Ordering from Shops from home

Critter3

Mouseketeer
I did a search and I think I know my answer, but is it possible to call the Disney Shops and essentially ask if they have something in stock, and then buy it and get it shipped? It sounds like you can't do that and I'm SOL?

Background is that while we were in Downtown Disney on May 19th, my son had bought a light up/sound R2D2 keychain. He loved it and I'm surprised the batteries didn't die. However, on the 21st him and I were at Disneyland Park in the evening and he had it with him. Unfortunately, he had it in his hoodie pocket and somewhere along the way he had lost it. Unfortunately, we were in line at ROTR and I figured by the time we got out that someone would have picked it up and kept it. So I figured we would just go buy a new one. On the 22nd we were at DCA and forgot to go to the store in DTD and get a new one. Then on the 23rd (our last day) him and I closed down DCA then walked over to the Star Wars store to get a new one....but they were sold out and we couldn't find it anywhere. We checked all the stores in DTD that might have it, with no luck. The poor guy was SO distraught over it, and it still makes my heart hurt just typing about it. Poor guy. And of course we were leaving early the next day so we couldn't check any other stores or anything. When we got home I checked all around online but can't seem to find it. There was one on eBay that I tried to buy (outrageous cost, lol) but the seller then stated he was actually out of stock. Uhg.

Attachments

• R2D2.jpg
    R2D2.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Disney used to have an excellent app called the Disney Parks app where you could buy items from the parks and have it shipped to your home. They shut it down a few years ago and now you can only get things from Shopdisney.com. It was a fantastic app that helped me purchase items for our upcoming trips. It would also help you find things at a specific shop when you were at the parks.

Disney used to have an excellent app called the Disney Parks app where you could buy items from the parks and have it shipped to your home. They shut it down a few years ago and now you can only get things from Shopdisney.com. It was a fantastic app that helped me purchase items for our upcoming trips. It would also help you find things at a specific shop when you were at the parks.
I remember that app! It was great, has so many unique items. I was sad when it closed.

ShopDisney offers a similar (but obviously not the same) R2-D2 keychain. The cool thing about this one is that you can personalize it with his name. Search for "R2-D2 Leather Keychain" at shopdisney.com.

Try Ear for Each Other. Former cast members that were impacted by Covid offering all kinds of services, including shopping for you.

If you are still looking and still interested in August, I'd be happy to look when I am there. But I hope you have some luck sooner.

I appreciate the offer! I actually found another seller on eBay and they say they have it in stock. The first guy also said he was going to the park and would let me know if they had any and he would get one (with the upcharge of course, lol). I ordered off the second guy, and the first guy said he checked and it was out of stock. Had to pay about 3 times what it was in the park (including shipping) but it will be worth it once I see his face when he sees it. It should arrive by July 5th so I'll have to come back and give an update.
We'll be there July 4-8 and can look for you then!

As above, I really appreciate the offer. If for some reason this one comes in and it's not what I expected (used, broken, etc.) I will let you guys know.
ShopDisney offers a similar (but obviously not the same) R2-D2 keychain. The cool thing about this one is that you can personalize it with his name. Search for "R2-D2 Leather Keychain" at shopdisney.com.
IMO there is a few key chains that are cooler than this one but he wanted THIS one, ha ha. When we went back and found out it was out of stock I tried offering that we buy a few other options but he wouldn't have any of it. Of course, at the time he was really upset about it and didn't want to think about any others. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter