Onsite or Timeshare?

I have never rented points but have rented out points. Depending on where you want to stay renting points can be much cheaper. Example: 2 BR SSR for a week(sat-sat) in January would be about 2,200. Seems like a lot but 2 rooms during the same time at a value would be about 1,800. More but depending on your budget maybe much better.

The best I found was $2868 for rent that week. Usually the people offering points cheaper dont have that many left? (or I might be completely wrong) Maybe you rent out much cheaper than most. I found 2 rooms at pop for $1458.... yes I would love any villa but since I am on the west coast, I need to keep costs low so I can come back more :)

Last time we came to WDW we used our timeshare to stay at BCV. It was awesome. I am planning a last minute trip for January.

I am assuming that nothing is going to beat our BCV visit other than maybe a different villa?!

I am debating staying offsite using the timeshare or using the room only discount to stay at a value. There are 7 of us (2 parents, 5 kids) So we would have to pay for 2 rooms, at the value resorts. The cost of the villa out of pocket is way more than I want to pay. If I stay offsite I will have the issue of renting a car/gas and trying to find my way around.

I realize this is a heated question but, any input? Pay for 2 rooms at the value and not use timeshare/rent car etc. OR use timeshare & have rental car expense... not room expense.

And if I look on Disney.com for my room only discount....how do I know if it is at a discounted rate? I also am a Disney visa card holder and AAA member are there room only discounts for them that would make this decision easier?

Try WLV. WL is a truly fantatsic place to stay. very close to MK (short boat ride). Great pool, great places to eat. Give it a try you will not be disappointed.

Bonnet Creek does have a free shuttle service to the parks.

We have stayed onsite every trip so far, but we are staying at Bonnet Creek for the next trip. The price, location, space, kitchen, and washer/dryer did it for me!

Good luck!

Another vote for the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. As others have noted, you would probably be more comfortable in a place like that where you'll have space for everyone and room to spread out. WBC also has pretty extensive transportation to and from the parks, so it would give your group the flexibility to come and go at different times. With a little research and possibly using some discount codes (check the Mousesavers site), you might be able to bring the price of the rental car down. Getting around will be very easy, since WBC is actually contained within Disney property, so it's close to everything, and the roads are very well marked to direct you anywhere you need to go.

I had decided to stay at pop. DH is down there for business and was driving around. After seeing port orleans... he wants me to change to there. mmmmm... now I have more research to do :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter