• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Other than Castle or fireworks, do you care what view your room has?

Her Dotness

DIS Veteran
We really don't unless we find we've a good view of the Castle or the other WDW fireworks from our room. (And we're too cheap to pay more for a better one. If we get upgraded, we won't refuse it by any means. Loves that pixie dust.)

Haven't ever stayed where we'd have a Disney Springs view, which might be pleasant.

Otherwise, we're too busy in parks, shopping, eating or sleeping--especially sleeping to have energy for the other three.

How do you/your family feel about the view from your room?

For moderate I don't care about the view. We don't have a balcony so it doesn't matter to me. I wouldn't book anything other than standard here.

When we stay deluxe I've only done standard views so far. We've only traveled with the kids or me with one of the kids so not much time to relax on the balcony and enjoy the view PLUS we've usually gone in the summer and it's too hot to be on the balcony IMO.

I hope to do an adults only trip once DD goes to college and plan to do BW view at BWV/BWI. I would love to do TPV at BLT or CR one day too. I would like to do SV at AKL also. It really depends on the type of trip we are going on.

Not enough to pay more. I usually stay at Pop, so you can't see much from the room window anyway.

Typically my family doesn't really mind what view we have. A lot of the times we get views of trees/parking lots and it has never been a problem. The only resort where I care is AKL. It would be a dealbreaker for me not to have a savanna view as I think it's one of the best parts of staying there. I stayed there for the first time last month and had a savanna view. It was amazing and super relaxing to sit outside with a drink and watch the animals. If no savanna view rooms were available, I would most likely pick another resort to stay at.

The only resort where I care is AKL. It would be a dealbreaker for me not to have a savanna view as I think it's one of the best parts of staying there.
Ahhh, an excellent point.

We're not AK fans, so I didn't think about a savanna view being in the Castle/other fireworks tier. Self-centered of me, I admit. :o

I'm sure other AK lovers will fill in that one as you did.

We prefer BW view at BWV and always book savanna view at AKV because we like to sit on the balcony sipping coffee or wine and watching people or animals, as the case may be. We like to sit on the balcony at other DVC resorts too and may or may not pay the necessary cost in points depending on what the possible views are.

When staying at POFQ we always requested, and got (surprise, LOL) building 4, ground floor, garden (parking lot) view. This accomplished several things. First, it was an out the door quick walk to the food court side door and coffee in the morning. Second, out the door and follow the sidewalk to the back of the bus stop. Very quick! Third, out the door, left turn and straight to the pool or laundry. And finally, we always drove, We could pull up to the curb in front of our room and unload very quickly. Of course load up right from the room on the last day.
Always requested anything in the Tokelau building when staying at the Poly. It was next to what used to be the "quiet pool". Next, it was about halfway in between the TTC and the main longhouse. Finally, as we always drove, very close the corner parking lot that always seemed to have spaces. Easy to unload and load the car.
OKW-Ground floor and we always request the end of Turtle Pond so we are a quick walk to the pool.
Probably nobody cares about this one but we always get a Premium site at Fort Wilderness. This has nothing to do with view as most sites are pretty similar as far as having landscaping between sites, it's that are long enough, and wide enough to accommodate our RV.

We've stayed at many deluxe resorts with balconies but I can't say we spend any time sat on them, it's usually just used to dry our washing. We had a view of Spaceship Earth lit up at night from BCV once which was cool but otherwise I'm either out of the room most of the day/evening, or lying down exhausted after a full/evening out, it's not about a room view for us.

Yes, we spend a lot of down time on the balcony — breakfast in the early morning, during our August afternoon breaks (when not at the pool), or with our post-park cocktails— so we go for a water view. I'm paying a lot for a Deluxe room, I'll pay more not to stare at a parking lot or rooftop HVAC.

It really depends on the resort. At BWI, I prefer garden as I don’t like The Boardwalk noise. At YC, I love water view to watch the boats. At RIV, I like standard for the chance of an EP view.

Nope, I'm too cheap to pay for anything other than standard. If I'm staying value or moderate it doesn't matter any way because of the outside hallways and people walking by the room. When I stay at Swan/Dolphin it's rare to get a balcony unless you upgrade (see previous I'm cheap) so it doesn't matter. When I stay deluxe, I do sit out on my balcony and have never really had a bad view. I was at YC once and my room had a parking lot view but the room was right over where you arrive and the balcony was almost the width of the building so I was good with that. I've also had the view of the woods on the side of YC, which isn't great but is oddly calming. I've been pretty lucky and have often had a garden view at YC, once has a lake view there. I've had a pool view at BW which was kind of noisy but fun to watch the lifeguards do their thing early in the morning, I've had great garden views at BW as well. I had a view of the people pens at AKL, which isn't considered a savannah view but I sat on my balcony every morning and watched animals. I once had a room on the ground floor at Dolphin, facing the pool with a little patio. Twice I was sitting out there with my door cracked open and ducks went in my room.

This was my view at Dolphin once 1656346696921.png

And my standard BW view once 1656347092423.png

Non Savannah AKL view 1656347332388.png

Uncle Scrooge here.

We splurged in 2019, staying at the Grand Floridian (GF) with a lagoon view. Not worth the price, imo. In 2020 and 2021, we opted for the Caribbean Beach Resort (CBR) at half the price and access to the Sky Liner. Have booked CBR again for this October. Both places were sufficiently comfortable, with the GF room a tad larger.

We just don't spend much time in our room other than sleeping or napping, showering, and getting ready to hit the parks. The GF's monorail was convenient to the MK, and does have some value, but not $300/day.

We are planning a DLR/DCA trip for fall, 2023, and I'm debating with myself on whether to try the Disneyland Hotel, just to have had the experience. Before we've stayed at the BW on Harbor. I understand the temptation of the "Disney Bubble," but I really do hate to waste money.

Yes and no. If I can book a better view, I do. Typically I find the differences between the discounted rates on standard and upgraded views to be small in the grand scheme of things I always prefer the better view when possible.
If I can't (as in, no room with the better view ever opens up) I'm fine with standard and in that case, no I don't care what view I have.
And if I book standard I always take what I get, I never try to get something better
Well, for that matter, no matter what view I book, I take what I get, as long as it matches.
I'm not going to accept parking lot if I book Water view or anything but if I book Water view and I don't like the Water view I get I'm not going to go asking for a different Water view.

For me, the resort is mostly just where I sleep and keep my stuff. I don't care where the room is as long as I can find the quickest way to get where I'm going early in the morning/late at night.

We had a theme park view at BLT in May and it was amazing to watch fireworks and a huge thunderstorm over MK. We were doing a split stay and moved over to BWV where we had a first floor 1 BR overlooking the (clown) pool and I was weirded out by people walking by all the time. CM's were not able to move us. I didn't go outside on my patio once which was a bummer.

Have never spent enough time in my hotel room. Honestly If I'm going to relax at my resort, Disney is the last place I'd go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter