook You are so right about Sarah :hug: She was thankful for every day she had. She knew she beat the odds, and how blessed she was each and every day. I pray she knew how blessed we felt to have her! :hug:

We all know her husband and her daughters through all Sarah shared, and I am so sorry for your loss. Many of us have "adopted" Sarah as a Gramma, sister, Mom, because she took care of us. She was always there for me, and helped me, even when I didn't ask...she made me feel good about being a nurse, made me feel good about everything I did. Whether she knew it or not, she shared her strength with me, and made me thankful for every moment...even the little things.

I love you Sarah! :lovestruc

Everyone's words have been thoughtful and put a lump in my throat, but KOOK you brought tears to my eyes. I think taking a few days to gather your thoughts was well worth it, because your words and the quote you found are so moving.

Sarah, you will always be with us in spirit :angel:

Melissa

Everyone's words have been thoughtful and put a lump in my throat, but KOOK you brought tears to my eyes. I think taking a few days to gather your thoughts was well worth it, because your words and the quote you found are so moving.

Melissa
Oh, thank you, Melissa:hug:. Your kind comment made me smile - Sarah:littleangel: would be pleased::yes::

Sarah's husband would like everyone to know that he has read every post on this thread and appreciates all the beautiful sentiments. At this time, it is too difficult for him to post using Sarah's screen name, Jungle Cruiser, but he wants all of you to know that he does read and appreciates every post.

Kook~ Thank you so much for posting the message from Sarah's DH Jon. I hope to get to her service Monday before work.

Wow...I'm in total shock right now. As I was skimming through the RC thread tonight, I saw the news of Sarah's passing. What a sweet person she was! I actually went back to the beginning of the thread to read her posts, and then the tears came. It's funny how you get to know someone just through words on a computer screen. While I only knew her through DisBoards, I'm so very glad that our paths crossed....what a blessing she was to so many people. I'll be praying for her husband, children and friends.

Heather

Kook~ Thank you so much for posting the message from Sarah's DH Jon. I hope to get to her service Monday before work.

Jeannette, Hope to see you there :hug:

Melissa

Melissa, agree with you 100% ... Kook you said it beautifully ... Thank you. :hug:

Wow...I'm in total shock right now. As I was skimming through the RC thread tonight, I saw the news of Sarah's passing. What a sweet person she was! I actually went back to the beginning of the thread to read her posts, and then the tears came. It's funny how you get to know someone just through words on a computer screen. While I only knew her through DisBoards, I'm so very glad that our paths crossed....what a blessing she was to so many people. I'll be praying for her husband, children and friends.

Heather

Heather, it is still unreal to me... every day she is on my mind, and I find myself reading thru her emails to me... we all were blessed to have such a friend. :hug:

I have had great difficulty posting about Sarah's untimely death. This was the first day I haven't experienced bouts of tears. They want to come now, but I am trying to hold them back, I am failing.

I have come to realize today that our Sarah would not want us still in tears and lamenting her death. It is time to celebrate her life, family and the passion and strength that defined her. She never complained about her illness and instead wished to sometimes focus here, with her DIS friends, on the things that brought her happiness. Perhaps, at times, it served as a much needed distraction for her, but ultimately, Walt Disney World and the DIS was her 'happy place.' How fortunate all of us are to have been a part of her happy place! She may be gone, but her friendship will remain with so many forever. That can never be taken away.

Her last text to me was on Christmas and she gave no indication that she had taken a turn for the worse. She wanted to celebrate the joy of the season, and not focus on that which she had no control over. She instead focused on her next trip, her family, our next trip, our successes, our failures. She was a mother, a sister and a friend to us all. My mother passed from cancer at the same age as Sarah and I don't have any siblings, so truly, Sarah was all of those things to me.

We can choose to focus on that which has been taken away from us far, far too soon or we can now choose to focus on that which has been given to us and remains - the part of us touched by Sarah's wit, wisdom, pragmatism, patience, warmth and shared joy of Disney World. Thank you dear Jon, Stephanie and Cynthia for sharing Sarah with us and thank you to her parents as well.

I don't know to whom to attribute this quotation, but I find it fitting:

What moves through us is a silence, a quiet sadness, a longing for one more day, one more word, one more touch, we may not understand why you left this earth so soon, or why you left before we were ready to say good-bye, but little by little, we begin to remember not just that you died, but that you lived. And that your life gave us memories too beautiful to forget.

KOOK you were able to put into words so beautifully what each of us felt about "our" Sarah. The quote was perfect. :hug:

You're welcome. When Jon wrote to me that it was too difficult for him to post here using Sarah's username, I completely understood and knew everyone else would, too.

Heather
:hug:

Jeannette, Hope to see you there :hug:

Melissa, agree with you 100% ... Kook you said it beautifully ... Thank you. :hug:
Thank you so much, Janet. I have never had to do that. It was both painful and cathartic and I worried I was "doing it wrong."

How wonderful that you and Jeanette are attending Sarah's memorial service. I can only imagine how difficult it will be for you seeing that just two days later you were to meet her at WL. For those of us who can't, like me, can I burden one of you with offering a hug and smile on my behalf to Sarah's family?

KOOK you were able to put into words so beautifully what each of us felt about "our" Sarah. The quote was perfect. :hug:
Thank you, Sheila:hug:. I love that you call her, "our" Sarah.

I didn't know her, but it sounds like you all lost a wonderful friend. My condolences to her friends and family. :hug::hug:

Thank you so much, Janet. I have never had to do that. It was both painful and cathartic and I worried I was "doing it wrong."

How wonderful that you and Jeanette are attending Sarah's memorial service. I can only imagine how difficult it will be for you seeing that just two days later you were to meet her at WL. For those of us who can't, like me, can I burden one of you with offering a hug and smile on my behalf to Sarah's family?

Kook, Of course I will offer a big hug and smile to them all. I feel I will be doing this multiples times for ALL the RCers who wish they could do so in person. :hug:

I didn't know her, but it sounds like you all lost a wonderful friend. My condolences to her friends and family. :hug::hug:

Sarah was indeed wonderful, sweet, and funny and much, much more. I do think it is wonderful that DISers are posting here that didn't know her personally, to offer up their prayers and smpathies to the family.

DISers are the best.

AND Sheila, Kook and all the RCers... She will always be "our" Sarah.... our RC Angel :angel:

Our angel Sarah will be with us on our RC trip next week as we honor her with smiles, love of Disney and our friendships which will always include her. Tuesday she and I were to meet to rest and relax while we waited for the other RC ladies to arrive. We shared a love of knitting so I think I will find a cozy, comfy place to knit awhile and maybe toast her with a milkshake. :grouphug:

Our angel Sarah will be with us on our RC trip next week as we honor her with smiles, love of Disney and our friendships which will always include her. Tuesday she and I were to meet to rest and relax while we waited for the other RC ladies to arrive. We shared a love of knitting so I think I will find a cozy, comfy place to knit awhile and maybe toast her with a milkshake. :grouphug:

I know that y'alls trip will be quite special for each of you. Enjoy making new memories and take comfort in remembering your dear friend, Sarah.

Heather

This is an especially sad day, marking one week since Sarah's passing, so I wanted to offer a bright spot. I have come to see this past week, how many lives she touched just on the DISboards alone. Though Sarah is gone, her friendship has left us with a common bond that can't be broken. We have so much to be grateful for! :grouphug:

This is an especially sad day, marking one week since Sarah's passing, so I wanted to offer a bright spot. I have come to see this past week, how many lives she touched just on the DISboards alone. Though Sarah is gone, her friendship has left us with a common bond that can't be broken. We have so much to be grateful for! :grouphug:

Kook, as I was getting ready this AM, I was reflecting too on the one week passing of Sarah.... she did touch so many lives and agree that this bond cannot and will not be broken! We really do have so much to be grateful for. :hug:

Linda, perhaps if it is nice, one of the park benches by the lake... then off for a Sarah milkshake at AoA. :hug:

I know that y'alls trip will be quite special for each of you. Enjoy making new memories and take comfort in remembering your dear friend, Sarah.

Heather

Heather, thank you my friend :hug:.... Sarah's presence will be with us, she will be in our hearts as we make memories together...as you know, Sarah loved the Grand, and we had an ADR breakfast planned (she loved breakfast at the cafe). Linda and I will be keeping that ADR and know Sarah will be with us in spirit. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter