OT - Is this wrong?

aussietravellers

who LOVE disney holidays!
OK, I am just in a little shock and I am not sure if it is just me or if this is sort of.... just plain wrong!

It's my DS's birthday today and even though he is having his party at WDW with our friends at TRex and Ridemakerz (his choice), I made cupcakes to take to school today. Yummy Mars Bar Cupcakes, his favourite. I tried to get him to have a Krispy Kreme cake which would have been easier but no he wanted my mars bar cupcakes! So I happily whipped up a batch, iced and decorated them and sent them into school today (they have to have individual things so that they don't have to cut and plate, or napkin a cake). So I have just picked him up from school and asked him how they were and he said everybody loved them. I had packed enough for the kids and one for the teacher. Well they had a student teacher today as well and they all sang "happy birthday" and had a cupcake, including the teacher and the student teacher, everybody that is except MY SON! It's his birthday, it was his cake and he didn't get one!

Luckily I had a couple of spares so when we got home I sat him down and demanded that he eat two. We have a family dinner tonight and he will have a cake with the whole family there, but I am just really shocked that he didn't get a cake at school. Like I would have thought that he would have had one first, not last and missing out!

Is it just me or is that just plain wrong!

Anyway that is my rant for the day :lmao:

No it's not just you, that is wrong! The teacher should have made sure that all the kids had one before taking one herself (or offering one to the student teacher.)

Your poor boy! How sad that he had to sit and watch them eat his cake :(.

OK, I am just in a little shock and I am not sure if it is just me or if this is sort of.... just plain wrong!

It's my DS's birthday today and even though he is having his party at WDW with our friends at TRex and Ridemakerz (his choice), I made cupcakes to take to school today. Yummy Mars Bar Cupcakes, his favourite. I tried to get him to have a Krispy Kreme cake which would have been easier but no he wanted my mars bar cupcakes! So I happily whipped up a batch, iced and decorated them and sent them into school today (they have to have individual things so that they don't have to cut and plate, or napkin a cake). So I have just picked him up from school and asked him how they were and he said everybody loved them. I had packed enough for the kids and one for the teacher. Well they had a student teacher today as well and they all sang "happy birthday" and had a cupcake, including the teacher and the student teacher, everybody that is except MY SON! It's his birthday, it was his cake and he didn't get one!

Luckily I had a couple of spares so when we got home I sat him down and demanded that he eat two. We have a family dinner tonight and he will have a cake with the whole family there, but I am just really shocked that he didn't get a cake at school. Like I would have thought that he would have had one first, not last and missing out!

Is it just me or is that just plain wrong!

Anyway that is my rant for the day :lmao:

I agree, you make them for the kids to share in your child's birthday. Teachers come last, they could have shared the last one but to make a child miss out on their birthday is really sad.:confused:

I hope DS has a great birthday in WDW. :wizard:

My DD will get to celebrate her actual day there in 2012 and her little sister is not impressed. DD always has her birthday in the middle of the September holidays.

Yes I totally agree that is so wrong what type of message is the teacher giving to the kids, why the teacher should have shared with the student teacher. I would be so angry I would even say something to the principal.

I'm glad it's not just me :rotfl2:. Like I didn't mind the teacher having one because I did take an extra one for him and he is so lovely. I didn't know about the student teacher and the fact that the student teacher had one and the birthday boy and the supplier of the cupcakes didn't get one! I thought my son was just joking but he wasn't. I'm just surprised that he wasn't given one first as it was his birthday :confused3

I'm not going to say anything, it just really surprised me and really irritated me. I spent hours making them and then up early this morning icing and decorating them for my son and everybody else, not just for everybody else :rotfl:. But I am a firm believer in Karma. Just had to vent my frustration :rotfl2:

What sort of a teacher does that??? I wouldn't be happy either......make sure you give her an extra special christmas cup cake and add laxatives to the icing!!!

OMG, that is terrible :mad:

Your poor boy. I am glad that you had some at home for him.

Happy Birthday from the aussiegirls :cake:

:bday:

xxx

What sort of a teacher does that??? I wouldn't be happy either......make sure you give her an extra special christmas cup cake and add laxatives to the icing!!!
:lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2:

The student teacher is about 50+, like he should have known better!

OMG, that is terrible :mad:

Your poor boy. I am glad that you had some at home for him.

Happy Birthday from the aussiegirls :cake:

:bday:

xxx

Thank you :flower3:

It does highlight how well mannered your boy is for letting it happen and not kick up a fuss. (Fingers crossed it's well mannered and not a door mat)
Some kids would've had a hissy fit.

The teacher and student teacher should've known better. Now you've mentioned the student teacher was a 50+ man, I can see him biting into it assuming your boy already had one put aside. Men so often don't do that scanning until a few seconds/minutss/hours/days/months after they should've.... women are usually quite a bit faster with that checking, not always though!

That is just ridiculous - your poor son! I hope he enjoyed the rest of his birthday and has a great time at WDW! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter