Online Dating...

I don't think online dating is wrong, I just don't think it's for me personally.

i honestly just dont see the difference.

i get it. "i want physical closeness. i want to touch. i want to feel."

but some people just dont need that. they'd rather get to know someone else's heart before they got to know their appearance.

It's not appearance at all.

Traditional relationship - Typically you're "drawn" to one another, you have that body chemistry. That spark in your eyes, that tingly feeling when you touch.

What happens when you meet your online SO, and that spark is dead? They're a nice person, but physcially there's no connection between you two at all?

than that obviously means that they arent your SO.

im not sayin its wrong or right.

but if people find happiness and love online, then good for them.

than that obviously means that they arent your SO.

im not sayin its wrong or right.

but if people find happiness and love online, then good for them.

I'm not saying it's wrong or right either, I just don't understand it.

And your first sentence confuses me. A SO is your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/life partner/whatever. If you agree to go out, you're dating. What do you mean "they aren't your SO"?

if two people are meant for each other, any type of relationship (online or in real life) will work. but they will eventually be together in real life.

I met a girl on yahoo.com in 2002. The stars were aligned. We've been dating and living together in Miami, FL for 6 years. We're in love.

Scott & Hope

Sonya, I seriously didn't mean to sound offended of anything lol. I'm totally fine with what you all have to say, that's why I made the thread. And yeah, I have met someone...but that's another story lol. I can't explain it to someone who hasn't gone through the same thing...they just won't understand. That's why I just keep the deeper things to myself. But, I agree with what some of you said, that if you're meant to be together, you will be. And I also really love hugs and holding hands..and let me tell you it SUCKS in plain english to not be able to do that...but we are both pretty mature for this relationship and I know when we do get to do those things together, it will have been totally worth the wait.

Well...

Been there, done that.

It's good for emotional love/connection, but for physical love...doesn't work out. And sometimes, it doesn't work out at all.

2/3 DIS couples broke up.

And surprisingly, the guy broke up with the girl both times.

I met a girl online and talked to her for months before we ever met. We started dating a couple of months after we first met face-to-face. We only see each other every couple of weeks, so I guess most of our dating is done online.

I think it's a good way to make a connection and meet people you might never have come across IRL. I know of a few adults that have met their wives/husbands online and had an online relationship for months or even a year before they met each other in person.

i think you can have crushes over the internet , but dating would be difficult.

but if you can safely meet eventualy it could work .
i think it is possible , but not easily .
and if you love the person enough . it can be worth it :thumbsup2

because youre there
and the look on their face..
i passed notes with my crush the entire day on friday.
That didnt mean we didnt see each others facial expressions, it was just because we werent allowed to talk.

and if you wrote a love note and left it for someone you obviously know them, and will probably see them again.

offtopic.. how did it go ?!
thats really cute !

Well...

Been there, done that.

It's good for emotional love/connection, but for physical love...doesn't work out. And sometimes, it doesn't work out at all.

2/3 DIS couples broke up.

And surprisingly, the guy broke up with the girl both times.

i just realized that.

face it meg, we're too good for them :p

i think you can have crushes over the internet , but dating would be difficult.

but if you can safely meet eventualy it could work .
i think it is possible , but not easily .
and if you love the person enough . it can be worth it :thumbsup2

I agree :P

and dating is hard..but totally worth it.

Yea it makes no sense to me....
Why would you want to date someone you never actually met?
It just don't get it.

I don't understand it either. It's just...weird.

Yea, I also think it's weird like.. sharing your feelings and stuff over the internet and just everything about it is weird.

Same here.
You can't look into the person's eyes and tell them EXACTLY how you feel..

but i do not trust those stupid eharmony websites. just for fun, i took the test. i was told that i was a certain type of personality that cant be matched up. :/

Wow. That's so weird. There's someone out there for everyone!?

Well, I broke the DIS couple chain haha.

...How? Your boyfriend isn't on the DIS lol.

I don't do online relationships for my own reasons. But I cannot say I'm for or against them. They have their pros and cons. Some people can make it work, and the more to them if they can.

But for me, I'm very easily infatuated. A person could trust me to not cheat, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want that person I would actually know. I would feel guilty if I was flirting with guys all the time when I've never really done it with the other guy.

There's also, I have issues with not seeing a guy I like. If he's not in that class, or even not in school at all I get sad. If he doesn't speak to me, I get sad. They control my happiness, it's horrible, but I find myself happiest with them.

And not having actually had a real relationship, I don't plan on having one online. I need that physical part.

It's not appearance at all.

Traditional relationship - Typically you're "drawn" to one another, you have that body chemistry. That spark in your eyes, that tingly feeling when you touch.

What happens when you meet your online SO, and that spark is dead? They're a nice person, but physcially there's no connection between you two at all?

Not true, for me, at least lol.

I met a girl on yahoo.com in 2002. The stars were aligned. We've been dating and living together in Miami, FL for 6 years. We're in love.

Scott & Hope
That's so good for both of you!
But you guys were over 18 weren't you?

I don't understand it either. It's just...weird.

Same here.
You can't look into the person's eyes and tell them EXACTLY how you feel..

Wow. That's so weird. There's someone out there for everyone!?

...How? Your boyfriend isn't on the DIS lol.

Haha, that's what she was trying to say.
She broke the DIS chain of dating by talking to someone else on another forum.

In my opinion, no one can understand how people can love each other over the internet unless it actually happens to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter