OT- What do you do w/ your left over steaks.

Chop into bite sized pieces, put in casserole dish with marinara sauce, top with shredded mozzerella, bake until bubbly , serve over pasta. Can add peppers, onions, pepperoni, etc if you like.

Yummy!!

I cut mine into chunks and stir fry it with summer (yellow) squash, zuchinni, onions and mushrooms. I add a little teriyaki sauce and serve it over rice. Yum! It's pretty frugal too when I can get the squash out of my garden (DH is a dairy farmer and grows some "beef" for us!)

Our favorite thing to do with left over steak is to slice it thin cold and warm it up quick in a hot pan, then make eggs.. steak and eggs.. even for dinner, gotta love it!

Did you try asking on the cooking board? I would think this is more of a question for that board than this board.

I'm confused. Are they already cooked? If not, just freeze them and serve the DNs something else. If they are already cooked, I would make a meat pie.

Thai Beef Salad! Yummmm...

There are lots of recipes for it online. I adapted the recipes for what I normally have on hand; I didn't buy the extra expensive sauces, though I did buy a lime and a sprig of mint.

Well I don't have dogs and there is no way that I could have just thrown away 5 steaks for one I don't waste food and two I don't have that kind of money to just throw away. We cooked the steaks on the grill wed or thur i can't remember now. I will however admit that as soon as I posted this I thought I can make fajitas w/ them but I decided to wait and see what kind of good stuff was posted. Since we marinaded(sp?) the steaks I decided to go w/ the fajitas but you have given me ideas for other things to make w/ steak in general. I didn't know they had a cooking board and since I recently subbed to cheap and easy casserole thread on this board I figured I would post it here.

Thanks to everyone that replied and if you have any other ideas just keep posting them we eat steak alot.

I would make steak quesadillas. I do this with chicken when we have some left over and the whole family LOVES it!

All of my kids eat steak... even my 2 year old will ask for it! And when we go out that is what they usually order... so if I were having other childern over, I to would think they would eat it... I don't know of any little ones in the family or friends that don't eat steak?!?!

All of my kids eat steak... even my 2 year old will ask for it! And when we go out that is what they usually order... so if I were having other childern over, I to would think they would eat it... I don't know of any little ones in the family or friends that don't eat steak?!?!

My 2 yr. old has been eating steak a while now. She loves it. She eats a lot different foods and steak is a favorite! There is never left over steak in my house, it always has a purpose!!:)

I know that this is off topic a bit from the original post, but I find it more unusual when kids DO eat steak than when they don't. I took a child nutrition class and that was a big topic, how to make sure they got all the protein they needed, but with the challenge that they typically wouldn't want to eat the kinds of meats that adults would. So, I wouldn't assume most kids would eat it.
My oldest loves it, my middle tolerates it (would prefer hot dogs) and my youngest will eat it most days. Most of my friend's kids don't eat steak or pork chops and think I'm "very lucky" that my kids eat "real meat". I know my brother wouldn't touch the stuff for the longest time, and still tends toward chicken or fish when he has the option. My kids actually won't eat "mixed foods", which I love, like stews and casseroles! Grrrr!

I have been very fortunate w/ my dd she eats all types of fruits and veggies as well as meat. The only thing she will not eat is if we stop for fast food she really doesn't get the hamburgers although she has on occasion. My dd loves her Poorchops :goodvibes , when we got out to a restaurant she will or the steak or the ribs if the has that as an option. I love this about her it is so easy and I don't have to worry about what I am fixing. My aunt on the other hand she has six kids they are 16 and 14 and they make me crazy b/c none of them will eat the same things. It is also really good for me b/c if we go to someones house I know I don't have to worry about her not eating and they don't have to offer and kid friendly option. The only veggies/fruits she will not eat is tomatoes (I ate them all the time when I was pregnant w/ her) and mushrooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter