Orphaned Room Issue

Pyxie

DIS Veteran
Is there no way to get around the orphaned room issue?

I have a 2 night stay (as part of a split stay) booked at POFQ in May. I originally wanted a king room. Even though it costs more, it just makes the most sense as it is just my husband and I traveling and had it booked initially. When the spring/summer discount came out, I modified and it was no longer available under the discount so I selected a garden view.

It *is* available for my nights though. I've checked. The system just won't let you book it for 2 nights (actually, it won't let me book it for my 2nd night but does show availability for my 1st). But, if you go in and select 4 nights that include my same 2 nights, it is there.

It really isn't the end of the world, just kind of annoying. I spoke with Disney and the CM said there is nothing that can be done, but just wondering if anyone else knows of ways around this. Otherwise, I'll just stay put or hope for more availability to open before my trip.

Try calling again. I’ve had luck with some cast members being more magically helpful with stuff like that than others. Even if regular reservations can’t do it, I’ve had luck when they escalate it over to guest services. Good luck.

Try calling again. I’ve had luck with some cast members being more magically helpful with stuff like that than others. Even if regular reservations can’t do it, I’ve had luck when they escalate it over to guest services. Good luck.

Thank you! She mentioned sending me to guest services but was like "they won't be able to do anything either." Maybe I'll try again. :)

Guest services can (if they choose (key word) and if what you want is available) override what the computer won't let the front-line CM do - but you need to get to them. Next time you call if you get the same result ask to be transfered.

Guest services can (if they choose (key word) and if what you want is available) override what the computer won't let the front-line CM do - but you need to get to them. Next time you call if you get the same result ask to be transfered.

Well apparently the guest services rep I spoke with didn't "choose" to do it because I keep being told no.

It was worth a try I guess.

Book it with the wrong dates. Keep your original booking. Call and ask to modify the dates of the new booking and don’t mention your other booking, you’ll have to be escalated up the food chain. If up the food chain won’t modify it, have them cancel it.

They may say yes, they may say no but maybe you’ll have better luck with a different guest services rep and an actual booking already in place. (I don’t know if people have been able to get guest services to override the computers before an actual booking is in place which seems like what you tried to do.)

Book it with the wrong dates. Keep your original booking. Call and ask to modify the dates of the new booking and don’t mention your other booking, you’ll have to be escalated up the food chain. If up the food chain won’t modify it, have them cancel it.

They may say yes, they may say no but maybe you’ll have better luck with a different guest services rep and an actual booking already in place. (I don’t know if people have been able to get guest services to override the computers before an actual booking is in place which seems like what you tried to do.)
This. When I’ve had luck with this sort of situation, it’s always been when I’ve already had a booking.

Well apparently the guest services rep I spoke with didn't "choose" to do it because I keep being told no.

It was worth a try I guess.

Ahh, I see from subsequent posts I misunderstood your situation - my advice applies if you have a reservation already booked and need to drop a day/days. No guarantees that works either, but worth a shot.

Your current reservation is for 2Q? You want to book a K?

If so you're asking to change a, secret, 4 night minimum to 2 nights. You've asked more then once. I'd let it go. You're being treated the same as a new reservation would be treated

If your existing reservation and the available 4 nighr was the same room type and rate basis (discount) getting an exception is more likely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter