• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our 2 Year Old's Birthday Do Over Extravaganza *update 8/27*

YAY, you are back with an update!!

Cool you got to see them dance and sing on MK. Never been early enough for that :goodvibes

Smart guy Alex! You need to watch out for those older women!!:smooth:

LOL right!

YAY, you are back with an update!!

Cool you got to see them dance and sing on MK. Never been early enough for that :goodvibes

Yeah trying to get this one done before we go on our Sept trip haha!

Yeah we had never seen them before either so was a nice treat as we walked into the park. Haha that doesn't surprise me :rolleyes:

Next up was The Country Bear Jamboree.....now, before we had Alex I guess I never really listened to what they were saying in these songs but this time I paid attention and omg it's so not kid friendly but good thing kids don't understand the context haha! It's amazing what you start paying attention to when you have kids.

Then we wandered over to Fantasyland. We decided to check out the new shop over by BoG. It's cute but WAY too small. I had to walk out while Chris paid for the gift we got for his parents

And then I got my favorite picture of the Castle. Just love this angle.

It was lunch time at that point so we stopped into Cosmic Ray's for a bite along with everyone else. Alex had a good time in there.

Then we walked over to the Pooh ride and it shut down just as we got there. Ugh! We never did get to ride it on this trip.

After our mid day break we park hopped to DHS (it pains me to call it that)

I like their Christmas tree there least of all but I guess it's still pretty.

I'm not sure when or how this happened. Maybe he didn't have a nap in the room that day? Either way it looks like he fell asleep in his stroller while at MGM that evening haha! Been too long for me to remember all the details.

We decided to have dinner at Hollywood & Vine. This was our first meal here and we LOVED it! But I wish the dessert options had more normal options. Maybe some ice cream and chocolate chip cookies. I thought it was weird that they didn't have any normal cookies at least for the kids.

Alex being entertained by PBS kids on my iPhone as we walked through the park.

Then we headed to TGMR. I still love this ride even though it's outdated

Triangle selfie

Getting Alex his very first WDW balloon on the way out of the park

And that's it for Day 5! :thumbsup2

How terrible that you all got a virus on your trip... That is just plain awful. I am always paranoid that that will happen on a trip. That just plain sucks.

Alex is sooooo cute! My youngest will be two- two weeks before we go on our October trip!! :) I have two boys- so I know how much fun little boys are!

Great TR!

Never taken Trent to see Country Bears. I never noticed those jokes either. you got me curious now :rotfl:

Love the pic of you and Alex in Cosmic Rays :goodvibes

How terrible that you all got a virus on your trip... That is just plain awful. I am always paranoid that that will happen on a trip. That just plain sucks.

Alex is sooooo cute! My youngest will be two- two weeks before we go on our October trip!! :) I have two boys- so I know how much fun little boys are!

Great TR!

Thanks. It was really crazy. I think the only reason it happened is due to staying at the Best Western at DTD the first night of our trip. I think DS picked it up there. It was for sure a freak thing.

Thank you so much! Oh how exciting! This age is so much fun and yeah boys are so awesome! They certainly keep you on your toes but in a fun way.

Thank you :thumbsup2

Never taken Trent to see Country Bears. I never noticed those jokes either. you got me curious now :rotfl:

Love the pic of you and Alex in Cosmic Rays :goodvibes

LOL yeah the stuff they say in the songs is kind of.....questionable content for kids if you KWIM. Especially the girl bear that comes down from the ceiling. You should take Trent in there on your trip in Feb haha!

Thank you! That one is definitely one of my favorites from the trip. Love that we are both smiling so big!:goodvibes

Oh my gosh, Carla, Alex looks SO LITTLE in these pictures!! :rotfl: Amazing how much he has grown in under a year.

Totally agree on Country Bears! I paid so much more attention to the words taking Paxton for the first time and WOW! :eek:

I really love GMR! Such a classic. We felt like this past trip was really the first time Paxton could handle a 25 minute attraction so it was nice to get to ride again after skipping it the year before.

Oh my gosh, Carla, Alex looks SO LITTLE in these pictures!! :rotfl: Amazing how much he has grown in under a year.

Totally agree on Country Bears! I paid so much more attention to the words taking Paxton for the first time and WOW! :eek:

I really love GMR! Such a classic. We felt like this past trip was really the first time Paxton could handle a 25 minute attraction so it was nice to get to ride again after skipping it the year before.

Haha ye so does! It really is crazy how much he has grown since then already. Same with Paxton! Our boys no longer look like toddlers. They look like little boys? Where's the rewind button?

Haha glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I felt like such a prude walking out of there with how disgusted I felt by the context of the songs when I used to love them as a kid!

Awww glad you got to do it last trip. I guess I didn't realize it was a 25 min ride. No wonder Alex fell asleep on it the first time we rode it lol. That's why we haven't taken him on Ellen's energy adventure. That one is 45 min long.

I am on youtube watching the Country Bear Jamboree. I do not remember the jokes. It has been gone from Disneyland for years so I have no clue about the jokes.

Oh wow! I never noticed these lyrics when I was a kid.:rotfl:

IKR!? Lol so crazy how much goes over your head as a kid. Thank God for that! My grandmother took us in there every time we went to MK with her because we loved it lol

IKR!? Lol so crazy how much goes over your head as a kid. Thank God for that! My grandmother took us in there every time we went to MK with her because we loved it lol

I think I would have taken my kids in. They hear worse things once they go to school. Plus I am sure like me they would have been more fascinated with watching the bears more than listening to them.

Subbing in. won't be able to start reading and commenting until this weekend but wanted to get it flagged now:thumbsup2

Subbing in. won't be able to start reading and commenting until this weekend but wanted to get it flagged now:thumbsup2

Thanks for joining in! I seriously need to get this TR wrapped up before we leave for Disney again in two weeks lol

Looks like today we took Alex to DHS. First stop of the morning! A character meet with Jake of course!

Then we headed over to The Art of Animation for another Mickey sighting. This was the cutest meet ever. Everyone in line was saying "awwww".

Then we stopped over at Disney Jr Live On Stage. Alex did not want to sit on the floor by himself or get up and dance and he certainly didn't want his picture taken.

Traingle Selfie

Looks like it was about lunch time after we got out of the show so we stopped off at Pizza Planet. It wasn't nearly as crowded as I remember it being in there last time thank goodness. This place can get slammed!

Then we headed over to meet Phineas and Ferb! We all love these guys but I decided to let DH get in the pic with Alex himself.

I really can't remember if we rode any rides while we were there. I think at one point I waited with Alex while DH rode ST and that was about it. Then we headed back to our resort for a nap.

After that it was back to EPCOT for us!

We decided to have dinner at GG. This was DH's first time eating there. And Alex's too. This restaurant has held a special place in my heart for me since a young girl. I've always loved this restaurant. The character interaction is amazing and it's never crowded.

Dale was hungry and tried to steal Alex's apple sauce squeeze and then he tried to color DH's nose red with Alex's crayon. Alex thought he was hilarious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter