OUCH: Support for Bush's re-election falls below 50 percent

TreeOfLife

DIS Veteran
http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/02/27/bush.poll/index.html

..."Optimism about the future of the economy also dropped 10 points "
..."The poll numbers suggest Bush has further to go in convincing Americans that he can turn the economy around. "

..."On Iraq, the support for invading that country seemed to hinge on several factors. One example: Forty percent of those polled said they would support an invasion of Iraq with U.S. forces only if the United Nations approves another U.S. resolution against Iraq. And support for an invasion drops significantly if Saddam destroys missiles cited by U.N. weapons inspectors, falling from 71 percent to 33 percent. "

Are they just picking on George at a moment like this?

quote from said article:

Still, a majority of those polled, 57 percent, said they approved of the way Bush is handling the job of president.

The poll -- based on telephone interviews with 1,004 adult Americans between February 24 and 26 -- also found that support for sending U.S. troops to Iraq remains steady at 59 percent.

Seems to me he's still doing OK.

The poll numbers suggest Bush has further to go in convincing Americans that he can turn the economy around.

Opinion.

I personally think that President Bush did a stellar and admirable job dealing with 9/11 and it's aftermath, including the military action in Afghanistan. . I could not imagine anyone being more steadying, straight forward, and confidence-inspiring as he was during that period considering the circumstances. .

But in the past few months he has been anything but those things. . . and it's showing in the polls.

People vote with their wallet. Remember the Clinton Slogan. "It's the Ecomony Stupid".

keep in mind where the poll is from CNN (Clinton news network), there about as fair as Phil Donahue

Bushies will always support their "leader" and like lemmings will follow him right off the cliff.

I saw this last week. Normally, anything under 50% for an elected official is bad news.

Bushies will always support their "leader" and like lemmings will follow him right off the cliff.

I do support President Bush, but I do not follow him "like a lemming." I carefully consider my opinions on his decisions and form my own opinion. In this case my opinion is the same as President Bush about going to war with Iraq, but there have been and will be times I disagree with his choices as well. I do generally agree with him, but I always evaluate my opinions for myself. Just wanted to clarify that I personally am not a "lemming."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter