Only 24 Hours From Tulsa - Indian Territory

what an amazing trip so far and so much to see and do. How wonderful to visit the house where susan grew up with all its history.

wonderful photos of such a beautiful trip

susan

Welcome to Oklahoma! I'm glad you visited Sand Springs. That's where I grew up and learned to proofread. I found your blog by searching online for "Sand Springs High School." I edit the newsletter of the SSHS Alumni Association.

Welcome to Oklahoma! I'm glad you visited Sand Springs. That's where I grew up and learned to proofread. I found your blog by searching online for "Sand Springs High School." I edit the newsletter of the SSHS Alumni Association.

Dear Nitpicker3,

Debbie is away on a cruise and extended vacation, so it's likely that she won't read or reply to your comments for awhile. I am responding in my capacity (granted by Debbie) of trip consultant and contributing editor. I am also replying to accept the responsibility for this small yet significant directional error. East is east and west is west and Tahlequah is most definitely east of Tulsa. Debbie can be forgiven as this was her first trip to Oklahoma and she was writing this segment months later, shuffling stacks of notes and thousands of memories. I, on the other hand, have no excuse. I've lived in Northeastern Oklahoma my entire life and have driven from Tulsa to Tahlequah countless times. I do know it is east of here. I have to confess that I proofread this report, as Debbie has me do with each, and missed the mistake, then skipped over the mistake again and again as I've reread the report many times, reliving the adventure. Obviously, my eyes were a bit clouded with emotion, a problem you didn't have when reading.

Some would be offended by a correction. I assure you Debbie will not. She won't like that she posted a mistake because she is very careful about anything written carrying her name. But it is exactly because she is so careful and precise in her writing, that I know she will graciously thank you and immediately correct the error. And she will correct it, because this report, though entertaining the rest of us, is really a souvenir meant to remind Matt and her of this trip.

Debbie's reports are at the half way point in the trip, with most of the Route 66 trek and an incredible meeting with someone Disney readers (which most on this Board are) will be envious to read, still to be written. I am including the link to the segments to date.

Thanks for caring enough to send the correction. I think that Debbie and I may have found a kindred spirit in you. BTW, great nickname--it suits you!

Best regards,
Susan

Index to all instalments (Note to Nitpicker3: Debbie used the British spelling of "installments")

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=39983371&postcount=99

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter