Our 2 year Fantasy *o* Nov 2nd-9th *o*

epfootballcutie04

DiSnEy PrInCeSs
Hi everyone! Welcome to my trip report! :-) My husband and I sailed on the Fantasy November 2nd - 9th and we had an amazing time!! Ideally I wanted to make this trip report a long time ago but am now just getting to it :confused3 I don't know where all of my time goes.

Anyway, a little back story about us:
We met back in 2009 while we were both doing the Disney College Program in Walt Disney World!! He was a photo pass photographer at Magic Kingdom and I worked the front desk at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa/Disney's Old Key West Resort :thumbsup2

We remained the best of friends all throughout our internship and began our official long distance dating relationship New Years Day 2010 <3 Fast forward 1 year, 11 months and 4 days (1 move 500 miles for me, 2 apartments, one house and 3 cats later)... we got MARRIED!!

With me originally being from Minnesota and him originally being from Indiana we quickly decided the only option for us was to get married at the place it all started in the first place... Walt Disney World <3 !!

We got ready at the tree houses at Saratoga Springs, had our ceremony in the Walt Disney Wedding Paviion and our Reception at the Ballroom at the Grand Floridian!! It was AMAZING!! We had two very special guests of honor at our wedding...

Anyway, that's about enough of "meet the cast" :-) It ends up just being hubby (Tim) and I (Crissa)! We were on board to celebrate our two year anniversary and this cruise was paid for by my parents (thanks mom and dad!) with their DVC points (best purchase EVER, they say!)

Next post:
Airport, DVC Grand Floridian and is it time to cruise yet?!?

And So it Begins!!

I think I have decided to break this up in categories rather than day by day since I honestly don't remember day by day anymore... oops!

I do, however, remember everything that we did, so fear not!

If I don't have pictures of it, I will post a written recap about it and at some point I will post the must do's and the skip it's.

So here we go!! First up is:

PRE CRUISE

We had to wake up VERY early to get to the Indianapolis International Airport, but we made it and took some "selfles". I was SO excited to be going back to florida and took a picture of the very first palm trees that I saw out of the plane window :-) We were also excited because we were invited to try out the magic bands!!

We were staying at the brand new Villa's at Disney's Grand Floridian and couldn't WAIT to see what it looked like!!

Once we got on Magical Express and got to the resort, we got all checked in, but... our room wasn't ready. With it being only about 11am we didn't really expect it to be. Especially since we had a 2 bedroom villa all to ourselves!! (Thanks again, mom and dad!)

So we walked around the Grand reminiscing about our wedding memories... when we ran into Richard <3 This is the sweetest cast member you will ever meet. He had helped carry my train at that very spot on my wedding day, so I loved that I got a chance to talk to him!! After that, we took a bus over to down town disney and made tshirts to wear for sail away! ...72 bucks later (ouch!)... they were finished :-) The cast member at the design a tshirt store was super nice and talked to us about how she was a new cast member and had not been on a cruise before and was super jealous!

As soon as we got onto the bus to head back to the resort, we got a text saying OUR ROOM WAS READY!!! Perfect timing :-) We couldn't wait to check it out!!

We lovvvved the room!!! It was BEAUTIFUL! my parents even surprised us with ordering a duplicate of the top of our wedding cake since we never got ours and it was DELICIOUS! We also had a perfect view out of our room of the wedding pavilion, which was just amazing!
The only complaint that I had about the room was I personally thought the beds were a bit hard, but Tim loved them...
Tim also loved taking a bath and watching cartoons in the bathroom mirror... even though he could have taken a shower and layed in bed and watched an ACTUAL tv lol... he wanted the "full experience"...

I also thought it was interesting that the master bath shower had a sign by it that said it could hold 5 people. ;)

That's it for this post!! Up next: MNSSHP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter