OT - How do you not care what people think?

To Op every time I hear this subject come up it makes me think of this quote..“You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.”― Eleanor Roosevelt.

I know it can be hard to take not being liked personally, but I feel you have to stay focused on the job. Not that you can't care for your co workers. But you have to keep all of this in the proper perspective, that is key. In my course of work I meet all types of people. You have to realize some people just crave confrontation. Other like to play mind games. I'm not sure if either of these apply to your people, but you have to be mentally prepared to rise above the fray. Probably part of the problem is jealousy due to you moving onward and upward and they have not. Best of luck to you!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the link - interesting perspective!

JandJ - I think you are right to some degree. I think this person just has difficulty accepting direction from me, period - whether it be positive, negative, or otherwise. I try to be polite and considerate of my employees, but admitedly there are times that the pace is fast (or even frantic) and some degree of nicety goes out the window. Perhaps that is being misconstrued somehow. Thanks for the input and good luck in school!

Thanks again to all - this is exactly what I need to hear. I appreciate all of the comments and suggestions. I know that logically I shouldn't be taking things personally - but it isn't easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter