"Open Seasonally" Rides

SheenaXena21

DIS Veteran
I am planning on visiting WDW in October. I wanted to know if anyone could tell me how they do the seasonal rides. I love the Carosel of Progress and I would be so bummed if it wasn't open. Does anyone know how this goes down? Thanks

Traditionally it's only been open during peak season and then real sporadically. It was open a lot during the closing of the old Alien Encounter, while they were working on Stitch.

It is one of the very few rides I have yet to go on at WDW.

DH and I did find it open while we were there last year 10/08-10/15 but that may have been related to Stitch ride not being open yet. Hopefully it will be open again - we just love to take in the classics (especially the Walt classics) :earsboy: :earsgirl:

As it gets closer, Disney's website will tell you. There is a section on the parks and calendars section that has dates for rehabs etc. I know it's supposed to be open in March this year while we are there, and it was open in Dec. but those are pretty peak times too. I am pretty sure when we have gone the last 2 Octobers it has not been open.

My DH first took me on CoP during our Oct 03 trip, I loved it! That was when AE was down for enhancements, but last Dec CoP was open along with the new Stitch attraction. Who knows? I hope it's open for you!

D4D

After several years, I finally was able to experience the C of P. However, I have yet to catch Timekeeper! I wish WDW would keep these open year round! :earboy2:

We finally saw Timekeeper in Dec! I really thought it was cute! Wish they'd update the video and put seats in though...

sunny04 said:
We finally saw Timekeeper in Dec! I really thought it was cute! Wish they'd update the video and put seats in though...

Well fiddlesticks! I was there 27-29 of November and it was closed. :earboy2:

SheenaXena21 said:
Thanks for the replies. Well, I guess it's going to be heads up or heads down. Thanks.

We went 2/6 - 2/10 this year and COP was open because they had Astro Orbiter,Dumbo and It's a small world closed and timekeeper. So I was very happy that is was open and got to see it. Now last year we went 2nd last week in January and it was closed with timekeeper but the rest was open. A CM told us it was open this time because of the number of rides down for rehab or redoing over again.
:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter