Orbitz 15% off summer discount rates

I am another one thanking everyone for this great info. Saved $152 before taxes were added in (plus have Orbitz $ in the pot) for a POFQ booking in October. Brought the average nightly rate down to $178-will wait and see if they bring out a fall discount deal and if so can change, but even under the current summer discount that's only $10 dearer than what I could get and I would have to move elsewhere e.g. to POR as POFQ is always excluded.

ADR's will cancel if I were to just go in and cancel the Resort booking. (EVEN though I have them tied to my credit card.) To avoid this, I must get the new reservation into the Disney Experience site, then CALL WDW Dining to have the ADR's associated with the new reservation number.

How do you know your ADRs will cancel? Mine are all still listed on MDE. I haven't called Disney Dining yet, but I guess I could. What I did was add my Orbitz reservation to my account before I called Disney to cancel my room only reservation that I had with them. My Dining reservations remained linked the entire time. I'm not sure why the dining reservations would be cancelled.

How do you know your ADRs will cancel? Mine are all still listed on MDE. I haven't called Disney Dining yet, but I guess I could. What I did was add my Orbitz reservation to my account before I called Disney to cancel my room only reservation that I had with them. My Dining reservations remained linked the entire time. I'm not sure why the dining reservations would be cancelled.

They wouldn't be canceled. If you stay off property you can make ADR's they are not tied into your resort reservation. Yesterday we switched from AofA booked through Disney to CBR booked through Orbitz and all of our ADR's stayed on MDE after CBR was added and AofA was canceled.

Thanks for the info. With the discover promo code I can get an AS resort for $98 (total) less for 5 nights.
With this and the booking of the airline and using Undercover Tourist to get tickets, I can save a ton of money (for me).

Thanks for the information and code for Orbitz. I never would have booked with them had I not read it here. I just saved $102 for 2 night at the Boardwalk in the end of August. I'm so excited!,

For those that have called to add children, how long until the reservation showed up updated on the Disney website? I was able to link my reservation made this morning and called just a few minutes ago to add my son but it still shows two adults only on Disney's website.

My reservation was already in mde then I called to add my kids and it was instantaneous.

I added mine to MDE immediately after getting off the phone with Orbitz and it showed 2 adults and 2 children.

I called Disney and asked if it was showing on their end and she said no but was very helpful and added it herself and then it did show instantly for me. Now we're all set!

Hi, we're returning to Disney for the first time in a while this August and got the 35% discount at WL. But this Orbitz deal looks great and the extra discount would save me almost $250 over the six nights. For those of you who originally booked through Disney, did you cancel with them first and then book with Orbitz? Or book the Orbitz deal first to make sure I get it, then cancel the original? The dates will be different by one day.
thanks!

If a Fall discount R/O comes out and you already booked Orbitz with the DISCOVER code, will they apply the additional Disney discount if you call or do you have to cancel and rebook the reservation again with the Fall discount? (provided the current room/dates are eligible for the R/O dates)

TIA!

Hi, we're returning to Disney for the first time in a while this August and got the 35% discount at WL. But this Orbitz deal looks great and the extra discount would save me almost $250 over the six nights. For those of you who originally booked through Disney, did you cancel with them first and then book with Orbitz? Or book the Orbitz deal first to make sure I get it, then cancel the original? The dates will be different by one day.
thanks!

Hi yes I booked through Orbitz first, then made sure everything showed up in MDE and the next day I cancelled my reservation. I did however, put the orbitz reservation in my husband's name. The disney reservation was in my name. Everything went through perfectly with Orbitz, it took a few phone calls to make sure everything switched right. It was worth it, I saved another $267.00.

Good luck.:)

If a Fall discount R/O comes out and you already booked Orbitz with the DISCOVER code, will they apply the additional Disney discount if you call or do you have to cancel and rebook the reservation again with the Fall discount? (provided the current room/dates are eligible for the R/O dates)

TIA!

You'd have to call and cancel, then rebook. I originally booked with a 20% discount. When a 25% discount came out! I called and the gentleman booked a new reservation with the new discount, then cancelled the old one while I was on the phone with him. I had to pay the while new reservation at that time, but the old reservation amount showed on my Visa account within 3 days. :goodvibes

You'd have to call and cancel, then rebook. I originally booked with a 20% discount. When a 25% discount came out! I called and the gentleman booked a new reservation with the new discount, then cancelled the old one while I was on the phone with him. I had to pay the while new reservation at that time, but the old reservation amount showed on my Visa account within 3 days. :goodvibes

What's the 25% discount? :)

What's the 25% discount? :)

This was a discount that came out in January through Cheaptickets I believe. That was an extra 25% off select disney hotels on top of the springs savings promotion. I took advantage of it, keep your eyes peeled CT has it every so often.

when does the discover promotion end? doe sorbitz constantly have these promotions? I have never used them before.

I did it! I cancelled my disney reservation and did an Orbitz. Then purchased tix through Undercover tourist. for 7 night stay at POP I upgraded from a standard room to the preferred pool room and saved $50 to do it. Have to do transportation and add tickets to MDE still. Hoping no bumps are in the road ahead!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter