Orlando Golf Cart Rentals

We are picking up 4 carts from Golf Cart Rental of Orlando and am wondering what they do with the trailer once they meet you off property to hook it up... Does it stay in the front lot at the fort or does it have to be returned right after you get the carts onto fort property. Hopefully someone who has rented from them can tell me. Thank you in advance!

We are picking up 4 carts from Golf Cart Rental of Orlando and am wondering what they do with the trailer once they meet you off property to hook it up... Does it stay in the front lot at the fort or does it have to be returned right after you get the carts onto fort property. Hopefully someone who has rented from them can tell me. Thank you in advance!

B&G,

I've never rented from them but I would expect them to expect you to immediately unload the 4 carts and return the trailer to either the drop point or some other designated location. If that is a means of delivery/pickup for them I wonder if they want it to sit idle in the Fort overflow lot. They would probably want to use it for other customers during your stay. But that's just a guess on my part.

Four carts is a lot of wheels. :drive: Good luck with your group!

Bama Ed

For it to sit in the overflow lot, you would have to get a parking permit tied to your site and reservation. All these types of details should have been spelled out in your contract.

Just got back from a wonderful 9 days in the Fort. I am just going to say to everyone - don't rent a golf cart from anyone except Disney!!! We had a NIGHTMARE experience with Sun City. Rude, very unprofessional and TOTALLY NOT WORTH THE STRESS! I know Disney is more expensive. But they are nice and professional and always on time. We seriously had to go on a four hour search for our cart...which was never found.

And that wasn't the worst of it. To be honest, because of the price, I would not have whined about it, because they did eventually drop off another cart. What really made me mad (and what made me decide to share this experience) was the fact that he then YELLED at us because we didn't return the cart properly. We received the nastiest phone call on our return trip, although no procedures were given to us and no procedures outlined. When we were searching for our cart, he didn't want to bother to come over (btw - hadn't return our calls or texts for about six hours that day) because he was "having dinner." But we are supposed to read his mind on how to return the cart???

To top this all off, my sister got a call from him today threatening to sue us for telling the truth about our experience because he saw I wrote something on this board. I am glad she said, "PLEASE! Get lawyers involved!" We would love that! I have never experienced such unprofessionalism. As a small business owner myself (who only relies on word of mouth for advertising), I would have been saying, "I'm so sorry things got so mixed up for you. Let me make this up to you next time." I would have left my dinner on the first night and rushed over to help my client. And I certainly would never have reprimanded/yelled at them for doing something wrong when I have not even outlined basic procedures for them. What he said to us? "Next time you come to Fort Wilderness, don't bother calling us - call Kenny!"

I think you should all take his own advice. Or just rent from Disney. Which is what I plan to do on my return trip.

mouserly,

What terrible service you received! :furious: Honestly I had never heard of these folks but I understand why I might not have.

You're right that you don't need stress on vacation.

Bama Ed

About 4 years ago we where trying to setup 2 reservations for 4 seaters because Disney was booked solid. After 2 agonizing weeks of trying the various recomended, we decided that since we owned our own carts, we would just devise a way to get the two carts down here. We don't take the carts to most RV campgrounds, so a system had not been setup already. But we do use our carts a lot at a local race track where we are volunteer officials of the events.

I have to say after reading post after post, that going with Disney is about the only solid option other then bringing your own (if you happen to own one already.)

Of course after 4 years of refinement we now have it down to a science and modified my car trailer in a way that we could take 4 carts if we really wanted to (and other families we know with carts decided they wanted to join our Grand Gathering)

Of course after 4 years of refinement we now have it down to a science and modified my car trailer in a way that we could take 4 carts if we really wanted to (and other families we know with carts decided they wanted to join our Grand Gathering)

That is awesome! Since you have so many carts, perhaps you can answer a question for me? To put lights up on the carts, is there an outlet or does everyone have battery operated lights? We're planning for next year (and will be using a Disney cart after reading these threads)!

Since you are renting the carts, I would recomend just strings of 12v lights with a 12v DC accessory plug and a jump box (like those used to jump start cars) that has the accessory outlet. It can be secured between the front and back seat and recharged as needed.

But if I where to do it on my own carts I would have one of two options for a temporary setup.

Option 1 - buy 12v based lights, create a custom harness with alligator clips to clip onto the battery terminal. The electric golf carts are mostly 36v or 48v, there are some higher voltage but not many. With a 36v cart the configuration is 6 6v deep cycle batteries in series, the 48v is 6 8v batteries in series. Both styles of carts operate their 12v systems off just 2 of the 6 batteries, this too can be used to power the lights. If you clamp the negative of your lights to a negative post of one battery and the postive to the positive one battery above in the series you will get 12-14v (depending on the cart type) and the lights will work. Now, I recommend even with LED, put a switch on them so you dont draw down those 2 batteries all the time, over a long period its not good for the battery and can affect the overall carts performance. If its a gas cart, then there is only 1 12v battery and its just like any other car.

Option 2 - Using standard 120v strings from home. This too can be done, but you will need an inverter. You can get one for about 30-40 bucks that will come with alligator clamps and produce enough wattage to run the lights. Again, you need to hook up to 2 of the 6 battiers in series by using the positive of one battery, and the negative of the next battery down the series. This will produce the acceptable 12-14v the inverter needs to produce the 120v to run the lights.

If you chose to use the carts battery system like above, just be careful to hook it up properly to avoid damaging the carts electrical system. And do not make any permanent modifications to the carts headlight or tailight systems. Even on my own carts if I where to add a permanent way to connect the lights, it would be on its own switched and fused circuit.

Inverter it is! Glad OP started this thread, as I did originally consider an outside vendor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter