Our dear JungleCruiser, Sarah, now an Angel in Heaven….

Janet B

DIS Veteran
Our dear friend Sarah, lost her courageous battle with cancer yesterday. She passed away peacefully with her husband Jon, and her 2 daughters Stephanie and Cynthia, by her side. Disney music was playing, and they know she heard the music as she squeezed her daughter’s hand when wishes came on.

She was an upbeat, positive, caring person, who didn’t dwell on her illness, instead focused on living her life fully every day. She was so looking forward to her upcoming Disney trip and meeting up with her DIS friends.

She was a dear friend to me and I l will miss her greatly.

Please hold her family in your hearts and prayer. Rest in peace, dear Sarah.

Very sorry to hear this. Always sad to hear of a mom dying at such a young age especially with young children. Prayers for the family.Sounds like she passed peacefully.

Our dear friend Sarah, lost her courageous battle with cancer yesterday. She passed away peacefully with her husband Jon, and her 2 daughters Stephanie and Cynthia, by her side. Disney music was playing, and they know she heard the music as she squeezed her daughter’s hand when wishes came on.

She was an upbeat, positive, caring person, who didn’t dwell on her illness, instead focused on living her life fully every day. She was so looking forward to her upcoming Disney trip and meeting up with her DIS friends.

She was a dear friend to me and I l will miss her greatly.

Please hold her family in your hearts and prayer. Rest in peace, dear Sarah.
Thank you, Janet for starting this thread. I am without words and crying at the moment. I am deeply saddened by the passing of my dear friend who I affectionately called "Pioneer Girl Sarah." She was an inspiration to us all and never let her illness stand in the way of her love of Disney. She always kept in touch and always saw the bright spot and positive in everything. I am very emotional right now and must stop. I hope her dear husband and two beautiful daughters know how much she meant to all of us. I miss her dearly.

Janet, thank you for posting this. I haven't heard from Sarah in a while and was wondering. God bless her family in this time of sorrow.

She was a very dear friend to me here on the DIS. I will always have a very special place in my heart for Sarah. She and I would talk alot about our clinical trials and I was amazed at her strength and positive nature!

The only other thing I have to say is Cancer really sucks. :furious:
This, Sarah and I both agreed upon.

Thank you, Janet for starting this thread. I am without words and crying at the moment. I am deeply saddened by the passing of my dear friend who I affectionately called "Pioneer Girl Sarah." She was an inspiration to us all and never let her illness stand in the way of her love of Disney. She always kept in touch and always saw the bright spot and positive in everything. I am very emotional right now and must stop. I hope her dear husband and two beautiful daughters know how much she meant to all of us. I miss her dearly.

Kook, I'm still in shock. Still no tears. She had been alluding to this in our PMs, but I thought it was in the far future, not right away.
Like I said, I'm in shock. :(

She will be missed.

I too will miss our dear friend - she was so very special and walked right into my heart. Sarah was very supportive of my journey with cancer and always wanted to be there for me if I ever needed to talk or have questions.

She had a delightful sense of humor, cheerful spirit and generous heart... a bull dog in her own treatment and being there for others. Disney was her happy place and I am so very grateful her last trip was recent. I am sorry we will not see her in a couple of weeks...but Sarah, you will be with us in spirit, especially when we have breakfast at the GF Cafe. I will miss my coat holder companion when the others enjoy TOT! God bless you, sweet friend. My love and prayer are with Jon, Cynthia and Stephanie.

Kook, I've had a bad feeling the last few days, and was trying to push it aside. I was so hoping that Sarah would be able to return to her happy place in January, and so wanted to share the Disney enjoyment with her first hand.

Your affective term of "pioneer girl" was so appropriate for our dear sarah ... as she displayed grit, determination, spirit and willingness to take on any trial and treatment in her courageous battle. She was a true warrior. She will be so missed by us all.

I am so sad right now.

Janet, thank you for posting this. I haven't heard from Sarah in a while and was wondering. God bless her family in this time of sorrow.

She was a very dear friend to me here on the DIS. I will always have a very special place in my heart for Sarah. She and I would talk alot about our clinical trials and I was amazed at her strength and positive nature!

The only other thing I have to say is Cancer really sucks. :furious:
This, Sarah and I both agreed upon.

Lulu'sMom, :hug: Sarah was amazing and never focused attention on herself, displaying strength and a positive attitude at all times. I came to rely on her friendship and wisdom greatly.

And Cancer does suck, big time. The best to you Lulu'sMom in your own fight. :hug:

Kook, I'm still in shock. Still no tears. She had been alluding to this in our PMs, but I thought it was in the far future, not right away.
Like I said, I'm in shock. :(

She will be missed.
I, too thought it was under control when last she reported that she got the green light to go on her trip to WDW as scheduled. I knew she had been back in the hospital, but thought it was related only to her minor throat surgery. She was due to arrive in just a couple of days at WL/CL.

I'm sorry to see your trip has been canceled due to your illness. I know that you and she loved the GF. I hope that your trip can be rescheduled for a future date.

So very sorry to hear about Sarah's passing. Sending prayers to her family and friends to help them through the hard days ahead. How sweet that they had Disney music playing, tears in my eyes when you said she squeezed her daughters hand when "Wishes" came on. God Bless~

My heart broke yet again when I read of Sarah's passing. Sarah was the type of person when you had a problem she forgot her own and reached out to you. I have not been on the DIS boards much the past few months and Sarah reached out to me sending a PM to see if I was ok. This was the type of person she was. I am proud to call her my friend and I am going to miss her dearly. Sending prayers to her family. I know she is in a better place now without pain and suffering.

So sorry to hear of your loss. She sounds like she was an amazing person whom I wish I would have been able to meet before her passing.
I will keep her family and friends in my thoughts and prayers.

May she rest in peace.:littleangel:

how sad.. another light dimmed by an awful disease... prayers for her family...

So sorry to see this. I didn't know her personally, but enjoyed her posts here on the DIS. My prayers go out to her family and friends. Cancer sucks.

I'm here. Janet thank you. Sarah was a beautiful Angel and I am a better person to have known her. I'll post more later. Hugs to all!!! Lulus mom!!!! Miss you!!!

I will always remember when I first met our dear Sarah -- when she called down to us from her balcony at the Beach Club. She was so gracious and a true character. She was so sweet with our daughter.

Sarah was an instantly endearing and thoroughly wonderful woman. Strong and sweet and kind and funny... and always willing to share the bright side with all of us. I'm so glad and feel so privileged we had the opportunity to meet her and be a part of her life albeit so briefly.

Jungle Cruiser, you're one special gal and you will be missed by so many.

:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter