Other update issues - signing in and going to specific page

PrincessShmoo

DIS veteran
When signing in, I prefer to to remain not signed in. But the default has the "stay signed in" bubble checked. So I have to uncheck it every time. Wouldn't it be easier to have the "stay signed in" bubble default to being unchecked? Those people who want to stay signed in only have to check it once.

Also, it used to be, when a thread had multiple posts, you could select on the main board what page you wanted to go to directly, now you have to scroll down through all the pages to get to a specific one.

Last edited:
The "stay signed in" is probably a case of "6 of one, half dozen of the other." I stay signed in on a couple of devices where I am the primary user, but I also use a shared laptop and don't stay signed in. I suppose it's an extra click for me when signing in on the shared device, but not a big issue.

Your second question... are you using a mobile device or PC/laptop? The page numbers aren't showing on mobile devices in portrait mode but if you turn to landscape mode they do. On a computer, i'm seeing the last 3 pages which can be easily clicked directly, or open the thread and it's easy to navigate to any page. I suspect access to the page numbers may return as the new format is tweaked, but I can't say for sure. At least there's a work-around right now.

The "stay signed in" is probably a case of "6 of one, half dozen of the other." I stay signed in on a couple of devices where I am the primary user, but I also use a shared laptop and don't stay signed in. I suppose it's an extra click for me when signing in on the shared device, but not a big issue.

Your second question... are you using a mobile device or PC/laptop? The page numbers aren't showing on mobile devices in portrait mode but if you turn to landscape mode they do. On a computer, i'm seeing the last 3 pages which can be easily clicked directly, or open the thread and it's easy to navigate to any page. I suspect access to the page numbers may return as the new format is tweaked, but I can't say for sure. At least there's a work-around right now.
For those who wish to stay signed in, it only requires a one time click to make it so.

For those who wish to not be always signed in, we have to uncheck the "stay signed in" bubble everytime.

I'm using a laptop. On those threads that are much longer than 3 pages, it takes a long time to click past each page separately. I hope the scroll feature (or whatever it's called) where you could scroll through the page numbers and select a specific page you want to go to can be enabled. Soon.

You don’t have to scroll each page of a 40 page thread. Open the thread, then at the bottom of each page is “1 of 40” or however many pages there are. Click that and you can select to which specific page you want to go. I agree it’s not as easy, and hopefully the page numbers will return as before, but it is easier than going page by page.

When signing in, I prefer to to remain not signed in. But the default has the "stay signed in" bubble checked. So I have to uncheck it every time. Wouldn't it be easier to have the "stay signed in" bubble default to being unchecked? Those people who want to stay signed in only have to check it once.
For those who wish to stay signed in, it only requires a one time click to make it so.

For those who wish to not be always signed in, we have to uncheck the "stay signed in" bubble everytime.
Does posting here actually reach the people who are handling the new format issues?

Or does a reply from a moderator here dismissing any suggestions kill the issue?

Last edited:
I’m only sharing what I have discovered with the new format and my opinion. I do not speak in behalf of those working hard behind-the-scenes on the technology.

I’m only sharing what I have discovered with the new format and my opinion. I do not speak in behalf of those working hard behind-the-scenes on the technology.
But the question still remains, do the "behind-the-scenes technology people" get the information regarding questions/issues raised here in order to address them?

I appreciate your knowledge and help here, maybe the tech people could listen to you.

But the question still remains, do the "behind-the-scenes technology people" get the information regarding questions/issues raised here in order to address them?
They do.

The Dark Mode questions were posed here on the Tech Board and within a day, the mode preference was added by the Webmasters.

They are also reading Host Board concerns and they are also being addressed. The board tweaking and refinement by the Webmasters continues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter