• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~~~OT-HELP-Cat peeing on wood furniture!!

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
HELP!!!!!!I just don't know what to do!
We have 4 cats, 3 older ones and a recently rescued a Bengal who was stuck living in a small bedroom by herself due to the fact that the owners other cat attacked her and chased her constantly. Our cats do not chase her and they all get along great.
We've had her for 3 weeks and she keeps peeing on an old antique buffet that my in-laws gave us and in the middle of our kitchen island on the countertop-only those 2 places. I thought it was due to stress at first but now it is continuing, the vet thought perhaps it was a uti. They said to put her in the bathroom at night by herself for a few nights, the 1st couple nights put a litterpan with litter so her scent gets in it when she pees...then remove the litter so she can pee it in to give us a sample for the vet. She has been peeing in the box at night but will not pee in it without litter so we can't get a sample, and during the day when she's not in the bathroom she pees on the buffet or counter whenever we go out(I'm a stay at home mom so we often go for walks or to the store.)
Our other cats have never peed anywhere other than their litter boxes. We have 2 litter boxes and they are cleaned out 1-2 times per day. I'm afraid they will start peeing where she has..I've been using Nature's Miracle but it must not work if she keeps peeing there. I feel so bad as she has ruining they old wood buffet that was given to us by my in-laws.
Any suggestions?

I'm going to suggest that you continue to put her in the bathroom when you aren't home. Is she doing it when you are there or just when you're gone or at night? Another suggestion is to get the carpet protector that has little bumps on the underside to keep in down, cut a piece of that and lay it over the buffet spiky side up. Cats don't like it, it bothers their paws so when she jumps up there she will jump right back down. It's just a deterrent tho, to try to train her away from it, it's not going to stop the peeing where she isn't supposed to issue.

How many litter boxes do you have? Sometimes cats won't use a box with another cats smell, I have 2 cats and 2 cat boxes, they get scooped every other day.

OMG this is kismet lol

My DS cat does the same thing....if it does not stop I am going to lose the cat :eek:

I just banished her to the bathroom 15 minutes ago! ?Caught her spraying a chair.

I have had cats my whole life and never had one that peed on anything until this one. fixed or not

Is the new kitty on heat?

Son's is, we want to get her fixed but she goes in and out of season so fast.
I heard it is not safe to do it when they are in season, is that correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter